Should I just give up? ( considering turkey FUE)

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I’m currently experiencing hair loss from thinning hair and my temples. I’m currently taking 15% minoxidil from Belgravia centre. I have noticed slight difference in my hairline but it’s not cost effective and would prefer thickness more then anything. If anyone can help suggest how to come off minoxidil or suggest a cheaper company, I would really be grateful. Also I have used finasteride for 6 months but can’t say I’ve noticed much difference.

Forget belgravia.. They're insanely expensive for OTC products. If you live in the UK there is a lot of different places you can find minoxidil AND finasteride. Hm I woulda hoped you woulda felt a difference in thickness/strength after 6 months but you might have to give it 3/6 months longer - I've read stories of people only starting to see improvement in year 2! I've also read stories of people swearing their hair only got worse on finasteride. This is what makes treating hairloss so stupidly stressful.. throw potential side effects into the equation and you've got a complete shitshow of a decision to make. If I was you I'd give it more time.

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Forget belgravia.. They're insanely expensive for OTC products. If you live in the UK there is a lot of different places you can find minoxidil AND finasteride. Hm I woulda hoped you woulda felt a difference in thickness/strength after 6 months but you might have to give it 3/6 months longer - I've read stories of people only starting to see improvement in year 2! I've also read stories of people swearing their hair only got worse on finasteride. This is what makes treating hairloss so stupidly stressful.. throw potential side effects into the equation and you've got a complete shitshow of a decision to make. If I was you I'd give it more time.
Any site you’d recommend? And also any derma rolling routines?

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t know I couldn’t post my concern on here? How do I start my own thread? Don’t think swearing is the correct way to address the situation.

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn’t know I couldn’t post my concern on here? How do I start my own thread? Don’t think swearing is the correct way to address the situation.
Hold on I'll find the manual on how to start new threads, it's a complex procedure I'll be right with you

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can tell you are still in your growing up faze and still haven’t learnt how to communicate properly bless you. You had your question answered just because you didn’t get the mircale answer you were looking for, isn’t my fault.

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can tell you are still in your growing up faze and still haven’t learnt how to communicate properly bless you. You had your question answered just because you didn’t get the mircale answer you were looking for, isn’t my fault.
Nah I think your to old to understand the concept of threads and how the internet works, you also seem very childlish for your age so I'll let you have the last word so that your happy but kindly stop spamming my thread afterwards

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah I think your to old to understand the concept of threads and how the internet works, you also seem very childlish for your age so I'll let you have the lastbword so that your happy but keep ndly stop spamming my thread afterward

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry for sticking my nose into this reply. But definitely dont give up. Imo your steps should be;

1. Do your best to get regrowth. Dermastamp - weekly/dermaroll daily for topical minoxidil absorption. Add oral minoxidil if you like but please research it 1st.

2. You are going to have to attempt to block dht/possibly testosterone too, so you need to take an anti-androgen. This will stop whatever you regrow from being harassed by menacing androgens. For DHT look into topical dutasteride if the sides still worry you otherwise finasteride is an obvious place to start. RU or CB might be needed if testosterone is still damaging your hair but blocking DHT should be your priority. Also PLEASE if you do decide to take any of these anti-androgens.. GET YOUR BLOOD WORK DONE 1st. You'll be so grateful you have your natural untouched hormone levels logged just incase. Also if you did decide to use topical dutasteride it would be extremely useful for a different ongoing conversation.

3. Wait. And I mean an actual substantial amount of time to maximise and see gains and at least achieve maintenance.

4. Only then consider a transplant. Plenty of people here will give their opinion when it comes to that point.

The pic I attached is where I could realistically see possible regrowth. I've honestly seen more miraculous comebacks then this so do not lose hope. (The T's stand for transplant)
+1 great advice
Nah I think your to old to understand the concept of threads and how the internet works, you also seem very childlish for your age so I'll let you have the last word so that your happy but kindly stop spamming my thread afterwards
You’re a weirdo man, people are offering you advice on this forum and you’re basically crying because someone else is trying to get a bit of info.

Saffah

My Regimen
Reaction score
+1 great advice

You’re a weirdo man, people are offering you advice on this forum and you’re basically crying because someone else is trying to get a bit of info.

+1 great advice

Why not create a seperate thread instead of spamming someone elses and changing the entire subject of the thread?

LW94

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not create a seperate thread instead of spamming someone elses and changing the entire subject of the thread?
Are we only allowed to speak about you in this thread? Aw sorry

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally someone with some common sense, Saffah obviously thinks it’s about himself bless him

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Being a Saffah he has lived hostile environments. Excuse his abrupt responses

On topic reality is the best you'd get is a diffused , thin looking head of hair which aesthetically might not be worth the effort with a transplant in Turkey

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's your attitude bro.. it just stinks. We're literally all fighting the same battle here. You coulda said what you wanted to say without looking like a prick.. but I ain't your therapist so you do you

Cbrowne

My Regimen
Reaction score

On topic reality is the best you'd get is a diffused , thin looking head of hair which aesthetically might not be worth the effort with a transplant in Turke
It's your attitude bro.. it just stinks. We're literally all fighting the same battle here. You coulda said what you wanted to say without looking like a prick.. but I ain't your therapist so you do you

On topic reality is the best you'd get is a diffused , thin looking head of hair which aesthetically might not be worth the effort with a transplant in Turkey
Could I carry using it and then if it don’t work to a standard which I’m okay with, look into transplant?

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah.. I have heard such stories too, it is not easy at all... I have jsut had some hair loss meds from online pharmacy, and I hope that it will help me. I don't think it will be great but still, we'll see

Last edited: