Shedding Recovery Without Minoxidil

jesuscadiz10

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that in the prospectus of minoxidil says that when you stop using it to the months you return to the initial state before using it. but I want to know the experiences of the users to know how it was. For example, I had never had hair loss before and I started to use it on my beard for two months, I noticed that I was losing a lot of hair, I left it and in the weeks it started an effluvium on my head and the whole body that I have not recovered . if the eyebrows, legs, etc. are not affected by the dht why do not they grow back?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
ALL the hair on your body is affected by DHT, the only difference with body hair compared to scalp hair is that body hair thrives on DHT while scalp hair is suppressed by it. minoxidil works in a different way to finasteride and does not affect DHT. I'm not sure why you're not regrowing your body hair but it should return eventually. How long have you been off minoxidil?

jesuscadiz10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for answering. I have all the correct analyzes, I have already gone to several dermatologists and endocrinologists and I have not found any cause, I think it would be too coincidental that in 22 years never before the minoxidil had been used with the hair and weeks later applying it on the beard itself. I think it was systematically absorbed and created an effluvium in all the hair of my body and head, but the question is, why do not my hair fall out again? The only hope I see is that my body adapts to its normal hair cycles and my hair grows back normally, but after a year I have little hope

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for answering. I have all the correct analyzes, I have already gone to several dermatologists and endocrinologists and I have not found any cause, I think it would be too coincidental that in 22 years never before the minoxidil had been used with the hair and weeks later applying it on the beard itself. I think it was systematically absorbed and created an effluvium in all the hair of my body and head, but the question is, why do not my hair fall out again? The only hope I see is that my body adapts to its normal hair cycles and my hair grows back normally, but after a year I have little hope
Minoxidil ruined my hair growth cycle. I go through periods of regrowth for maybe 3 months out of the year. The rest of the time my hair doesn’t grow, and I mean the hair all over my body. I hope you recover soon.

jesuscadiz10

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm sorry men and thanks for answering. are you on minoxidil yet or you stopped it? if you stopped when you used it for the last time? i'm sorry for my english

Reactions: Oro

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil changed my hair color from dark brown to nearly black

thats interesting. ive seen this phenomenon only mentioned once or twice in the few years ive been reading this board. but it does happen, its kept my hair from getting a lot greyer than it is

Greg64

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello how long you shedding after stop minoxidil i have same problem . I use 3 days for beard never have lose hair from my head . I stop december 17 its still shedding ..:(