Shampooing the Hair

Airforce1

Reaction score
Well i use Nizoral twice a week. But besides that i do not wash my hair just rinse it. I heard this from my girlfriend that its better not to wash your hair everyday. I just recently started doing this. My question to you guys is that if i wash my hair everyday like i used to is it more likely that i will lose hair faster. Also if there is no difference in washing it twice a week or every day. What shampoo do you recommend me use in between my nizoral. And is conditioner needed to maintain healthy hair. Thank you so much for your help it is very appreciated.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a difference washing it once a day or twice a week. If you have very oily hair you should be using a gentle shampoo made for daily use... otherwise everyone else washes their hair every 2-3 days.. This is the way it is... I suggest you do a google search to read up more on this instead of listening to others here because I am truly surprised at how many guys on this forum don't know the basics about washing their hair.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
chr1s said:
There is a difference washing it once a day or twice a week. If you have very oily hair you should be using a gentle shampoo made for daily use... otherwise everyone else washes their hair every 2-3 days.. This is the way it is... I suggest you do a google search to read up more on this instead of listening to others here because I am truly surprised at how many guys on this forum don't know the basics about washing their hair.

the number of times you wash your hair is irrelevant...its not going to make a difference as far as male pattern baldness is concerned..

Just do whatever is cosmetically best for you.

Cassin

Reaction score
chr1s said:
I suggest you do a google search to read up more on this instead of listening to others here because I am truly surprised at how many guys on this forum don't know the basics about washing their hair.

Translation -

I am right everyone is wrong and stupid because they don't agree with me.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me.....

First of all hair today gone tomorrow, not once did I say anything about male pattern baldness.. I'm talking about HEALTHY hair, the hair that you already have.

And Cassin, if you believe all humans have the same hair and it should be washed daily, you are a moron... period.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
chr1s said:

First of all hair today gone tomorrow, not once did I say anything about male pattern baldness.. I'm talking about HEALTHY hair, the hair that you already have.

And Cassin, if you believe all humans have the same hair and it should be washed daily, you are a moron... period.

what exactly do you mean by healthy?? do you mean split ends by healthy? do you mean dry hair? what do you mean.

Cassin

Reaction score
chr1s said:

wow...way to take a joke!

temper temper

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes dry damaged hair ect...

I am talking about a BASIC hair washing regemine (regardless of hairloss or not) that I assumed most people knew until I came to this forum.

You do not wash your hair everyday unless it is very oily and that is the exception, washing it everyday strips your hair of natural oils making it dry and damaged. The majority of people should wash their hair every 2-3 days but there is no "1 size fits all" when it comes to a hair washing regemine... let alone running around here telling people to shampoo it everyday? lol

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
chr1s said:
Yes dry damaged hair ect...

I am talking about a BASIC hair washing regemine (regardless of hairloss or not) that I assumed most people knew until I came to this forum.

You do not wash your hair everyday unless it is very oily and that is the exception, washing it everyday strips your hair of natural oils making it dry and damaged. The majority of people should wash their hair every 2-3 days but there is no "1 size fits all" when it comes to a hair washing regemine... let alone running around here telling people to shampoo it everyday? lol

hmm..my hair isnt oily...i wash it everyday...no problems...its not dry nor is it damaged.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
I posted a bunch of links under the "Organic Shampoo" topic but for some reason that topic does not load, I get an error.

Listen, if your hair has some length to it and you want nice healthy looking hair you shampoo/conditioner it every 2-3 days for most people.

If you feel you need to shampoo daily, make sure you are using a gentle shampoo made for "daily use"... They don't make those shampoos for the hell of it you know? Those girls in the Pantene Pro V commercials don't get that hair by just doing "whatever".

If you have very short hair and you really don't give a shyt because you gel it or do whatever and cut it often anyways.... then do whatever the fuk you want.

If you want nice looking hair, there's a way to get it... if not then do and use "watever".

powersam

Reaction score
some people though will benefit from washing it less. for instance those with dry sensitive skin on the scalp might do better to wash it far less. i have such skin and now only wash my hair with conditioner and no more itchy irritated scalp for me.

washing too often can remove deep epidermal lipids which help keep the skin moist and healthy. as hair is simply an extension of the skin, keeping your skin healthy can help keep your hair healthy.