Setipiprant Phase 2a Trials Status Change (results Submitted But Not Posted) On Clinical Trials Page

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT02781311

The page now reads

"Results information has been submitted to ClinicalTrials.gov by the sponsor or investigator, but is not yet publicly available (or "posted") on ClinicalTrials.gov. The submitted information may not be available if it is pending Quality Control (QC) Review by the National Library of Medicine (NLM) or if issues identified during QC review are being addressed or corrected by the sponsor or investigator. NLM's limited QC review assesses for apparent errors, deficiencies, or inconsistencies. NLM staff do not verify the scientific validity or relevance of the submitted information."

So we still need to just hang back and wait but at least we know its been submitted

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm normally an optimist but I just don't see setipiprant ever making it to market. It can't compete with finasteride, as evidenced by finasteride being removed as a comparison group. however, hopefully I'm wrong. or if the data shows at least maintenance in a large portion of subjects, it gives hope for fevi being used off-label for hair loss.

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We have been tracking it here https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...l-dropping-of-future-treatments.118571/page-4

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
setipirant is history. what people are interesting in is if in theory the PGD/PGE angle actually does something useful for hairloss as fevi comes out next year and if the former hypothesis is true than thats great news for people with AG. thats why the study results are interesting, not because anybody actually believes in allgeran actually brining this out anymore. and same with bimatropost. allergen is sh*t
We just don’t know if that’s true. For all we know, Seti could have preformed slightly worse or equal to finasteride when compared to a placebo. Because you have to take Seti in large quantities twice a day, Allergen may have felt like the market wouldn’t be there.

However, slightly worse or equal without the finasteride sides could be a god send for people. Or this could be a big failure. We should find out soon.

Also note that minus maybe one or two forum users, we never had people trying the correct dose with a tested source.