Shiseido claims to have found a cure for baldness, available from 2018

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's the sad thing though, companies have no incentive to research cures as treatments are much, much more profitable, and drug companies are businesses after all. Subscription>One-Off

why is there always someone that brings up this conspiracy sh!t in every thread....
even if what shiseido claims is the "cure", works, it wont be a one time injection that sprouts a nw1 on a cueball. Most likely it willl be a regular treatment which means much more $$$ than finasteride

resu

Reaction score
A cure would also get insane publicity all around the world which would be quickly licensed. There's also not a shortage of balding people and with androgenic alopecia it's never going to stop unless gene therapy is done on the patient.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sorry revitalize, he is pretty right about this one.

It's a conspiracy theory because the people touting it simplify and in their simple minds assume "big pharma" is one entity. That's the big mistake which makes the whole conspiracy theory fail. If there was only one entity being big pharma, then no, they wouldn't have any incentive to ruin their business. But that's not the case, there are many parties in pharma.

If one company has a treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia out and that same company were to discover a full-blown cure, then they'd have an interest in keeping it secret, yes. But there is not one "big pharma company", there are many. And all the other companies (except for Merck) have a huge incentive to come up with something. And as procecia's/finasteride's patent protection ran out, actually even Merck has a huge incentive as many other companies now steal slices of Merck's cake.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont think losing hair as you age is a for sure thing. There are older men that are like 40+ with absolutely zero hair loss which makes me think its not aging. You dont lose hair to age you lose it to unknown factors not understood, but there are processes controlling it. Something from aging happens to everyone equally you cant escape it.

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
nr1x0AW.png

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
If this is actually working (and obviously I mean - working in a cosmetically significant manner) I guess we'll be finally meeting each other in Japan in 2018 :)
until then - lets work our asses off to pay for all this ****.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is actually working (and obviously I mean - working in a cosmetically significant manner) I guess we'll be finally meeting each other in Japan in 2018 :)
until then - lets work our asses off to pay for all this ****.

I'm down for celebratory drinks.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What strikes me as curious though is how much RepliCel is behind in their own RCH-01 trial schedule. They were planning to start at the beginning of Q4 2014. Its Q3 2015 now and still no news.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make no mistake if it's a real treatment I'll be in Japan first thing!

Stopping further loss will be a HUGE deal on its own. Many of us would qualify for a hair transplant without a problem.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that there are many big pharma companies competing against each other (Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Merck etc) but they all have the same business goal, to make as much money as possible. So treatment is the only goal, not a cure from a business point of view.

You have no sense of logic. There already exists treatment in the form of finasteride/dutasteride etc. pharmaceutical companies will stand to make a lot more if they can release a product that is far and away better than anything in the market rather than something that is just marginally better than what has been available for 20 years.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
There is no such thing as false hope my friend. There is only the day when we here see profuse stubble protruding from our naked domes once more.