Setipiprant log

resu

Reaction score
When people gets it everyone will know, it needs to be tested first.

Superbee3

Reaction score
Results?

Has anyone had positive results from using Setipiprant or is it still too soon?

Thanks!

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm thinking of getting in on a Seti GB, but something baffles - there have been 8 clinical trials with over 1000 patients and then with 211 using 1000mg (see link below), how come it wasnt noticed or reported that Seti caused any positive influence to hair loss as as a side-effect from these trials? Admittedly, of the 211 only a say, 10% - 20% will have Androgenetic Alopecia, but still, that's 21 to 42 patients.

I would have thought it would have been spotted (like finasteride when initially only used for prostate cancer, or minoxidil etc) and jumped on by pharma from the headlines rather than Cotsarelis's unrelated research that PGD2 inhibition should limit hair loss and then Seti being identified as an strong inhibitor and thus should work leading to a trials etc

Thoughts?

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...6-9D97-631C0F6B7C97/KYTH-105_setipiprant_.pdf

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi i'm thinking of getting in on a Seti GB, but something baffles - there have been 8 clinical trials with over 1000 patients and then with 211 using 1000mg (see link below), how come it wasnt noticed or reported that Seti caused any positive influence to hair loss as as a side-effect from these trials? Admittedly, of the 211 only a say, 10% - 20% will have Androgenetic Alopecia, but still, that's 21 to 42 patients.

I would have thought it would have been spotted (like finasteride when initially only used for prostate cancer, or minoxidil etc) and jumped on by pharma from the headlines rather than Cotsarelis's unrelated research that PGD2 inhibition should limit hair loss and then Seti being identified as an strong inhibitor and thus should work leading to a trials etc

Thoughts?

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...6-9D97-631C0F6B7C97/KYTH-105_setipiprant_.pdf

your thought is misguided here.

even the best treatment wont regrow a substantial cosmetically observable amount of hair. and they arent looking for it anyhow so they are not going to spot it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
bump

I know this is an old, outdated thread, but just wanted to add -

I will be taking 500mg of seti orally every day.

finasteride, dutasteride AND RU did not work for me, at all. In fact they caused drastic dermatitis and increased my hair loss to about 200-300 hairs per day.

I have been using minoxidil for 5 years.

I have been using seti @ 250mg/day for about 1.5 months now and my new regimen will consist entirely of -

500mg seti / day, continuation of minoxidil and continuation of dermarolling (1.5mm)

I will update in a couple months. I think, for people who failed with finasteride, that attacking the PGD2 angle in itself may be useful. we will see.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
bump

I know this is an old, outdated thread, but just wanted to add -

I will be taking 500mg of seti orally every day.

finasteride, dutasteride AND RU did not work for me, at all. In fact they caused drastic dermatitis and increased my hair loss to about 200-300 hairs per day.

I have been using minoxidil for 5 years.

I have been using seti @ 250mg/day for about 1.5 months now and my new regimen will consist entirely of -

500mg seti / day, continuation of minoxidil and continuation of dermarolling (1.5mm)

I will update in a couple months. I think, for people who failed with finasteride, that attacking the PGD2 angle in itself may be useful. we will see.

just curious is this effective in women?

No sides?

whats the negative about it?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the most severe side effect reported were gallstones, which can be extremely painful, but this was also just 1 case. If anything the side effects would be worse in men because Pgd2 plays a role in male sexual development, but it's unclear (I looked for the answer) which receptor pgd2 uses for this role. If it's PD1 and not Gpr44/crth2/PD2 then it makes sense that setipiprant would not have sexual side effects, but I haven't read enough of the literature on it.

I have been thinking about the role of pgd2 in hair loss and may post an idea on the topic soon. Thanks for doing this, Buckthorn.

Attachments

• IMG_7424.PNG
    IMG_7424.PNG
    386.2 KB · Views: 224

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just curious is this effective in women?

No sides?

whats the negative about it?

I think it should be effective for anyone that has Androgenetic Alopecia.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it should be effective for anyone that has Androgenetic Alopecia.

Hey buck,
Are you also adding a small dose topically?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Soon I will be starting treatment with setipiprant , although this is going to be an oral treatment I will start out using 5% topically. Depending on others feedback I may try taking it orally. Oc may possibly be stronger but this is much more cost effective allowing higher dosages used which is awesome :) I will update this log with my results and thoughts throughout my trial of this. using this combined with an AA I'm hopeful that better results can be achieved
Does Seti helps with Alopecia Areata?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey buck,
Are you also adding a small dose topically?

no, just orally. I have no time or patience to mix it every day. I respond strongly to any oral medication, while topicals irritate my scalp.

@buckthorn just wondering where did you get your seti ?

Kane

Does Seti helps with Alopecia Areata?
I would guess no. AA is an autoimmune disorder, while Androgenetic Alopecia is androgen driven.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Kane doesn't have a good reputation, man. Did you do a third party purity test?