Shiseido Hair Loss Clinical Trial To Begin

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The vast majority of men who have just started balding will be fine and keep their hair long enough until something better comes along if they get on "the big 3" today.

. . . assuming they started visibly balding as full grown adults, and assuming they don't get side effects from the drugs.

I was past Norwood#2 headed for Norwood#3, with some loss of density on top, by the time I turned 18yo. I don't have a very severe case of hair loss in the big picture. Just an early-hitting one.

The drugs do have side effect problems for many users. Deal with it. Maybe the problems don't affect you but that does not mean it works that way for everyone else.

There are fully-haired people who wonder why people like us are taking such bad care of ourselves that we are going bald at young ages. After all, they don't have the problem, right?

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why are people upset they're releasing more results from the first trial? that's a damn good sign in my opinion, that indicates that the results are permanent! Also how could they have even been from their current trial, it hasn't even been 6 months since they've started.

Also were the hell are people getting that this is a "maintenance" treatment? that has never been stated by replicel or shiseido, it returns damaged follicles back to healthy function which means improvement.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The drugs do have side effect problems for many users. Deal with it. Maybe the problems don't affect you but that does not mean it works that way for everyone else.

Most of those users are hypochondriacs, sizeable majority never even try the drug because of what they read on the internet and a minority of them are legitimate and unfortunate cases.

My point stands as ever: Your present options are to either try finasteride or go bald while wasting away what's left of your youth, praying that the future fulfills its promise.

If you cannot or will not take finasteride and the future doesn't pan out, then you must live with the outcome.

Deal with it.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of those users are hypochondriacs, sizeable majority never even try the drug because of what they read on the internet and a minority of them are legitimate and unfortunate cases.

My point stands as ever: Your present options are to either try finasteride or go bald while wasting away what's left of your youth, praying that the future fulfills its promise.

If you cannot or will not take finasteride and the future doesn't pan out, then you must live with the outcome.

Deal with it.

"The existing options are crap. But there are no better ones. Therefore the existing options must not be crap after all." <-- Is this how your logic works?

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Deal with it.
always need a guy like u. The realistic one
finasteride does work but has major sides and minor sides too. i experienced minor ones as of now thus thinking of the lower dosage now
i just had eyebrow thinning which was not that visible but a bit annoying. Apart from this i experienced nothing (yea lower sexual urge but so what?)
But gotta tell u i was studying yesterday when i found a thick hair well pigmented long one unlike the ones i am used too.
finasteride has something to do with it.
if u have sides just lower the dosage but if u continue having those things then u can stop it
But u can give it a try atleast.
I was off finasteride two weeks eyebrows were looking normal again and sexual urge is also back.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The existing options are crap. But there are no better ones. Therefore the existing options must not be crap after all." <-- Is this how your logic works?

"The existing options that are proven to work sometimes have bad side effects for a minority of people; therefore, it's better to just do nothing."

That is your logic.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The existing options that are proven to work sometimes have bad side effects for a minority of people; therefore, it's better to just do nothing."

That is your logic.
but u know what @coolio's logic is the worst one i ever heard of.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
that's the problem with our society,
if they don't give information and update us and go silent ( just like histogen) then they are scams.
if they do give information ( tho the info was just about release of their results ) then also they are scams.
Kindly tell me who are not scams in your theory ?
In what way can you give definite proof that Histogen is a scam? They announced deals with partners in Mexico and China that will run trials and cover out of their own pockets. They released the up close pictures showing increase of hair count.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In what way can you give definite proof that Histogen is a scam? They announced deals with partners in Mexico and China that will run trials and cover out of their own pockets. They released the up close pictures showing increase of hair count.
u duckhead
i am supporting replicel and histogen all the same
it was a way of asking K01.
read all the previous convo u will understand.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That is your logic.

Learn the difference between criticizing something and saying it's better to do nothing.

If your country elects a corrupt a**hole into power, do you tell people, "Shut up and be glad we have a new ruler! Would you rather live in anarchy?"

Don't tell me finasteride isn't a crappy option. You don't get to do that after spending so much time on a forum like this devouring every little scrap of info about better prospects.

I would love to use Finasteride. Not because it's a decent option but because it's the only one we have. The problem is that I, along with probably half the guys who try it, have side effect issues.

You will put me in the category with the finasteride loonies now. Because this is a hair loss forum. It's the only place on earth where tons of normal people can take an androgen-blocking drug, get symptoms of blocked androgens, and then be called hypochondriacs.

Last edited:

luiza

Established Member
Reaction score
It's the only place on earth where tons of normal people can take an androgen-blocking drug, get symptoms of blocked androgens, and then be called hypochondriacs.

I have to agree with this.
I suffer from anxiety and depression and every time I take Finasteride nonstop for more than 2 weeks my anxiety becomes 100 times worse.
This is not even a listed side effect but I'm sure I'm not just imagining things.
I'm a woman though, so it does not really help me much anyway.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with this.
I suffer from anxiety and depression and every time I take Finasteride nonstop for more than 2 weeks my anxiety becomes 100 times worse.
This is not even a listed side effect but I'm sure I'm not just imagining things.
I'm a woman though, so it does not really help me much anyway.
I don't think women are supposed to touch the stuff (literally), nevermind ingest it.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Learn the difference between criticizing something and saying it's better to do nothing.

Don't twist my words to begin with, then.

Don't tell me finasteride isn't a crappy option. You don't get to do that after spending so much time on a forum like this devouring every little scrap of info about better prospects.

Its efficacy is high and it's side effect rates are low. Maybe not as low as once originally thought, but there are TONS of men who have maintained their hair for over a decade by using it. It's not a "crappy" option for many, but not necessarily the desirable one.

The problem is that I, along with probably half the guys who try it, have side effect issues.

If "half" the guys who tried it really got bad side effects, the drug would no longer be on the market.

You will put me in the category with the finasteride loonies now. Because this is a hair loss forum. It's the only place on earth where tons of normal people can take an androgen-blocking drug, get symptoms of blocked androgens, and then be called hypochondriacs.

There was a guy on here a while back complaining about just crippling ED a whole 8 minutes after taking his first pill.

Some members on here who claim to have PFS are unable to keep their stories straight; it's uncertain whether they have PFS at all.

People who started using Minoxidil in their 20s, who are now in their 30s are complaining that Minoxidil aged them...

A lot of men complaining of ED also, by their own admission, are p**rn addicts.

A whole swath of people online complain about side effects of finasteride and minoxidil that are not even documented side effects reported in any trial ever of the medications.

A sizeable number go for tests and everything comes back normal. Could be that they're looking in the wrong places, could be that it really is in their heads.

Many people opt not to even try it because of the sh*t on the internet

Yes, the side effects are real and do happen to some people. No, I don't want to take finasteride because I don't like the POSSIBILITY of side effects.

That doesn't mean it's not something men with hairloss shouldn't try. Gone said that everyone's hair will be gone by the time maintenance options exist. I have excellent news: An effective maintenance option already exists.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't twist my words to begin with, then.

You said: The existing options that are proven to work sometimes have bad side effects for a minority of people; therefore, it's better to just do nothing. That is your logic.

Its efficacy is high and it's side effect rates are low. Maybe not as low as once originally thought, but there are TONS of men who have maintained their hair for over a decade by using it. It's not a "crappy" option for many, but not necessarily the desirable one.

Okay I'll grant you that. If you frame it as only a maintenance option then it's decent - for those without sides.

There was a guy on here a while back complaining about just crippling ED a whole 8 minutes after taking his first pill.

Some members on here who claim to have PFS are unable to keep their stories straight; it's uncertain whether they have PFS at all.

People who started using Minoxidil in their 20s, who are now in their 30s are complaining that Minoxidil aged them...

A lot of men complaining of ED also, by their own admission, are p*rn addicts.

A sizeable number go for tests and everything comes back normal. Could be that they're looking in the wrong places, could be that it really is in their heads.

None of that is me, and there are many other guys it does not apply to either.

A whole swath of people online complain about side effects of finasteride and minoxidil that are not even documented side effects reported in any trial ever of the medications.

It makes me laugh when people argue that since a side effect wasn't noted in any of the original finasteride/minoxidil trials then it must be imagined.

Use your head. A drug like Finasteride has a certain method of action. It shifts the hormone profile a certain way. That means it's reasonable to suspect it could cause all the side effects of that hormonal change, not just the ones that the drug maker was willing to admit.

The fact that the drug maker wouldn't even admit many of the known, common side effects just tells you how trustworthy their info is. They are basically selling alcohol, warning of drowsiness & lowered inhibitions, but calling buyers crazy for reporting motor skill impairment.

Last edited:

br1

Reaction score
Could you guys take this off-topic discussion somewhere else?

I am really hoping for Shiseido and the Replicel science behind it, and it's very frustrating to check the forum and see the thread has been bumped up, get a little excited, just to find out it's just people discussing finasteride sides..

thank you

Janks16

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
always need a guy like u. The realistic one
finasteride does work but has major sides and minor sides too. i experienced minor ones as of now thus thinking of the lower dosage now
i just had eyebrow thinning which was not that visible but a bit annoying. Apart from this i experienced nothing (yea lower sexual urge but so what?).

Thinning eyebrows is often a side-effect of a Thyroid Issue. Also, as many people age, their body doesn't get enough or make enough Iodine. I lost about 75% of my eyebrows, and my doctor suggested that I go to the health store and pick up an Iodine supplement. I chose a product at Whole Foods called "Thyroid Complete" and I got a significant amount of eyebrow growth. I also rubbed Minoxidil on my eyebrows. Still do.

In all, I got about 80% of my eyebrows back. A lot of my friends were initially asking me why I was shaving my eyebrows, so I'm glad I got them back.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning eyebrows is often a side-effect of a Thyroid Issue. Also, as many people age, their body doesn't get enough or make enough Iodine. I lost about 75% of my eyebrows, and my doctor suggested that I go to the health store and pick up an Iodine supplement. I chose a product at Whole Foods called "Thyroid Complete" and I got a significant amount of eyebrow growth. I also rubbed Minoxidil on my eyebrows. Still do.

In all, I got about 80% of my eyebrows back. A lot of my friends were initially asking me why I was shaving my eyebrows, so I'm glad I got them back.

did your eyebrows start thinning after you started propecia? Mine started thinning after I started on finasteride

I got blood tests done last week and I find out if I have a thyroid issue tomorrow. If it's not a thyroid issue I was thinking about using latisse to grow back my eyebrows. did you get a eyebrow shedding phase when you started rubbing min on them?

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to understand when you write with the grammar of a 2nd grader
really mr. grammar
but now u do understand what i meant to say so shut up with your " Hard to understand..........blah blah blah 2nd grader."
u made a lame excuse to cover your ***.

Captain Rex

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

hey, it's not thyroid issue that's for sure.
i was off finasteride and my eyebrows are back to normal again so it has to be finasteride.
now i started with a low dose and the good thing is it's not thinning anymore.
i'll check on that iodine supplement.
thanx for the advice.