should i tell

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
been seeing this great girl for a bit now . shes not got a clue i wear when we first started going out it was getting hot and she did go towards my hair i pulled her hand away and said my heads a bit sensitive due to a head injury (didnt no what else to say) since then shes been no where near my head . but she on about moving in so im wondering is it time to tell her .

Cassin

Reaction score
jake1980 said:
been seeing this great girl for a bit now . shes not got a clue i wear when we first started going out it was getting hot and she did go towards my hair i pulled her hand away and said my heads a bit sensitive due to a head injury (didnt no what else to say) since then shes been no where near my head . but she on about moving in so im wondering is it time to tell her .

Yeah its time to tell her for sure and thats the worst excuse I have ever heard but I used one just like it when I used to wear a hat all the time. hah

I got into this rambling mess of a story and couldn't get out of it. Still embarrasses me to this day to even think about it.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
jake1980 said:

Yeah its time to tell her for sure and thats the worst excuse I have ever heard but I used one just like it when I used to wear a hat all the time. hah

I got into this rambling mess of a story and couldn't get out of it. Still embarrasses me to this day to even think about it.

i agree cassin its a poor excuse :(

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that you should.
If she is understanding and loves you she will understand you being apprehensive about telling her and won't have a problem with you wearing.
She may already know or suspect you wear but doesn't want to say, either for fear of embarrasing you or doesn't think it is worth a thought.
Either way, honesty is the best policy in relationships.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
machman said:
I think that you should.
If she is understanding and loves you she will understand you being apprehensive about telling her and won't have a problem with you wearing.
She may already know or suspect you wear but doesn't want to say, either for fear of embarrasing you or doesn't think it is worth a thought.
Either way, honesty is the best policy in relationships.

ya i no in my mind i will have to tell her and tbh i think she be ok well i hope lol
dont think she knows as she would of defo said something , i let everyone no how it goes

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
jake1980 said:
still not told her i nearly did but i bottled it :( shes not moved in yet

Man its going to drive you insane.

it is playing on my mind cassin and wished she knew .gona have to tell her quick but not sure how to go about it or how she be about it in my mind i think she be ok .

Mojo Risin

Reaction score
You'll have to do it sooner or later. If she doesn't accept it (if she loves you, it's impossible), then she's really not a person you should live your life with.

Cassin

Reaction score
jake1980 said:
Cassin said:
jake1980 said:
still not told her i nearly did but i bottled it :( shes not moved in yet

Man its going to drive you insane.

it is playing on my mind cassin and wished she knew .gona have to tell her quick but not sure how to go about it or how she be about it in my mind i think she be ok .

Man I do not envy your position. Has to be one of the toughest relationship tests you or anyone else will ever face.

If it was me...honestly I would keep it as painfully simple as possible. Knowing me I would say something like "Look...I have something very important to tell you and I am incredibly embarrassed and humbled. I started losing my hair a long time ago, I didn't like the way I looked so I am using a hair system to cover the gaps"

Not sure how much shorter you can make it?

I would imagine you're right in that she will be ok because she likely already knows something as you alluded to before.

Noah

Reaction score
With respect, that's terrible advice. Why is it "very important" that he uses a harmless cosmetic appliance to improve his looks? Why should he be "incredibly embarrassed and humbled" by that? Save that language for when you have contracted a STD or been arrested for fraud.

To some extent the girl will take her lead from him. If he characterises it as a big embarrassment, she will see it that way too. Wait till you're having a conversation about clothes or looks or fitness, and just slip it into the conversation that you had a procedure to thicken your hair up. If she asks more, tell her all the Hollywood guys are doing it - Ben Affleck, Brendan Fraser, Enrique Iglesias. It's just real hair that they fix to your head to supplement your natural hair if it's thinning. That's all she needs to know.

Cassin

Reaction score
I dunno...I am sure she already knows. Being evasive or half truths don't work when you live with someone.

Anyway....he knows his girl and he knows what works best so good luck man.

Noah

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I dunno...I am sure she already knows".

Oh really; and your conclusion is based on what exactly? Perhaps you saw a toupee on the Mary Tyler Moore show once. Or maybe you were a Hair Club member from 1967 to 1971?

There is such a lot of sh*t talked on this board on the subject of hairpieces by people who are not wearing a piece and have not been within 50 feet of a hairpiece (to their knowledge) in the last decade.

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
well ive gone and done it told her today
she came over yesterday and stayed the night was going to tell her last night aftyer a few beers but i bottled it even after i had a few . so today we went over to my mums for sunday lunch then came back to mine a few hours later and i heard by self saying i need to talk to day she looked at me and said what is it , i said its not about me and you i love u to bits and this is why i need to talk to you. i said remember last year when i went abroad to get my teeth sorted (had awefull teeth) so i went abroad as it was cheaper to have all upper crowns . she said yes i said well ive been losing my hair for a few years now and she looked at my head and said your hair looks fine . i said well its not really i started using a thickner called toppik then i started losing more hair . i seen her looking at my hair then she said what are you going on about i said its not all my hair its mixed in with false hair . she said honest i said yes she said i dont no what to say i thought it was your real hair i would of never of guessed are u joking i said no . i said i be getting a new system soon thats what it is its called a hair system..i said dont worry it wont blow off in the street she started laughing then she hugged me and said i love u. i feel good that ive told her i really do :)

jake1980

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys for the nice replys . talked to her today and she didnt even mention
my hair . the system i have now is from ba its only 50 density i like them very light :)

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
Pleased for you mate!
If you have a good partner who loves you for who you are then there really will be no problem at all.
In fact women tend to be a lot more open and accepting about all of this than us guys,in fact us the balding guys!!LOL!!
The other good thing is it has taken a great weight off your shoulders so all you have to do is just concentrate on the both of you without any worries and hang ups!!
PS where did you get your teeth done and would you recommend them?
If so drop me a pm with details please!
Thanks!