Shedding tiny hairs

dem

Established Member
Reaction score
i don't get it myself. things were good on dutas and minoxidil then all of the sudden, smaller, tiny dark hairs started to go. hmmm.. Has this shedding played a noticeable role in density?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
dem said:
i don't get it myself. things were good on dutas and minoxidil then all of the sudden, smaller, tiny dark hairs started to go. hmmm.. Has this shedding played a noticeable role in density?

Well, it could be argued that since they are tiny hairs, they were not around for a long time, plus are not long enough to help much with density (though they still would count).

However, when the long hairs fall out (at their natural pace) plus the tiny (shedding) ones which would grow to replace the fallen out ones... it probably starts to add up.

It still does not make sense to me, why are brand new tiny dark hairs being discarded? (they are not in a resting phase, they just started their 3 year approx growth phase)

Webster

Reaction score
Just another datapoint, I have shed some of those "eyelash" hairs also. Not a lot but I have noticed them. I havent shed any longer hairs so I assume this is a good sign.