Shaving Body Hair

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK...I am getting really hairy nowadays. I think DHT is increasing the body hair. Thats said I have never shaved any part of my body ( except my face ) ever. Now I wanna do that. I am working out and all the hair does not do justice...I am worried about two things

1. After you shave once the hair comes out more faster and thicker.
2. Shaving will cause cuts which will make it very difficult to do anything because of avoiding sweat.

How do you guys shave? Do you shave or just do a buzz.
Which one is better ?

Thanks

bodysnatcher

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
OK...I am getting really hairy nowadays. I think DHT is increasing the body hair. Thats said I have never shaved any part of my body ( except my face ) ever. Now I wanna do that. I am working out and all the hair does not do justice...I am worried about two things

1. After you shave once the hair comes out more faster and thicker.
2. Shaving will cause cuts which will make it very difficult to do anything because of avoiding sweat.

How do you guys shave? Do you shave or just do a buzz.
Which one is better ?

Thanks

I Also belive that DHT increases body hair (thats my experience anyway) although many people here claim to have little or no body hair so the theory isn't absolute

1. Shaving hair does not make it grow thicker (If it did we would all have haircuts every day) when you cut a hair the end of the hair appears thicker because the end has not tapered into a thin point yet (the shaft of the hair is thicker than the tip) so it can appear thicker.

Shaving your hair will not make it grow faster. It only appears to grow faster because the hairs are shorter so the growth is more noticable.

2. Use an electric shaver or barber clippers with a guard, if you shave it with a razor and sweat in the following 12 hours you will probably get red spots or a rash.

I trim my chest hair with barber clippers once a month with a 0.5 grade. no problems

P.S After using propecia for 2 years my body arm and leg hair has significantly decreased

shh5455

Established Member
Reaction score
I have kind of a hairy chest. I tried sugaring it once... bad idea! very painful. Tried dipilatory creams, didn't work so well. I tried shaving. Worked well but stubble would quickly come back and get ingrown. Now I just compromised and trim it very short with clippers. It looks pretty decent but it a little prickly.