seriously considering suicide

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Im only 17 and my hairline is completely f**ked.Its over,ive been watching myself degrade for the last year and i cant take it any more i give up.Hair loss has destroyed me,my identity including my personallity has been stolen from me.I cant even use propecia because i dont think im even fully grown yet.Ive been on minoxidil for 7 months which has done nothing.Theres no way out of this.Enough is enough,id rather choose the end of the bullet before resigning the rest of my life to being a monster.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I was in your same shoes. I started Propecia. My hair is much better. Not once did I think about suicide because I am a smart, confident person that knows that looks only go so far. And I've always had my fair share of women. So, get buff and be a man about it.

D.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
That's a loser attitude you got there.

You're acting as if your hair carries the same function as your heart

hopewas

Reaction score
shave your head. you never know. you might look good with one. don't shave it to the skin though. just shave it number 1 and 2. sometimes you can't tell you're losing your hair. trust me. losing my hair sucks. i still can conceal it. i got out of a 3 and 1/2 year relationship..now i'm dating this nice hot girl. greatest girl i ever met..like the total package. and i hope day by day that my hair still looks ok so she doesn't know i'm thinning. life sucks. we all got fucked losing it early. but what are we going to do. find a g\f.. once you have that you shouldn't give a sh*t what others think. as long as you have a g\f who loves you despite that, you'll be fine.

David77

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
I was in your same shoes. I started Propecia. My hair is much better. Not once did I think about suicide because I am a smart, confident person that knows that looks only go so far. And I've always had my fair share of women. So, get buff and be a man about it.

D.

Hey, I don't want to take away from the seriousness of the thread, but how did it go with the propecia? I've been on proscar quartered, for about a month now, and my hair feels pretty sh*t to be honest... I'm thinking of shaving it off. Even the back is looking very thin now. I know people say it gets worse before it gets better, but I always like to hear that from other people for reassurance.

As for suicide... Mate, if losing your hair means that much to you, then there's other things missing in your life... Take some time out, and find out what you really enjoy, and dedicate yourself to that. I know it's hard, and I feel sh*t as well when I look in the mirror and don't always see what I want to see, but there's plenty of things to be happy about. It's just finding those things that make you happy. It's only when things like this happen that you realise how lacking in real identity you are anyway (most people are). This sort of stuff makes you stronger, and that always makes you more attractive. And if some girl can't see that, then she ain't worth sh*t.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawbbie said:
That's a loser attitude you got there.
Yes, that was very smart, telling someone who may be on the verge of suicide, that you think he's a loser. Personally, I haven't seen many winners among those who like to label others as losers.

avri

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Get a tan, dress like your the sh*t, make money, splurge the paper, and have fun, yes you can get women with not so great hair, be confident,my hair is real sh*t right now and Im not very good looking but I can still pull a b**ch,its all about the self esteem, dont let others see its bothering you to the point of depression, it shows weakness in character. dont think about your hair, yes I know it sucks but damn do whatever you can to help it, if all else fails then you know youve got a lot more to live for than hair bro.....

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Last Blade:

I know what it's like to have this sh*t happen to you at such a young age. I've been aggressively losing hair since just before my 17th birthday and I'm at the point now where I can't even really conceal it. I've even had one or two of my close friends approach me about it and ask what's going on? For me, the worst thing about losing my hair has been the loss of confidence. It's tough because I'm popular in my school and as such am expected to socialize all the time. I used to love this but now I just dread it because it means having to style my hair and look good which has become nearly impossible. Every day I wait in trepidation for someone to bring it up when I'm with a group of people. I hate living like this too man, but I've found ways to get past it. I know deep down that even if I were to tell my friends that they would sympathize and understand. Trust me, there is more to life then hair. I think the process of losing it is worse then actually being bald.

I cant even use propecia because i dont think im even fully grown yet.

If your contemplating something as drastic as suicide then I would think you'd be able to take a drug like propecia without any fear. The worst that propecia can do to you is cause some minor sexual side-effects. Your talking about taking your life. Which seems like the easier choice?

Definetly propecia.

All I'm saying man is life is more then just hair. You have to remember that 10 years from now, it won't be so uncommon being bald and that even now your not the only one.

G

Go to the gym. Build some muscle. Get a tan. And then we will talk
again.

G

Last blade, please read my pm's i sent to you. Also you are not blocking your DHT. You need to block your dht man. No wonder it hasent done anything for ya. minoxidil only shocks you follicles into stimulation, it doesnt protect your hair from dht. Get on spironolactone 5%, propecia.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
Avri Wrote:

Yes, that was very smart, telling someone who may be on the verge of suicide, that you think he's a loser. Personally, I haven't seen many winners among those who like to label others as losers.

avri

pfffffft lol, give me a break avri. the guy is obviously sh*t talking, how many guys who are going to commit suicide come on a hairloss site and broadcast it??? lol, i can't believe you take this kid seriously.

it's probably some goof under a different name just stirring it up and casting the bait... obviously he hooked you

Pall

Established Member
Reaction score
Friend

Live to fight for your hair , live to change things and beat evil ,

Plan what to do to overcome these sh*t. And Live for the plan , battle.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Rawbbie said:
pfffffft lol, give me a break avri. the guy is obviously sh*t talking, how many guys who are going to commit suicide come on a hairloss site and broadcast it??? lol, i can't believe you take this kid seriously.

it's probably some goof under a different name just stirring it up and casting the bait... obviously he hooked you
Oh right, adolescents committing suicide - never happened before. Yeah, the right thing would be to mock them and say there's no chance they mean it.

avri

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
lol

you're saying you're an adolescent who wants to commit suicide over hairloss

with all due respect, you have deeper problems than hairloss if you want to end it

c

Established Member
Reaction score
YOU FUCKHEADS telling this guy to be a man about it, or thinking its as simple as joining a gym and all solutions will be solved.

I cannot begin (or really be bothered) to tell you how wrong that is, with someone who feels so low.

To the guys who offer him useful, considerate advice i think that is great, and you should be proud.

To the guy who wrote this post, do not listen to the people who say the crap that will just make you feel worse. What is happening to you is a terrible thing that does have solutions, just please try and be patient and hold on. I'm really sorry that you feel this bad, and though most don't admit it its something we have felt or still feel.

Please just dont worry too much.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the words of encouragment,i needed it.
Ive been going bald for at least a year now and im only 17 and 3 months at the minute.If you think its as easily fixed as getting muscular,being rich etc then your just being ignorant.Also your probably around 25+.Ever seen any normal looking balding teens?.Being cursed so young means it is a disease which effects every part of your life,and the fact that i have to go into school and constantly think woah dont really wanna go outside and play some football with the rest of the guys cause its really windy or raining (thus exposing my hairloss),dont want every1 to know im a balding freak do i?Then theres the jealousy factor of every1 else with their perfect hair complaining about some tiny insignificant problem like some girl and im sat there listening thinking if you want a problem try hairloss.Teenage girls are not attracted to balding teens,sorry you can be as muscular and as tanned as you want,but you'll still look like sh*t,at my age anyway.Then theres the cliche which everyone has which applies to me before also:i was the complete opposite of everything i am now.That entire world has crumbled in the space of 2 years,and because im so young it means if i go on propecia i wont fully develop so ill be a child forever.Fair enough i mite have hair but its the same type of problem in a new form.I just want to be normal,and have the things every1 else takes for granted.But thats not possible is it?,so what do i do:i can essentially close my eyes and try and say its not important,its not important which for some people may work but im acutely aware of how ignorant that is and the fact that everyone else will look at me,see my problem and therefore treat me differently.And then theres the thing that it is and will get worse and worse and worse.I still have another year of school before i go to university.Wtf am i going to do there?No doubt sit in my room and rub minoxidil and spironolactone on my head while every1 else heads out to enjoy myself.The fact is we live in a society based on superficiality.Im part of that society and i have a disease which makes me ugly therefore i have to suffer accordingly.It will only get better when i hit about 30 and others are in the same boat.At 17 its just me.

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
"Get a tan"? :roll:

That's one of the oldest cliche's on this site, along with "hit the gym" e.t.c. Really you just need to hold tight 'till you are 18 then get on Propecia. It will give you the time you need to adapt to this and move on with your life.

c

Established Member
Reaction score
Well im sure that must absolutely suck. I can not begin to imagine how you must feel. Im loosing hair at 24 but to have lost it when i was 17, well i think i would have felt even worse than you, if that's possible.

You can let it overcome you and im sure it has and will over and over again, but just keep on breathing, you do not want to die, i certainly don't want you to die, and i'm sure people around you would be devastated if you did.
I guess all i can say is that, yes this will change you, but it'll change you into the person who you are meant to be. This process will take years to accept and realise but it's inevitable, as long as you stick around.

I hope you find relief somehow, as i'm sure you deserve it. Just research and see what happens.
All the best for now.

mak34

Reaction score
Think of it this way:if a cure comes along,in 5-10 years,it is possible you can have good hair again at the very young age of 27.And if you are lucky and live to be 90 yo,you will have 53 years of good hair days to live.And if you are patient for another 9-12 months,you can start the big 3,and stabilise your hair.Even have some regrowth.So please,be calm and patient.Only good things await in the future.Trust me,i am 35 and i've been through many shitty situations in life.The conclusion is this:things ALWAYS get better.

Stokes

Established Member
Reaction score
Losing your hair is not as bad as losing your legs.

You can do something about it. A wig, get on the big 3.

Keep fighting mate.