should i get a hairpiece?

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for replying Bango. I appreciate your advice.

so it looks like the verdict is to NOT go for a piece. Even the guys that have had them have resorted to shaving their heads (many of them).

Well, that certainly takes away some of the confusion on the appropriate couse of action.

I stopped taking the drugs because I was overseas and thought let me try not taking it and see if there is a difference. Well, I think there has been a moderate increase in hairloss at this point.

Last month, I posted the following topic: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

I thought my hairloss was getting better, because my hair was shiny and THICK, very thick.

I don't get it. I was off the drugs for like 3 months or something, and then at the end of that period, my hair was uber thick. Then, its starts falling out again.

I can't make sense of this hairloss situation. I am not 100% convinced still, even after 4 years that the drugs make an improvement or not. it is very confusing. Some people say that to take drugs today, would result in a change 4 MONTHS from now. well, do you think that since i stoped takeing drugs about 4 months ago, i am losing my hair now due to that?

one thing that is CLEARLY evident is that my hairs that fall out when i brush my hair has increased -- however ppl on this board seem to say that that has nothing to do with hairloss because it is the shinking of the follicle, not the falling out of hair follicles that results in hairloss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of you say i should consider a hair transplant. I talked to dr. woods and damn is it expensive. If I post some pics on here do you guys think you can help me decide how many grafts I would need?

and does NHI do a good job on FUE? cuz they have a place right in Dallas. The work of Hasson and Wong of Vancouver, CA, seems good, but they do strip encision. I don't want that, I want fue only i think. hey this dr. gho hair multiplication thing seems phony. i remember last year they were talking about that -- no progress from what i can tell as of yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

btw, the drugs i have been on:

folligen
lee's 5% spironolactone
1/4 finast
nizoral 1%
I'm thinking of getting back on lees 5% minoxidil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for the bundled and jumbled questions in this long post. please read it tho.

thanks.