Should I do height surgery?

B

Beingbaldsucks

Not only that I'm balding I'm also 1.72 and it sucks my dad is 1.82 and I figured out that if your bald then at least be tall. I just fear this will f*** up my legs and I wholdent be able to run and doing sports after that

s.a.f

Reaction score
HPM is 1.63
OP is the same size as me 1.73 is just under 5'9" if he really belives thats short enough to warrant such drastic surgery he needs therapy.

B

Beingbaldsucks

s.a.f said:
HPM is 1.63
OP is the same size as me 1.73 is just under 5'9" if he really belives thats short enough to warrant such drastic surgery he needs therapy.
That height is not problematic alone but with baldness it's a dissaster

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
HPM is 1.63

Not to say that a reputable doctor wont do height surgery for a 5.9 dude.

seb

Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
seb said:
If it will make you feel more comfortable within yourself,do it.
I fear it will screw up my legs

Then don't do it...your overall health is more important than a few extra inches on height.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
Aside from the fact that a 172cm tall person doesn't need a procedure as extreme as this, doesn't it also depend on one's body build? I mean, tall people don't just have longer legs and everything else the same as short people, do they? Unlike in females, I don't think a bigger leg length to body height ratio is considered attractive in males.

s.a.f

Reaction score

cuebald

Reaction score
can anyone please explain to me what this height surgery is? I've heard a few people here recently talking about it (well, HPM)
Is it where they break your legs, stretch you an inch, then wait for it to heal? is it true you must be in hospital while it heals for like 3 months?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thats pretty much it, you have to have an apparatus screwed into your legs that stretches the legs as the bone heals. You are bed bound for 6months. You'd have to be pretty desperate/psychologically messed up to do it. :shock:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
cuebald said:
can anyone please explain to me what this height surgery is? I've heard a few people here recently talking about it (well, HPM)
Is it where they break your legs, stretch you an inch, then wait for it to heal? is it true you must be in hospital while it heals for like 3 months?

They break bones.
And keep stretching the bones daily, so that the bones do not join, but keep trying to join for 6(?) months.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ouch :shock:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... sch&itbs=1

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Maystor said:
Is is safe to say the procedure isn't entirely painless? :shock:

Considering that they keep the patient in a state of fracture for months, I'd say so...

B

Beingbaldsucks

I decided to wear high shoes, I'm in the army and everytime I'm on the army shoes I'm 3 centimeters taller.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
I decided to wear high shoes, I'm in the army and everytime I'm on the army shoes I'm 3 meters taller.

Do people scream and run when they see you? :woot:

B

Beingbaldsucks

CaptainForehead said:
Beingbaldsucks said:
I decided to wear high shoes, I'm in the army and everytime I'm on the army shoes I'm 3 meters taller.

Do people scream and run when they see you? :woot:
Sorry I meant cantimeters