Setipiprant For Hair Loss - Mega Thread

inmyhead

Reaction score
Whats up guys! Wanted to share my experience with topical seti (3-5%).
Been on it since december 2015. So month and a half probably.

Short version: Huge reduction in shed, lots of new healthy hairs sprouting all over the hairline.

Long version: i'm a diffuse thinner all over the top of my head.
My regimen before adding seti was 1 month on VitE succinate+neogenic+dermarolling+LiCl+keto shampoo(+washing hair with regular salt with iodine before shampooing). Before that, i only used keto shampoo+salt and zinc tablets.

2 weeks after adding seti, i noticed a huge decrease in shed of long thick hair. But increased shed of miniaturized hairs.
On top of that, as of today, there lots of new hairs sprouting all along my hairline. Ive never seen this many before. They are ~1cm long now. Pulling my longer hair back, there is like a 2nd hairpiece under it, albeit not as dense.

Side effects: dry lips and thirst in the morning. Thirst could be from vit e succinate.

Overall, i'm very happy so far and i hope it will keep this up. I'm gonna update in a couple months.

Do you have any before/after pics...?

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
No, i dont have any before pics. I might post current ones to show those new hairs.
I wanted to wait a couple of months to confirm they are still growing.

If you could take current pics and post it now it would be appreaciated, and then you can add after pics.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
My anecdotal impression from just reading people's experiences is that seti works better as a topical.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
What does salt do for hair and how and when do you apply it?

Its an old russian method to treat hairloss my mom told me about.

In the shower, every time before shampooing or dermarolling, i wet my hair and then take a table spoon amount of salt and put it all over the top my head.
And i just rub it in or use flat hairbrush. After that, i just leave it on for a few minutes.

I'm not exactly sure what it does. Maybe salt dissolves oil on your scalp? Maybe salt scratches you skin and has similar effect to dermarolling?
So when you apply shampoo, or other treatments, it penetrates better. I don't know.

I just noticed that my hair feels thicker after that, so i stuck with it.

also, table salt i used has iodine in it. non-iodine salt didn't thicken my hair. maybe they are all the same, i really dont know.
hope this helps.

Frog

Reaction score
I noticed a decrease in shedding of thick hairs, and an increase in shedding of little hairs just like you (from swiss's ghetto protocol). I wonder why this is. I'm worried because the little follicles are the last ones I want to be shrinking.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
I noticed a decrease in shedding of thick hairs, and an increase in shedding of little hairs just like you (from swiss's ghetto protocol). I wonder why this is. I'm worried because the little follicles are the last ones I want to be shrinking.

I think (hope) its the other way around. The little follicles are miniaturized ones, i.e. unhealthy. It would make sense that they would fall out first to regrow into thicker hair.

Are you having any regrowth? I have a lot of new what look like healthy hairs sprouting up all along my hairline. Except for temples. Don't see any there.

I just added pge2 like a week ago. Nothing to report on that so far.

Frog

Reaction score
I don't think I've had any regrowth, not yet anyway (been using castor and sulfasalazine for several months). Just the hair on my arms, which maybe suggests that it will at least support regrowth once I get all the pieces of the protocol together. I'm adding stemox and dermaneedling today. I gotta get me some LiCl...

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think I've had any regrowth, not yet anyway (been using castor and sulfasalazine for several months). Just the hair on my arms, which maybe suggests that it will at least support regrowth once I get all the pieces of the protocol together. I'm adding stemox and dermaneedling today. I gotta get me some LiCl...

I think dermarolling+LiCl+seti+stemox(+maybe keto shampoo too) are the key. I didn't have any pge2 in my regimen before seeing results.

Frog

Reaction score
Did you find a good source for the LiCl? I've been confused about the whole purity thing.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm on topical Seti since end of december. Had big regrowth from RU and minoxidil one year ago.

Now i Habe big shedding since some days. I hope Seti will help me in the future.

Firstpost which vehicle do you use for seti?

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
No idea. All i know it can dissolve seti at 5% concentration for a short amount of time, which i dont really need since i make one big batch.

- - - Updated - - -

what your vehicle consists of? Does seti stay dissolved for longer periods of time?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
At the moment I use Ethanol+PG. Stable for some hours.

But Seti is perfect stable in minoxidil for many days.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, 1ml castor (oral) + 500mg sulfasalazine has decreased shedding but definitely hasn't caused regrowth. I also have hairier arms, but not bad. How much castor are you guys taking? I'm thinking about taking more.

Where do you guys purchase 1ml castor and the sulfasalazine?