Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

bebefino1

Reaction score
I will not answer anything.

All my log is in the private forum.

I'll make an update here in 4 months.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait and see. We all possess doctorates in that.
Looking forward to January Bebe.
I will not answer anything.

All my log is in the private forum.

I'll make an update here in 4 months.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Mods you can close this thread. Apparently nobody gonna update or share his experience here.

You guys need to be more patient , Why mod should close the thread ? Who says the thread should have the update everyday?

Lets be realistic here , AGAIN , 4 MONTHS needed for every treatment to talk about Regrowth / Sides / Shedding .

So the reason he does not update us is because he knows he doesn't give the treatment enough time so far.

Even me on my personal thread , after switching to minoxidil 15 % , mention I will update my pics after 4 months , Even though I'm on it

for 2 months but I won't update my own thread before 4 months on EACH treatment. Thats a basic Rule my friend.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys expect? a day by day update?...even a weekly update would be absolutely ridiculous...we are talking about hair loss and as parsia has stated you really should not update before 4 month mark...honestly for most that number is closer to 6 months...you have to be patient...and how many of you are experiencing life changing aggressive hair loss? I have lost so much of my hair in the last 4 years and you don't see me complaining about lack of updates...I just check this page a couple times a week to see if there are any early unexpected responders...relax and be patient

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you guys expect? a day by day update?...even a weekly update would be absolutely ridiculous...we are talking about hair loss and as parsia has stated you really should not update before 4 month mark...honestly for most that number is closer to 6 months...you have to be patient...and how many of you are experiencing life changing aggressive hair loss? I have lost so much of my hair in the last 4 years and you don't see me complaining about lack of updates...I just check this page a couple times a week to see if there are any early unexpected responders...relax and be patient

+1 , You're right , 6 months mark is more accurate , I just said at least 4 months , this forum needs the dedicated user like you.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
+1 , You're right , 6 months mark is more accurate , I just said at least 4 months , this forum needs the dedicated user like you.

Parsia I see you are on finasteride. Are you going to drop it? There is no sense on being on finasteride if the hypothesis is correct of Kythera. You will be dual inhibiting from upstream in the chain. Sure it would have a dual protective action. However seeing how you have sexual sides though will you drop finasteride now totally? Would be interesting. Don't shout at me when you will start losing hair though.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Parsia and dusty,

pay attention to the questions I have posted. None of them are asking about the progression or the success of the treatment, hence your claim is just wrong. There is nothing to do with patience here, and no need to wait 4 months in order to know what quantity people use daily (I didn't ask if it worked), and how they mix their vehicle (etc...).
All of my questions were meant to give technical and necessary details mainly to people who want to participate a group buy and start using Seti soon.
I am not stupid - I don't expect any success \ failure before even a year mark. All I wanted is some info in order to make myself (and others who want to try this) ready to use this Seti.

Hi Chongy , Fair enough .No you are not stupid for sure. and I respect you .

But here are few points here : You asked more than 10 questions and one of them is about taking seti and finasteride together? How do they know

the answer?

We need at least a year for many users to try it and find the answer ( with/without finasteride ) , and you asked many other questions which I'm

sure they don't know the answer because they haven't tried it that way yet , Like different mixing and etc. and finally you ask mod to close

the thread because they don't answer your questions?

That makes me to respond you , Chongy with any reason they do not like to go to details about their experience , can we do anything? we

have to wait.

And as far as I know you don't have your seti yet , So that wouldn't be change anything. you have to wait couple months to receive your

seti.

And finally please read my post #239 , we don't want hellouser get banned again since he is the first one who start the topic about seti

because of his research.

So all I'm saying is please wait couple more months and I promise you , you will find your answers.

- - - Updated - - -

Parsia I see you are on finasteride. Are you going to drop it? There is no sense on being on finasteride if the hypothesis is correct of Kythera. You will be dual inhibiting from upstream in the chain. Sure it would have a dual protective action. However seeing how you have sexual sides though will you drop finasteride now totally? Would be interesting. Don't shout at me when you will start losing hair though.

Hello swoop :) how are you my friend ?

I think you assume I'm on seti now , But I'm not , I don't have any seti in my hand yet:)

Right now I'm on finasteride 0.5 mg for about a year and I didn't lose any more hair. If I get the Seti I should reconsider finasteride with more research , and thanks for letting me know

about that dual inhibiting from upstream chain. And Yes If I loose my hair I will shout at everyone AND not only you ( Joking )

Did I answer your question?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello swoop :) how are you my friend ?

I think you assume I'm on seti now , But I'm not , I don't have any seti in my hand yet:)

Right now I'm on finasteride 0.5 mg for about a year and I didn't lose any more hair. If I get the Seti I should reconsider finasteride with more research , and thanks for letting me know

about that dual inhibiting from upstream chain. And Yes If I loose my hair I will shout at everyone AND not only you ( Joking )

Did I answer your question?

I'm fine thanks hope you are too! You did answer me somewhat. I mean the pathway upstream of Androgenetic Alopecia works like this. Androgens > Androgen receptor. The androgen receptor has shown to be implicated on a genetic level. This is known in literature and confirmed. I'm sure you understand this.

Now if it is correct that PGD2 works upstream after AR activation then there is no use for finasteride. In fact in theory it would make any anti-androgen/5ar2 inhibitor obsolete because we have very strong DP2 antagonists. Obviously it's a bit of a gamble. I don't believe in it at all.

But if you would drop finasteride and go on setipiprant in the future you could test this hypothesis by dropping finasteride. That would make you a very interesting case, way more interesting than anyone else. So my question is will you drop finasteride in favour of setipiprant as you have sexual sides? Seems you are trying to quit finasteride already from your signature that's why I am asking.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm fine thanks hope you are too! You did answer me somewhat. I mean the pathways upstream of Androgenetic Alopecia works like this. Androgens > Androgen receptor. The androgen receptor has shown to be implicated on a genetic level. This is known in literature and confirmed. I'm sure you understand this.

Now if it is correct that PGD2 works also upstream after AR activation then there is no use for finasteride. In fact in pure theory it would make any anti-androgen/5ar2 inhibitor obsolete because we have very strong DP2 antagonists. Obviously it's a bit of a gamble. I don't believe in it at all.

But if you would drop finasteride and go on setipiprant in the future you could test this hypothesis by dropping finasteride. That would make you a very interesting case, way more interesting than anyone else. So my question is will you drop finasteride in favour of setipiprant as you have sexual sides?

Oh I got you ,

I had sexual side on 1mg , But actually not that much on 0.5mg , I can tolerate 0.5mg , I think I have to update my signature .

And I have always have sexual side on 1mg , dropped it 4 times in the last decade, So yes I will be a big boy and your mouse and drop it

and you have to promise me to send me the invitation to come to visit Netherlands , I missed Europe a lot :D

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I got you ,

I had sexual side on 1mg , But actually not that much on 0.5mg , I can tolerate 0.5mg , I think I have to update my signature .

And I have always have sexual side on 1mg , dropped it 4 times in the last decade, So yes I will be a big boy and your mouse and drop it

and you have to promise me to send me the invitation to come to visit Netherlands , I missed Europe a lot :D

Haha. That way you will actually be able to somewhat to test the hypothesis. Why? Because you have stabilized on finasteride. So if you would drop finasteride and add setipiprant and you will start losing hair and continue to lose hair this means that finasteride was able to do it's job and setipiprant not. And seeing the hypothesis of Kythera setipiprant should do the same job. Obviously you are taking a gamble here. In my eyes a big one. But ballsy nonetheless! You are welcome to visit the Netherlands anytime man :). Keep us updated!

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha. That way you will actually be able to somewhat to test the hypothesis. Why? Because you have stabilized on finasteride. So if you would drop finasteride and add setipiprant and you will start losing hair and continue to lose hair this means that finasteride was able to do it's job and setipiprant not. And seeing the hypothesis of Kythera setipiprant should do the same job. Obviously you are taking a gamble here. In my eyes a big one. But ballsy nonetheless! You are welcome to visit the Netherlands anytime man :). Keep us updated!

Thanks ,Yes you're right , I totally agree with you But my only concern is at the same time , I use minoxidil and I've got some regrowth ,

and you know some users don't even loose their hair on minoxidil after couple years , ( 2 to 3 ) , So how about if my result so far was

dedicated to minoxidil not finasteride ? I know finasteride do more maintenance than minoxidil but It is still possible to keep hair with minoxidil in short

term . so in this case I may still lose hair on Seti but Minoxidil keep my hair and slightly regrowth .

Sweuser

Reaction score
I'm not sure this combo finasteride and seti is totally useless. Since no drug can do it's effect to 100%, we can benefit synergestically by attacing the cascade at two levels.

Also, there might be changes in receptor population when blocking at receptor level. If that's the case, finasteride might be benifical aswell.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Parsia,
Well of course I won't push anyone to share his info. It is just a little bit frustrating. Suppose I get my seti next month... I will have no idea what to do with it.
More than that - I don't even have a clue how much of Seti to buy. So I'm pretty much unable to go on and progress.
But I guess I can't really do anything about it.

Anyway, to topic. I read that finasteride + Seti might actually be fine, if you already use finasteride and don't want to quit. That is because you still have those high levels of PGD2 in your balding areas, no matter the fact that you produce less of the DHT thanks to finasteride.

I understand you feel frustrated , but don't worry , I think 15-20g would be enough for a first buy if you like to try it as a topical because you MAY need 5 % as a topical

twice daily . in the meantime you are waiting for your seti , Other guys will give us more update.

And thanks for your comment about using finasteride and seti.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll give you guys one update:

I was on Setipiprant using ethanol/pg as a vehicle for almost a month. I tried a variety of combinations of the two to get it to keep SETI from undissolving, but each time after a few hours it would turn to mush and or harden up like scale in a tea kettle. I've since started using a different vehicle and while it dissolves, it also stays dissolved for at least 2 weeks. Having said that, I've been on it for about a month. I've gone a few days in a row without it and i've noticed this:

The days im on it, my scalp does NOT itch. The days I'm off it, my scalp itch returns. Sebum production also seems to be significantly reduced.

For obvious reasons, I won't be commenting on regrowth.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I was on Setipiprant using ethanol/pg as a vehicle for almost a month. I tried a variety of combinations of the two to get it to keep SETI from undissolving, but each time after a few hours it would turn to mush and or harden up like scale in a tea kettle. I've since started using a different vehicle and while it dissolves, it also stays dissolved for at least 2 weeks. Having said that, I've been on it for about a month. I've gone a few days in a row without it and i've noticed this:

The days im on it, my scalp does NOT itch. The days I'm off it, my scalp itch returns. Sebum production also seems to be significantly reduced.

The decrease in sebum and itch almost makes it worth it for me try...sebum production has always been an issue for me and the itch came along about a year ago

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't be more easier/practical by taking it orally? Pour it in cup and just drink it or is there some benefit in taking it topically?

Anyways thanks for your update.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Not really. I mean - easier - yes. But we currently are not sure what the ideal dosage is.
1) if you use it orally, it might be wasted on other parts of your body. You want to aim it on your scalp only.
2) This is something I assume: for effectiveness you will need much higher dosage if you take it orally. higher dosage daily = bigger hole in the pocket (waste of more money \ your supply will end earlier)

Sounds reasonable. Though I've read here that about 150mg would theoretically be enough but who knows. Mixing ingredients in a veichle and such sounds awfully complicated, but it's perhaps not.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. Though I've read here that about 150mg would theoretically be enough but who knows. Mixing ingredients in a veichle and such sounds awfully complicated, but it's perhaps not.

Hellouser has been mixing stuff into topicals for quite awhile

DFWdesperado

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sounds promising..reduction of itch/irritation alone would be beneficial to many. Nothing has ever calmed my itch.
Thanks for the update bud.