Should I start Propecia while having thyroid problems? + Topical Finasteride

struggle

Reaction score
Im having hypothyroidism problems, namely high TSH. The thing is, my doctor is stupid is treating me wrongly. Says TSH 7 is not that high, whatever. I don't know what to do, and it seems is going to take forever for me to find a good Doctor. Unless I start experimenting myself with thyroid hormone doses and see what happens, im stuck.

And to boot, while im fatigued as ****, im balding. Im a NW2 with some vertex thinning, it's not bad for now, but im feeling my head itchy lately, i think my hair is benig attacked by DHT. I hate this feeling. If I didn't had the fatigue thyroid problems, I would be on Finasteride. I've considered the Topical Finasteride that ******* sells. It should have less impact on your DHT than an oral, logically. Not all of it is going to get absorbed. So did anyone get good results with topical finasteride? what dose and vehicle did you use? the one by ******* seems legit.

http://*******.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=3&product_id=14

I would dilute it in Minoxidil (the one by Lipogaine is what I had planned to get). So I would get some vials and put 5ml of minoxidil and 1ml of ******* topical finasteride. The ******* ratio is too strong for my taste (2.5mg of finasteride/1ml) so by doing this I would have 0.5mg of finasteride per ml. So I would apply 1ml of this mix in the morning, which means 1ml of minoxidil and 0.5mg of topical finasteride. At night I would use another 1ml but only of minoxidil. Daily.
If I don't see no sides or anything weird, I would use 1mg of finasteride daily (2ml from the mix on the vials).
I would save the vials on the frige to minimise the sistemic absorption even more.

I also have some Revita lying around which I use from time to time, and also some aloe vera and MSM lotion to make the hair and scalp feel better.

But like I said I haven't started with my plan yet because im scared due my thyroid fatigue thing. What should I do? I can't just sit and see how im going bald. I can't be only because of the thyroid problem because my dad, his brother, and their dad was bald. My maternal grandfather is a NW3. Im 23 near 24 so lowering some DHT now shouldn't be the end of the world since my development is almost complete (I would say 25 is ideal to try to play with your DHT levels).

Im going to get some labs done before anything tho. If a person has low DHT by default he will have sides guaranteed. I just hope I have normal to high DHT so I have a good margin of action. I have a lot of body hair and other masculine traits so I just hope it's high and I don't notice lowering it a bit.

Anyway, drop some thoughts because I need to take a decision SOON.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
can't comment on the question itself as i'm definitely not knowledgeable enough to give a decent answer on that - but i know there will be people on this board who could help you out with some educated advice.
one thing i will say though, if you didn't pick up on it, is the fact that the site you mentioned is censored means it's not a well liked site at all. it might look legit, but it ain't.
so best start looking in other places i'm afraid.
good luck,
f

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think DoctorHouse, a member on here, has thyroid problems yet is on finasteride the past few years. You should PM him or wait for a response.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
it's hypo not hyper you have right?

I have hypothyroidism (low thyroid) and take meds for it. My thyroid levels are supposedly normal using the meds although I still seem to get lots of fatigue. I also take finasteride

struggle

Reaction score
can't comment on the question itself as i'm definitely not knowledgeable enough to give a decent answer on that - but i know there will be people on this board who could help you out with some educated advice.
one thing i will say though, if you didn't pick up on it, is the fact that the site you mentioned is censored means it's not a well liked site at all. it might look legit, but it ain't.
so best start looking in other places i'm afraid.
good luck,
f

The site is gen-hair, it's a legit vehicle for the topical finasteride. This site censors pretty much all urls.

resu

Reaction score
What other symptoms do you guys experience? Went to the doctors and they spotted all kinds of wrong things with me, from skin being yellowish, having rosy face, my nails color and "layering", also my eyebrows which are very thin but this I had to explain to them because they wouldn't know what the density was like in the past. Don't have a lump or bumps in the throat so that's a positive sign for me at least but I'm fatigued to ****, 24x7!! I keep hearing people who take meds for the thyroid who are still fatigued, that's really demoralizing to hear.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The site is gen-hair, it's a legit vehicle for the topical finasteride. This site censors pretty much all urls.

No. We don't. We have censored only URLS that are owned by people who have attempted to harm this web site, harm its users, or in the case of Gen ... Hair ... they specifically requested it. Please dont speak when you don't have any idea what goes on behind the scenes.