Setipiprant Topical Mixture And Ingredients Question

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact biochemical reasons, but I theorize that it has something to do with doses less than 1000-1500mg (topical or oral) being too easily flushed out by the system before the necessary receptors are blocked. Oral seti in doses of 2000mg per day seem to flood the system with enough of the drug to allow PGD2 production to be completely inhibited, despite 50% of the drug being flushed out of the bloodstream.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 1g a day orally. Hasn’t done anything for me.
I have never seen a combination of such strong antiandrogens and other inhibitors still fail to stop hair loss aside from you. Your case of male pattern baldness really is uniquely aggressive.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact biochemical reasons, but I theorize that it has something to do with doses less than 1000-1500mg (topical or oral) being too easily flushed out by the system before the necessary receptors are blocked. Oral seti in doses of 2000mg per day seem to flood the system with enough of the drug to allow PGD2 production to be completely inhibited, despite 50% of the drug being flushed out of the bloodstream.

I thought that was why topical was better though. Because you don't need to use so much when applying directly to the scalp.

I thought ppl were just going with oral more because of convenience not efficiency.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought that was why topical was better though. Because you don't need to use so much when applying directly to the scalp.

I thought ppl were just going with oral more because of convenience not efficiency.
It’s likely that topical seti will absorb systemically into the bloodstream, especially when used with DMSO. After this, the majority of it will be flushed out, leaving in the bloodstream an amount of seti incapable of blocking the necessary receptors. High dose oral seti and whatever differences there may be in its method of action appears to be much more effective in halting hair loss.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never seen a combination of such strong antiandrogens and other inhibitors still fail to stop hair loss aside from you. Your case of male pattern baldness really is uniquely aggressive.
I’m a woman.

strandman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a woman.
Oh, sorry about that. I saw the Homer Simpson pic and failed to nice you have female listed in your profile. Where on your scalp are you losing hair? Have you gotten bloodwork done to look for any deficiencies? Is your thyroid healthy? These as well as things like diet and stress could be the cause.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, sorry about that. I saw the Homer Simpson pic and failed to nice you have female listed in your profile. Where on your scalp are you losing hair? Have you gotten bloodwork done to look for any deficiencies? Is your thyroid healthy? These as well as things like diet and stress could be the cause.
I have retrograde/female pattern diffuse thinning. So that means that I have full hairline recession all the way around like an evaporating pool, and also everywhere else is thinning and miniturising with emphasis on the top of my head. I also have entire body hair thinning.. so my eyelashes and eyebrows are also thinned.
I was diagnosed in 2015 with something called hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism. It means that chronically elevated levels or cortisol stopped my pituitary gland from creating gonadotropin releasing hormone, when in turn stopped ovulation and estrogen production in my ovaries. It also causes elevated androgen levels. After this I essentially went through menopause. The lack of estrogen is what causes the body and hairline thinning. Genetics and androgen sensitivity causes the female pattern loss.[/QUOTE]

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have bought it from Kane as the salted version is supposed to dissolve much more easily. I will try to dissolve it in 96% ethanol and then add PG and water.

With regards to the creating batches for the acid (standard) seti, I found this: 50% ethanol, 30% (or 20%) polysorbate 80, 20% DMI and a drop of DMSO. @yayapapaya posted this a while ago in one of the seti threads.

Hope this helps.
Hi do you know if Kane is still selling salted seti as I've heard that possibly is no longer the standard and wanted to do topical

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi do you know if Kane is still selling salted seti as I've heard that possibly is no longer the standard and wanted to do topical

Hes still making it, I got mine 3 days ago. I think you will have to hit him up first before you order it tho.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you all switch from regimine to regimine? Do you give each alone a window to test? I.e. 6 months? Do you overlap treatments?

Would a switch from RU+oral minoxidil to 1g/per day of Seti? Yield better results? Is this still a better outlook in terms of sides than Finasteride? I’m concerned my Anagen RU might not be legit? Almost 4 months and still shedding like crazy. On 2.5 oral minoxidil up from 1.25.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Me after 5 months of topical Setipiprant.

Attachments

• 20160602_130141_1.jpg
    20160602_130141_1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 387

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you all switch from regimine to regimine? Do you give each alone a window to test? I.e. 6 months? Do you overlap treatments?

Would a switch from RU+oral minoxidil to 1g/per day of Seti? Yield better results? Is this still a better outlook in terms of sides than Finasteride? I’m concerned my Anagen RU might not be legit? Almost 4 months and still shedding like crazy. On 2.5 oral minoxidil up from 1.25.

Though you’ve been shedding you’ve been on oral minoxidil so are you at least seeing hair growth ? I’m going to start oral minoxidil and recently I’ve been hearing about non stop shedding but I presume even massive shedding + the most powerful growth stimulant = some slowing of net loss at the very least.

Also if you can still afford it I wouldn’t see a reason to drop RU once beginning a new treatment like seti unless you are getting sides. RU may be a fairly week AA but none the less it is one and has to be blocking at least some of your ARs even if it’s not doing the job on it’s own.

Last edited: