Shampooing

Actb4NW6

Reaction score
ive just recently ordered the big 3 and cant wait to start on them....the q i wanted to ask is,

The recommended amount of times to shampoo with nizoral is 2-4 times per week and then ur regular shampoo on off days. However i currently i only shampoo my hair 3/4 times a week, so should i reduce the amount of times i use nizoral or increase my frequency of shampooing?

Only thing is people have told me its better for ur hair if you only shampoo 3/4 times a week so it retains most if its natural oils.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I tend to disagree with that claim.

It is my understanding that an oily scalp is a more inviting habitat for malaseezia yeast, which exacerbates the follicular irritation caused by male pattern baldness.

Additionally, the scalp oils aren't needed for hair health, the hairs don't "absorb" scalp oil. The scalp oil, from my understanding, is only beneficial for the scalp itself. Keep in mind that while sebum does have some beneficial effect on skin (adding moisture to dead outer skin layer to prevent intrusion of parasites or harmful substances), it is also, in effect, a waste product of the body and is filled with excreted toxins and is not something that one would want to allow to build up on the skin.

I know that people will argue that it is more "natural" to let the sebum flow, as our bodies were meant to roam free in the wilderness without showering once or twice a day. I disagree, and believe that our bodies have evoloved to the point where it is best that this sebum be washed off on a daily basis.

Britannia

Reaction score
Washing your hair frequently will not worsen your hairloss. Maybe use a thickening shampoo on the days you dont use Nizoral?

Actb4NW6

Reaction score
^^ ive been using the l'oreal for men thickening shampoo but it doesnt really do anything......do u (or anyone else) know of any that are more effective?

Thanks for any replies