sexual side effects of propecia

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
36 yrs old.
1/4 Proscar every second day.
3 months.
Hair getting thicker and new growth in temples that receded years ago.
No - none - nada sexual side effects. Pitching tents in the morning, "blue steel" cat couldn't scratch it, nothing watery, will "f*** anything that moves - if I come over, your fish will stop moving".

6_Uptown_NYC

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but here's my take on the PRO-pecia...

Started using it 10/04 after 2 years on minoxidil. Worked like a charm, reduction in hair loss and regrowth. But oh the side effects have kicked in after 8 months - loss of libido, less erection, less/more watery ejaculation. I have a Dr. appointment this week to discuss the situation (cut to 1/2 dosage or stop altogether).

The side effects may not occur for everyone but they are certainly real. I suggest if you have the ability to do so, talk with your Doctor before starting this drug and full understand how it alters your body. Also, if you're using minoxidil or something similar, continue to use it if you try Propecia, that way if you need to stop, you have something to fall back on.

khan

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What dosage were you on?

And Whatthehell has since posted that he has had side effects, losing sensitivity after a few weeks. :(

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
well its 3 months later my libido is still pretty damaged but my hair is looking better atleast

damn life is just too hard at times

khan

Reaction score
I've read that it many cases it stabilises after 2 1/2 months... Please keep us informed on how things are going for you. Hope things get better real soon.

I've bought some proscar but I still can't bring myself to take any yet. The thought of sending my willie wonka is very scary. Increased acne would be a huge pain too. Both those side effects would be 10 times worse than my hair worries at the moment...

I'm thinking of taking an 1/8th every second day.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
My sides, as minor as they were, seem to have lessened over the past few weeks.

khan just start taking it and see what happens. Ride it out for a few months if the sides aren't all that severe. Mine came and went in the 6+ weeks that I have been on finasteride. Maybe they will come again, or maybe it was all in my head.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
its weird that since ive started medication ive got more sex then i ever had in my life

maybe cuz im not desperate anymore

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
update: lowering my dosage of propecia to 1mg every other day

lets see how it goes