Should I just give up? ( considering turkey FUE)

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
- 35 been losing hair since 18, male baldbess pattern
- never tried meds , too scared of sides
- not sure what stage I'm at right now, probably n6 or 7?

Is there hope with a transplant? Consulted several clinics in turkey and they say I wud need to transplant body ( beard or chest) hair!! Does that even make sense or is it just about money?

Should I just embrace the subhumanity for the rest of my life?

Attachments

• 20201112_193527.jpg
    20201112_193527.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Screenshot_20201110-185608_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201110-185608_WhatsApp.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 181
  • Screenshot_20201108-133735_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201108-133735_WhatsApp.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 188

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So. Nobody has enough donor grafts to cover a NW6 or NW7. Your donor isnt the best but is okay i think? But ye beard hairs and body hair do get transplanted. Its simply not possible to recover the hair from n7 for anyone, unless you want some see through low density thing. You will probably keep losing as well, so whatever you have i doubt will stay.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try ketoconazole shampoo, dermaroller with minoxidil, if you will be weak reasponder to topical minoxidil than try oral minoxidil and keep using dermaroller and ketoconazole. Also you can try topical dutasteride or RU58841 or consifer using oral finasteride, if you get any sides you can always discountinie to take it and sides probably will go away. Then consider hair transplant.

lonelypanda

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely do not get any kind of a transplant. That would be a huge mistake. Even if they could somehow give you decent coverage it would be gone in two years without finasteride (even with finasteride the rest of your hair would slowly recede away from the transplanted area) and you'll be left with obviously transplanted hairs on the top and nothing else, it will look absurd and you will never want anyone to look at your head ever again. DO NOT GET A TRANSPLANT OF ANY KIND!!!
To be honest, even though it is 'non-invasive', a hair transplant is still surgery. I would say there is more risk with a hair transplant than meds.

With minoxidil/dermaroller you could grow most of it back, I've seen more miraculous recoveries than yours, go to the derma rolling thread and see for yourself.

Side effects of meds are rare, and if you get them just stop taking the meds. Don't buy into the fear-mongering on the internet. I've seen people say oh "it might make me depressed" or "it made my semen a bit watery so I stopped". You know what makes me depressed? Hair loss. I see these posts from people talking about how they feel like killing themselves, how they've stopped going out with friends, haven't left their house in months (pre-covid lockdown). These people are completely consumed by their hairloss to the point where it's ruining their whole youth and yet they still won't take finasteride because they're afraid of watery semen, or a 2% chance that their dick that they're not even using will only get 90% hard? Complete madness.

For some people losing their hair sucks, but they shave their head and move on. For some people losing their hair makes them think about it every waking moment. Some people look good bald, some people look worse than they did with hair- but still good, some people look ehhh, some people look awful. Depends on your body type, face, head shape, etc. For the record, I think you probably look fairly normal judging from your pictures. Regardless, how you feel matters most.

Considering the fact that you refer to balding as "subhumanity", I'm guessing that your hair means a lot to you. Go try minoxidil and dermarolling. If you get regrowth, go get finasteride to keep your gains. There are other meds coming out down the line that you could add to your regimen as well. I can't promise results, but I think you have a good chance to regrow a considerable amount of your hair. All hope is not lost, you just need a tiny bit of courage and effort.

Last edited:

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely do not get any kind of a transplant. That would be a huge mistake. Even if they could somehow give you decent coverage it would be gone in two years without finasteride (even with finasteride the rest of your hair would slowly recede away from the transplanted area) and you'll be left with obviously transplanted hairs on the top and nothing else, it will look absurd and you will never want anyone to look at your head ever again. DO NOT GET A TRANSPLANT OF ANY KIND!!!
To be honest, even though it is 'non-invasive', a hair transplant is still surgery. I would say there is more risk with a hair transplant than meds.

With minoxidil/dermaroller you could grow most of it back, I've seen more miraculous recoveries than yours, go to the derma rolling thread and see for yourself.

Side effects of meds are rare, and if you get them just stop taking the meds. Don't buy into the fear-mongering on the internet. I've seen people say oh "it might make me depressed" or "it made my semen a bit watery so I stopped". You know what makes me depressed? Hair loss. I see these posts from people talking about how they feel like killing themselves, how they've stopped going out with friends, haven't left their house in months (pre-covid lockdown). These people are completely consumed by their hairloss to the point where it's ruining their whole youth and yet they still won't take finasteride because they're afraid of watery semen, or a 2% chance that their dick that they're not even using will only get 90% hard? Complete madness.

For some people losing their hair sucks, but they shave their head and move on. For some people losing their hair makes them think about it every waking moment. Some people look good bald, some people look worse than they did with hair- but still good, some people look ehhh, some people look awful. Depends on your body type, face, head shape, etc. For the record, I think you probably look fairly normal judging from your pictures. Regardless, how you feel matters most.

Considering the fact that you refer to balding as "subhumanity", I'm guessing that your hair means a lot to you. Go try minoxidil and dermarolling. If you get regrowth, go get finasteride to keep your gains. There are other meds coming out down the line that you could add to your regimen as well. I can't promise results, but I think you have a good chance to regrow a considerable amount of your hair. All hope is not lost, you just need a tiny bit of courage and effort.
WOW! thank you so much sir!!
Sometimes i wanna kick myself for not getting on procepia from the beginning since it does seem to work but man the horror stories about that stuff..I'm already paranoid to begin
Regarding the transplant, ive seen results (including on this forum) where people were able o cover the area nicely (at least the look was superior to nw7) using donor and beard hair..which is what was offered to me in Turkey, i guess that is pretty rare?
The final question that i have, does oral minoxidil and the derma thingy help only with thinning areas where there is still baby hair or could it also help regrow in the empty areas?

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair system
I actually tried that!
I saw a commercial and was so fascinated by it that i went to a place that offers them and got it on the spot.. it did not fit right and i could feel that the sides were attached but the middle area was not and it kept filling up with air and making crackling noise (when i pushed the air out the smell was horrendous)

Despite all this it looked really good the first 4 days, however it shedded like crazy and by 2 weeks it wasn't wearable anymore ,i went back to that a**h** barber who i realised definitely scammed me and he just removed it and stuck another one on my head that looked like justin beiber..eventually i removed it and went back to buzzing

i realised a few things from this whole experience:
1- Your family/ friends will NOT be comfortable with it..there will be talk behind your back, you will come off as lacking confidence and become a bit of a laughing stock
2- maintenance is an absolute b**ch, and no its not u just leave it on for 2 weeks, after 3-4 days it becomes smelly as hell and loose especially when your sleeping
3- Its not as simple as just doing it..wether or not u care or dont care about what people say you cannot just show up to work with a full head of hair thats just ridiculous
4- you do get paranoid with it, and there is a feeling of guilt when you meet new people/ go on dates, you feel like your scamming them, and you keep thinking of worse case scenarios were it would come off in public which would be an absolute nightmare, in addition to the crazy costs

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes i wanna kick myself for not getting on procepia from the beginning since it does seem to work but man the horror stories about that stuff..I'm already paranoid to begin
Regarding the transplant, ive seen results (including on this forum) where people were able o cover the area nicely (at least the look was superior to nw7) using donor and beard hair..which is what was offered to me in Turkey, i guess that is pretty rare?
The final question that i have, does oral minoxidil and the derma thingy help only with thinning areas where there is still baby hair or could it also help regrow in the empty areas?
I'm sorry for sticking my nose into this reply. But definitely dont give up. Imo your steps should be;

1. Do your best to get regrowth. Dermastamp - weekly/dermaroll daily for topical minoxidil absorption. Add oral minoxidil if you like but please research it 1st.

2. You are going to have to attempt to block dht/possibly testosterone too, so you need to take an anti-androgen. This will stop whatever you regrow from being harassed by menacing androgens. For DHT look into topical dutasteride if the sides still worry you otherwise finasteride is an obvious place to start. RU or CB might be needed if testosterone is still damaging your hair but blocking DHT should be your priority. Also PLEASE if you do decide to take any of these anti-androgens.. GET YOUR BLOOD WORK DONE 1st. You'll be so grateful you have your natural untouched hormone levels logged just incase. Also if you did decide to use topical dutasteride it would be extremely useful for a different ongoing conversation.

3. Wait. And I mean an actual substantial amount of time to maximise and see gains and at least achieve maintenance.

4. Only then consider a transplant. Plenty of people here will give their opinion when it comes to that point.

The pic I attached is where I could realistically see possible regrowth. I've honestly seen more miraculous comebacks then this so do not lose hope. (The T's stand for transplant)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201115-112043_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201115-112043_Samsung Internet.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 60

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry for sticking my nose into this reply. But definitely dont give up. Imo your steps should be;

1. Do your best to get regrowth. Dermastamp - weekly/dermaroll daily for topical minoxidil absorption. Add oral minoxidil if you like but please research it 1st.

2. You are going to have to attempt to block dht/possibly testosterone too, so you need to take an anti-androgen. This will stop whatever you regrow from being harassed by menacing androgens. For DHT look into topical dutasteride if the sides still worry you otherwise finasteride is an obvious place to start. RU or CB might be needed if testosterone is still damaging your hair but blocking DHT should be your priority. Also PLEASE if you do decide to take any of these anti-androgens.. GET YOUR BLOOD WORK DONE 1st. You'll be so grateful you have your natural untouched hormone levels logged just incase. Also if you did decide to use topical dutasteride it would be extremely useful for a different ongoing conversation.

3. Wait. And I mean an actual substantial amount of time to maximise and see gains and at least achieve maintenance.

4. Only then consider a transplant. Plenty of people here will give their opinion when it comes to that point.

The pic I attached is where I could realistically see possible regrowth. I've honestly seen more miraculous comebacks then this so do not lose hope. (The T's stand for transplant)
So i can only get regrowth in areas other than the ones marked with transplant?

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
That dude advising against a transplant is a jerk tbh, you already lost 98% of your hair it's not gonna get worse with a transplant only better. Realistically you want as much hair as you can get. One can claim you'd be wasting your time but worst case scenario you'll finally have a hairline to frame your bald head instead of a never ending forehead.

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
That dude advising against a transplant is a jerk tbh, you already lost 98% of your hair it's not gonna get worse with a transplant only better. Realistically you want as much hair as you can get. One can claim you'd be wasting your time but worst case scenario you'll finally have a hairline to frame your bald head instead of a never ending forehead.
I don't know what to believe anymore :((

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
What stage were u? The Turks say that they can do one megasession fue + beard... Worse case scenario wud my donor area get also messed up?

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i can only get regrowth in areas other than the ones marked with transplant?
The ones marked with T are slick bald. I would never tell you you could get regrowth there as that would raise unlikely expectations BUT its possible to be a hyper-responder. Given your age a transplant seems way more viable on them areas.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
try minoxidil + dermaroll + finasteride for a year and then get transplant

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hello I’m currently experiencing hair loss from thinning hair and my temples. I’m currently taking 15% minoxidil from Belgravia centre. I have noticed slight difference in my hairline but it’s not cost effective and would prefer thickness more then anything. If anyone can help suggest how to come off minoxidil or suggest a cheaper company, I would really be grateful. Also I have used finasteride for 6 months but can’t say I’ve noticed much difference.