Shaved my facial hair and now I'm depressed

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I felt that my facial hair was too thick and wild, it bothered me but instead of a slight trim I buzzed it all off.

I forgot how much worse I look without it and now I feel bad. It happens every time I shave my beard, which is once a year or so.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happens when I do a drastic change to my look. Either clothes or hair (barber fucked up and I went complete bald on the sides and long on top emo style). I hated it at first but like every change the look grew on me and I started to enjoy it. Play with the look for a while and youll find the sweet spot. Besides, rocking a 5'o clock shadow is pretty badass (I cant even grow facial hair). A change of pace is always nice. Gets you experimenting and stuff. Same is often boring :)

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happens when I do a drastic change to my look. Either clothes or hair (barber fucked up and I went complete bald on the sides and long on top emo style). I hated it at first but like every change the look grew on me and I started to enjoy it. Play with the look for a while and youll find the sweet spot. Besides, rocking a 5'o clock shadow is pretty badass (I cant even grow facial hair). A change of pace is always nice. Gets you experimenting and stuff. Same is often boring :)
I know my sweet spot, every time I go lower than that I'm like "who is this guy" lol it grows back in a couple weeks and then I snap out of it, but right now it's a funny feeling and not in a good way

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know my sweet spot, every time I go lower than that I'm like "who is this guy" lol it grows back in a couple weeks and then I snap out of it, but right now it's a funny feeling and not in a good way
Double life? Crime syndicate boss doing monthly assassination jobs while being a 9-to-5 average joe? Universe blessed you with this ability for a reason. Something to think about. Or maybe ive just exposed you hmmm.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I shave my beard and zero guard my head. I won't look good whatever style I use so I go with what I prefer (clean shaven and haircut that allows easy application of treatments). A few months ago I felt like growing out the horseshoe and I did so. What a bald guy might get wrong is actually trying to look good in the first place. It isn't possible, so just go with whatever style you feel like.

So look on the bright side and understand that facial hair, unlike head hair in the NW6 area, grows back. If I could be one of those guys who can't grow any beard but has NW1 for life, I'd gladly take it. Having a beard or not isn't a big positive either way.

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wish I could grow proper facial hair, this minoxidil and dermarolling better work goddamnit.

Which just adds to my fear of baldness, Jesus Christ I'm gonna look like a mutant

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't stand facial hair, doesn't suit me and ages me 10 years. Clean shaven for me, but if you suit it and it improves your appearance then go for it.

Last edited:

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all the dumb threads in here, this is the one that provoked an emotional reaction in you for some reason. Interesting and very telling..
Yeah I was gonna say. this is one of the least retarded threads that’s been on here for a while, so no idea why someone would respond negatively to it when there are so many others that probably deserve some hate

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I was gonna say. this is one of the least retarded threads that’s been on here for a while, so no idea why someone would respond negatively to it when there are so many others that probably deserve some hate
I genuinely felt depressed and wanted to vent, it would've been nicer to have some empathy. It's common that men who usually rock a beard feel down when they shave it off - a quick Google search will confirm this. Not to mention wives who get shocked and literally cry when their husband suddenly shows up clean shaved.

That user has criticized my content and attacked me before lol, I don't understand what he has against me and more importantly, why he doesn't keep the same energy for other users. Are repetitive double-digit IQ "blackpill" incel threads more relatable to the fella?

@disfiguredyoungman I've told you before that I'm not here to entertain you and cater to your personal taste. I don't want to see this pattern from you again. Get rid of your toxicity for good.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I genuinely felt depressed and wanted to vent, it would've been nicer to have some empathy. It's common that men who usually rock a beard feel down when they shave it off - a quick Google search will confirm this. Not to mention wives who get shocked and literally cry when their husband suddenly shows up clean shaved.

That user has criticized my content and attacked me before lol, I don't understand what he has against me and more importantly, why he doesn't keep the same energy for other users. Are repetitive double-digit IQ "blackpill" incel threads more relatable to the fella?

@disfiguredyoungman I've told you before that I'm not here to entertain you and cater to your personal taste. I don't want to see this pattern from you again. Get rid of your toxicity for good.
The purpose of this section was originally to vent lol so that’s your right. unfortunately it’s been taken over by the “incel and looksmax community” so a lot of was is posted is nonsense.

Is it possible that maybe the guy is jealous that you fixed your hairloss?.....

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yes when I used to screw up trimming my beard and having to shave it all off I got pretty down about it for days. Most guys with beards are pretty particular when it comes to their facial hair

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer how I look with facial hair (Always been a fan of facial hair, especially handlebars) but it makes me look 5 or 6 years older, whereas I look 2 or 3 years younger if I'm clean shaven. I'm currently wondering whether to go back to clean shaven in a couple months or stay with my current look.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
how long does it take to grow back? shouldnt be that long... though if you really only shave once a year, i guess it takes 12 month^^

actually the most beard that people at normal companies are allowed here is moustache^^ so like they allow the actual worst style (and you even got to ask your boss for permission)...

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
With all the dumb threads in here, this is the one that provoked an emotional reaction in you for some reason. Interesting and very telling..
This is not my first sarcastic comment in this section. By a long shot.
But it's easier to empathize with people who have a verbal diarrhea and need to vent, than with someone who makes a blog post about the emotional equivalent of stubbing his toe on the bed.

But to each his own. I didn't report this thread or anything, go on posting and I will go on testifying from time to time, that I feel a bit bored by it. No biggie for either one of us.