Should I Try Topical Dutasteride Or Ru

hailmary

Reaction score
My doctor prescribed me to try topical Dutastride I took the pills for a bit but couldn't handle the sides. My question is if its worth trying this method. Also I been reading and I really want to try the RU forumual also not sure what to do. I want to avoid a Hair transplant if I can get just a little bit of coverage will be happy.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride is known to go systemic so I don't see a point in trying it topically. Some people have had permanent sides even after quitting finasteride/dutasteride, so my personal suggestion is for you to completely stop on these drugs.

If you are willing to take a risk then go for either ru58841 or cb0301 as some members that have previously experienced sides with finasteride/dutasteride have had success with RU/CB without the sides.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
My doctor prescribed me to try topical Dutastride I took the pills for a bit but couldn't handle the sides. My question is if its worth trying this method. Also I been reading and I really want to try the RU forumual also not sure what to do. I want to avoid a Hair transplant if I can get just a little bit of coverage will be happy.

Topical dutasteride is a good idea in very low doses. It can inhibit 5AR1 in the scalp (important). Howwver it must be prepared properly in a pharmacy to enhance penetration. You can't just plop it into alcohol.

hailmary

Reaction score
yea I'm on finasteride right now..1mg a day for past 4 year been good at maintaining but I'm still too thin in my crown..i have weak hairs there if they would thicken a bit I would be fine.

The primary sides I got were brain fog like serisouly would get spaced out sometimes when I had to go write a test and ofcourse the low libido.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
I would try at first topical finasteride since you are already using finasteride. And then probably very low dose of topical dutasteride since you are experiencing side-effects. Slowly upping the dose of dutasteride to see if you experience more side-effects.
It would probably be smart to add an anti-androgen, but I would add RU as a last resort since it is not well studied. For example cyproterone acetate is hepatotoxic, cancerous and can cause depression but who knows ru might be even good for the health ( probably not but just to give perspective), we dont know.
If finasteride and dutasteride doesnt work and you really serious about regrow. You might consider strong topical hormone therapy and see if you can maintain the results. You can read this thread.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/diane-35-aldactone-lotion.83795/

markusbdc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical dutasteride is a good idea in very low doses. It can inhibit 5AR1 in the scalp (important). Howwver it must be prepared properly in a pharmacy to enhance penetration. You can't just plop it into alcohol.
I want desparately to not be on dutasteride even though it seems to have slowed my recent shed considerably...Do you know how to prepare it for topical use? Would an average pharmacy just know how to do it ? thanks....

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump. Also interested in how to prepare dutasteride for topical use.

I've read previous posts by @John979 who said he had a lot of success with putting 40 pills into a 2fl ounce minoxidil and applying every other day.

Unfortunately he hasn't been on this forum in over 7 years, living his life fully haired with the complete topical dutasteride recipe.

AndrewBarnes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if you plop it into alcohol and microneedle for more absorption?

jazz1

Reaction score

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Check the Topical Dutasteride thread.

jazz1

Reaction score
I feel like the more I see you push that pharmacy, the less people trust it lol! Seems like anti-marketing almost. I much prefer seeing your opinion on things rather than the robotic advert posts

Fair enough each to their own, you can scroll down and check, I pay for all my products see my posts bank statements. The only reason I recommend the pharmacy is because they agree to give us forum members discount. Plus I want them to stay in business as the previous compound pharmacies I used closed over time and in the United Kingdom we don’t have these topical compound mixtures.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this guy stopped his hairloss with topical duta once a month?

"
Gyno (had to be surgically removed). Lost of libido. Prostate pain. Extreme brain fog and fatigue. No erections
Switched to topical finasteride. Same sides even with the lower dose when used with DMI.
Switched to topical finasteride without DMI. 0.05%, absolute lowest dose. No side effects but did not stop hair loss either.
Switched to topical dutasteride 1%. (2mg per ml). Completely stopped hair loss. No side effects. I use it once a month to not allow build up
Only side effect I get is a little anxiety the first 2 days when waking up after applying it. Then it goes away."

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

what would happen if i would put duta powder into minoxidil?

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair enough each to their own, you can scroll down and check, I pay for all my products see my posts bank statements. The only reason I recommend the pharmacy is because they agree to give us forum members discount. Plus I want them to stay in business as the previous compound pharmacies I used closed over time and in the United Kingdom we don’t have these topical compound mixtures.

I believe you tbf mate! I'm just saying I think it reads like spam and anyone who's well versed on the internet assumes something dodgy. I live in the UK too but I havent even considered looking into said pharmacy as it just seems suspicious despite the fact your intentions are good. Less is more imo

jazz1

Reaction score
I believe you tbf mate! I'm just saying I think it reads like spam and anyone who's well versed on the internet assumes something dodgy. I live in the UK too but I havent even considered looking into said pharmacy as it just seems suspicious despite the fact your intentions are good. Less is more imo

I feel you just a shame UK does not have compounded pharmacies like the US. I use to go Belgravia Hairloss Clinic they charge arm and leg for just 12.5% minoxidil cream.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel you just a shame UK does not have compounded pharmacies like the US. I use to go Belgravia Hairloss Clinic they charge arm and leg for just 12.5% minoxidil cream.
I refuse to even say belgravia's name as it may as well be another word for rip-off. We definitely need more private clinics where they have more freedom to assess and prescribe/compound drugs. Even places where blood tests could be taken as accurately as possible or perhaps scalp biopsies! It truly sucks to have hair loss living in any country but this one has to be one of the worst lol