Should I start Worrying? Age 20 and receding.

sish93

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this and have recently become a bit distressed about my hair loss. I've always had very thick dark hair and it wasn't until around the age of 18 that I noticed my hairline had matured or had got higher, this didn't phase me as I know a hairline is supposed to change as you get older, however two years down the line now I'm 20 and the difference has really started to become noticeable and my hair has started thinning and receding rapidly, so much so that other people have now noticed and started ridiculing me as I am the only person people know of at my age to have started to really be effected by hair loss.

It has really affected my confidence as I feel that it doesn't look healthy or how it used to, it makes my general appearance worse and just make me look and feel older than I actually am, it is a constant effort to cover it up and I just wish that I could have normal hair cuts.

I am posting some pictures exposing in full light the extent of my recession and thinning frontal hair, I would really value some opinions on how bad it is for my age and of course advice on what I can do to treat it. I realize it may be early male pattern baldness but I have heard the earlier its treated the better chance there is of maintaining hair, I've decided to stop covering it up and rather would tackle it even if this means a hair transplant at some point down the line.

Many Thanks,
S

ps pictures attached

Attachments

• Baldingblog 7.JPG
    Baldingblog 7.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 9,970
  • Balding blog 6.JPG
    Balding blog 6.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 9,091
  • Baldingblog 3.JPG
    Baldingblog 3.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 8,512
  • Baldingblog 2.JPG
    Baldingblog 2.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 22,892
  • Baldingblog 1.JPG
    Baldingblog 1.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 16,470

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
Man, you look totally fine (maybe slightly receding like me) but hair looks thick man. Have you thought of a regimen or anything?

sish93

Reaction score
Man, you look totally fine (maybe slightly receding like me) but hair looks thick man. Have you thought of a regimen or anything?
Thanks for the reassurance dude, I guess it has just panicked me of late as it seems like a big change in appearance for me. I also used to straighten and style my hair with all types of wax/gels for years beforehand like in my teens I think the straightening iron could have effected the follicles. I've looked into rogaine but heard it cant do anything for frontal hair loss so not sure what to do about restoring my hairline. Apparently with finasteride and propecia they can stop any further recession? What do you think the best would be for me?
S

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is your hair can stay like that for 20+ years, or it can disappear in a couple. I would start a herbal DHT blocker, and the S5 cream off this site. Unnoticeable sides, and it works alright. Don't forget to take pictures every 3 months regardless if you are getting on treatments. Same spot, light, and hair length.

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
I was like that when I was 18, balding has since continued (started a regimen in may). Males in my family are all bald, at family parties we can tell by the lack of hair who is genuine family and who is married into our family. How is the hair in your family? Dad, uncles (brothers of your mother esp.), grandfathers..?
Do they all have (signs of) male pattern baldness? It's all in the genes and if everybody in your family is bald I'd suggest starting a regimen with finasteride & minoxidil (do your research), but if they all have mature hairlines (like you do know) and no balding, I don't think you need to worry at this stage since your hair looks thick & strong.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to say just from photos but it looks like my hair did some years ago. I wish I had started treatments sooner, the earlier you start the more chance you have of keeping your hair.

Get on the right treatment early and you may never have to worry about needing a transplant.

berict

Reaction score
Man, I thought I was losing my hair at 16. I'm now 25 and similar to yours. I'd just relax and sip on a beer. Oh wait you're not 21 yet. :p

- - - Updated - - -

Also just wanted to add; kids today are ****ing pussies.

FairHared

Reaction score
You do have a slightly high hairline but do you have anymore pictures, such as one with your hair wet? Because, frankly your hair looks a lot better at age 20 than mine did. So go out and party it up, to most girls you have NO HAIRLOSS.

toomuch

Reaction score
A couple years ago my hair looked just like that, I had no idea I was going to go bald. Under 2 years later I'm a diffuse thinning NW3V and will be NW7 before I'm 35.

Thrasher637

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new to this and have recently become a bit distressed about my hair loss. I've always had very thick dark hair and it wasn't until around the age of 18 that I noticed my hairline had matured or had got higher, this didn't phase me as I know a hairline is supposed to change as you get older, however two years down the line now I'm 20 and the difference has really started to become noticeable and my hair has started thinning and receding rapidly, so much so that other people have now noticed and started ridiculing me as I am the only person people know of at my age to have started to really be effected by hair loss.

It has really affected my confidence as I feel that it doesn't look healthy or how it used to, it makes my general appearance worse and just make me look and feel older than I actually am, it is a constant effort to cover it up and I just wish that I could have normal hair cuts.

I am posting some pictures exposing in full light the extent of my recession and thinning frontal hair, I would really value some opinions on how bad it is for my age and of course advice on what I can do to treat it. I realize it may be early male pattern baldness but I have heard the earlier its treated the better chance there is of maintaining hair, I've decided to stop covering it up and rather would tackle it even if this means a hair transplant at some point down the line.

Many Thanks,
S

ps pictures attached
Hey
Hey everyone,

Many Thanks,
S

ps pictures attached
Hey, I’m not really expecting a response since you posted this 5 years ago but if you see this, how is your hairline now? I’m 20 and my hair and hairline is just like yours in the pictures and I’m curious how they have progressed for you over the last 5 years. Also, would you have any advice for me? Thanks.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey

Hey, I’m not really expecting a response since you posted this 5 years ago but if you see this, how is your hairline now? I’m 20 and my hair and hairline is just like yours in the pictures and I’m curious how they have progressed for you over the last 5 years. Also, would you have any advice for me? Thanks.

Silly, he is bald now, I'm currently 20. He gave it a good run, I'm up next up on the plate.

Ali021

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello man I have been sending messages since 2021.I’m 19 and my hair just like you
How is your hairline now?I very worried that I get bald
Tell me if you have any advice
Please reply if you see my message
Thanks