Shoe attack

s.a.f

Reaction score
Did you see that guy throw his shoes at Bush? Crazy!!!
Although I must say Bush has some good reactions for an old dude.[youtube:1qxxhcya]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0H9JcHmIic&NR=1[/youtube:1qxxhcya]

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah and this is a size 10! haha... Will see if Obama can dock bullets next year??

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Lucky_UK said:
I wonder if he asked for his shoes back?

They are in Baghdad, they always walk with no shoes on!

The Gardener

Reaction score
LOL.... I must say, Bush takes the award for best presidential vid clips! He's had some classics....

His spontaneous dancing in Tblisi.

More spontaneous dancing in Ghana, then he started playing the drums.

The press conference in China where he tried to exit through the locked door... the look on his face was priceless

The Red Sox visit to the White House, where Bush quipped that Manny Ramirez was missing perhaps because his
grandmother died again... lol.. that was classic.

His falling off of the segway scooter.

Giving a surprised Angela Merkel an unwelcome shoulder massage.....

I know there have got to be a ton of others that I can't think of now. Someone should put together a montage of Bush classics... he certainly was quite a character. The Tblisi dancing was my favorite.... made me laugh out loud.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This'll keep the comedy writers, (Leno, Letterman, Conan ....) going for weeks.

ali777

Reaction score
Most of the news agencies report that the reporter in question is as good as dead. They fear for his life. I think a death sentence is a bit extreme. Apparently most of the Iraqies are asking for his release.

I’m not sure if you are aware but throwing a shoe in the Arabic culture is apparently one of the biggest insults to one’s opponent, a bit like giving the V sign in the west. You might remember the images of toppling Saddam’s statue, there were some Iraqies there hitting the toppled statue with shoes.

There is an interesting article in today’s The Times. The article says that for an insult to be effective, ie hit home, it must be translated into the victim’s culture. Basically, Bush will just see it as an attack and not an insult.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
This'll keep the comedy writers, (Leno, Letterman, Conan ....) going for weeks.

AHAHAH yep!

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
speakinng of "W" greatest hits......

didnt he vomit all over the place while at a formal dinner on a visit to Japan?

that touchy feely moment with Angela Merkel was out of this world crazy.... it was at a big summit (G8 maybe?)...while Merkel was at a table with other European prime ministers and presidents having a chat in front of camaras and reporters ....and here comes Bush jr. from the back and starts rubing her back and neck.....u can see Angela Merkels face of disbelief-surprise-embarasement-terror-WTF?!...... beutiful.

s.a.f

Reaction score
patagonia said:
speakinng of "W" greatest hits......

didnt he vomit all over the place while at a formal dinner on a visit to Japan?

That was Bush snr.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
ahh right, it was the george#1...

Jr. toped his dad on the bloopers and odd-funny moments by far...with gems like the "drums and dance" or "german massage"

The Gardener

Reaction score
"The German Massage"... lol
"Drums and Dance"
"The Locked Door"
"The Tblisi Hip Shake"

and more...

"The dirt biking accident, and forehead contusion"
"The ob/gyn's giving their love to women"
"Yo Blair!"
"Wanted, Dead or Alive"
"The pretzel choke"

Petchsky

Reaction score
What was the event where Bush was giving a speech at some black tie event for the 'fabulously wealthy' and it was leaked on the internet, Bush came out with some real pearls that really showed his privileged we're better than everybody else attitude.

Anyone have a clue what i'm talking about?

s.a.f

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
"The German Massage"... lol
"Drums and Dance"
"The Locked Door"
"The Tblisi Hip Shake"

and more...

"The dirt biking accident, and forehead contusion"
"The ob/gyn's giving their love to women"
"Yo Blair!"
"Wanted, Dead or Alive"
"The pretzel choke"

We'll fight terrorists wherever they may be ...... Now watch this drive.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
We have to admit that Bush is not a chicken.. After all that mess (war)..going back there (Baghdad) is like being a Kamikaze or having suicidal tendencies.. Mad props for him! LOL

CCS

Reaction score
Bush should have pardoned the guy on the spot, telling everyone to let him go. That would have earned him major kudos in Iraq.

CCS

Reaction score
I watched W. last night in the theator. They must have been exagerating. They made Dick out to be the bad guy, Bush the stupid enabler, and Colin the rational but underpowered bistandard to the whole Iraq mess.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
We have to admit that Bush is not a chicken.. After all that mess (war)..going back there (Baghdad) is like being a Kamikaze or having suicidal tendencies.. Mad props for him! LOL
He is a chicken hawk,not a chicken.When it was his time to serve he was chicken,now 30 years later he is a hawk.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
What was the event where Bush was giving a speech at some black tie event for the 'fabulously wealthy' and it was leaked on the internet, Bush came out with some real pearls that really showed his privileged we're better than everybody else attitude.

Anyone have a clue what i'm talking about?
I do remember that.

He was at some dinner of high income folks, and in talking about the electorate, he said something to the effect of saying other people call them names, but he calls them "his base", meaning his electoral base.

Another Bush foible... his issues with umbrellas:
xinsrc_4806010211023131306218.jpg
bush.jpg

putin-bush-umbrella.jpg