Shaved my Head -- then started Propecia - 3 Month Update

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Shaved my Head -- then started Propecia - PICS added pg 2

you're right. I am grateful w/ the slow progression. A lot of people didn't notice it. Like I said -- I'd be happy maintaining for another 5 years. At that point I can start using minoxidil, or whatever else is available then to offset diminishing marginal returns.

BlahBlah12

Established Member
Reaction score

threats77 said:
yer hairloss doesnt seem bad..id trade spots with you in a heartbeat!!

ps
to the guy talking bout watery jizz...are you sure yer not shooting it on yer own hair from all the internet p**rn you watching? hahah jk
ha, these days yes. but back when i was a good looking guy with all the confidence in the world....well that was another story.
i guess i can handle going back to being confident at the expense of shooting across a room. lifes about sacrifices eh? :(

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

I might be experiencing my first shed -- I've been looking at the nizoral foam when using it and until today I never noticed any hairs. Well, today I did noticed a lot of black specs in there, shorter hair -- even shorter than my number 1 burr cut right now.

Today is the 4 week mark.

I picked up some MSM from the grocery store today as well. I should also mention that I take a multi vitamin daily.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

This isn't very good for comparison because I buzzed my hair even to a #1 on Sunday. I need to figure out how to get some higher resolution as well. Not much loss shows because of the short hair (diffuse on top and crown)

DSC01173.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/ ... C01178.jpg
DSC01178.jpg

DSC01174.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/mcohan/DSC01174.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Your hair looks great. How old are you ? If you are having any sides from the propecia try 1/2 mg day. I don't see any hair loss on you so even .25 mg/day would supress enough DHT for now

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

27, I was first made aware of my thinning by a hair stylist over 4 years ago, so it's been very very slow. both of my grandfathers, have/had hair, but bald spots. dad is slightly balding at 53.

Unfortunately I don't have any before pics that would show the thinning w/ the hairstyle i normally have. I realized it under a skylight with a hand mirror -- so I caught it early. I acted quick, and shaved my head just to see how it'd look.

I didn't get any sides, so I think it's worth the cost for maintenance alone. just want to keep it in good shape. I am fortunate.

here I am two years ago, how I normally would like to style it for the foreseeable future--

moms50th.jpg

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Just remember the jury is still out on how long propecia is effective for so if you use .25 mg /day now you may be able to increase the dose later in life when you need it more.

I thought you reported a decreased libido a couple weeks ago

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, I thought finasteride wasn't necessarily dose specific?? If I did mention lower libido it was only for a day or 2. I definitely said it's more watery, but I couldn't care less about that...

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score

fromchicago said:
Well, I thought finasteride wasn't necessarily dose specific?? If I did mention lower libido it was only for a day or 2. I definitely said it's more watery, but I couldn't care less about that...

Just remember I'm almost 40 and don't have any sides from Propecia, at age 27 you shouldn't have any sexual issues either. Even if they don't seem that bad now it's because you are young. If I was you I would go with the lowest dose possible as all you are really looking for is to hault your loss as you have plenty of hair

Fanjeera

Reaction score

I'm going to do the same when I hit 18.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm jealous of that hairline. I wish I was one of the diffuse thinners.

Cute sister BTW :ididit:

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score

i think yer head looks fine from the new pics..but hopefully with the meds it will help you maintain what you got like you said!

im gonna be honest...i use to shave my head everyday since i was 14..so when i noticed thinning when i was 21 or so..it ddidnt really bother me cuz i was use to shaving my head everyday..and whats weird is..i think i look better with hair..but every girl thats known me said i looked better with a shaved head..i do admit i have a really good head shape...and i use to never worry bout my thinning hair back than..now im a diffuse thinner..no where like u tho..i wish i was like u..haha..and i sometimes think wow its just hair...i honestly got better woman when i had a shaved head...weird..im sure ill end up shaving my head again sooner or later..btw..im 25

ps
i know i said it a few times but id love to have yer head of hair as would others here...hahaha

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

appreciate the positive comments -- just a quick up date: Day 34

I swear on day 28 or so I had all these tiny little hairs shed, but it was only for that single day. They were all over the nizoral foam. Hair is looking decent, but as it's getting longer the thinning crown gets more obvious - might try to buzz everything to a #2 to even things out. Taking MSM now. Regimen button is updated.

DSC01182.jpg

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

Today is the first day of week 6 -- this morning I noticed 2 shoots of blondish hair shooting out on one of my temples -- shooting farther than the other hairs... not sure what to make of this yet. Is it possible to be seeing ANYTHING this early on? perhaps coincidence...

-------------

[edited in]--

Not sure I've seen this in a long while -- I just got out of the shower, beads and beads of water were sitting on my hair. The hair is a lot more buoyant than I can ever remember. perhaps this is psychological,.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

Day 38

Nothing much to report. Hair has a nice spring to it, My hair on top isn't laying down flat yet, just boinging straight up. I'll get some coverage when it falls, but I think the nizoral keeps it real fluffy, so i might cut that down to every other day, yet it makes my head feel real healthy.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

Day 40

mom said hair looked darker (first time I'd seen her in a week or so), but she loves me

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

Well, day 44, I realize the problem is going to be one of comparison. I really haven't had hair this length (#2 basically), since I was a kid. Hair feels healthy though. I'll update w/ pics around 60-day mark. thanks.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

appreciate it. I will say that my hair looks GREAT wet at this length -- something about how the water beads up on the perky tips of the hair -- i don't recall my hair having this type of life in it. hair looks darker too, wet or dry.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

Day 49 -- All is well. No visible shedding. Laid off the MSM for a while because I had a lady friend in town and I think it was giving me gas :jump:

Anyway, confidence is up... Haven't worn a hat in a week.