Seinfeld Episode 102 Clip: Hair Is Life

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sucks for everyone, just in different ways. You have to try to keep it in perspective though, and know that in the end it doesn't really matter for any of us. We'll all find someone who loves us(hopefully), and grow old with them. At that point it's just another part of growing old.

well I don't know how old you are, but generally speaking at a certain point everyone goes through the pain of getting old and not being as attractive as they once were. it happens to everyone, to us it just happens way earlier.

and unfortunately I disagree, some of us will never find that persona and will not make a family, sadly for most bald guys the % of that is higher.
I know quite a bit of bald guys who are almost 40 and are single. and have been single for years.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's never too late. It's true though, some of us won't find that partner to grow old with. Hopefully we won't be in that group. I thought I had found that one girl, and after over 5 years she turned out to be nothing but a liar so the search continues.

if you still look good as a bald guy (and I assume you are based on what you said) then you wouldn't have much issues finding the one.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that easy to find a girl that is trustworthy and compatible once you pass 30. They're out there, but you have to sift through a lot of garbage to get to them. I wish I'd settled down in my early twenties.
well I personally find the "MGTW" mentality helpful, if I don't think about women in a romantic way and completely shut that notion off of my mind, then going bald and being unattractive feels a little tiny better.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Meh. We have totally different perspectives. I have no trouble getting attractive girls even as a NW4-5. It absolutely sucks though having to actually try when you're used to them throwing themselves at you, and getting wet before they even get their pants off. Having perfect tens nervously approach you to flirt with you is a feeling that just isn't replaceable. Being with an attractive girl because you're good enough can't compare to the trembling hands and beating heart of someone who feels like she's just won the lottery.
Really bro? I dont know you, maybe you were a model, but I dont think perfect 10s nervously approach anybody lol

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not that easy to find a girl that is trustworthy and compatible once you pass 30. They're out there, but you have to sift through a lot of garbage to get to them. I wish I'd settled down in my early twenties.
You talking like if you 'find the one' or 'settle down' then that's it, you are set for the rest of your. It doesnt work like this anymore, with today's situation it is most likely you end up divorced, and sometimes sooner than later, going back to dating market.
I believe there is no end point in today's world, you always need to keep work on yourself, keep your looks and health for longest that you can, improve yourself, save money, and be prepared for anything, there are no guruantees

My brother is in his early 30s, just now going through divorce. After 7 years of marriage and 2 kids. needless to say he lives now in shitty apartment and has zero money. The funny thing is that he has been balding for years now, but it didnt bother him, also he completely neglected himself, never work out, zero shape, zero care for appearance. Just recently he suddenly start to be all concern - he had cosmetic surgery, and really bother with his hairloss, trying all kinda sh*t to save what left. It's obviously since he knows he is out of relationship now, but it is really too late, he looks old now. There is even good chance his wife just didnt find him attractive anymore (big part due to baldness Im sure) and that was one of the causes to the divorce.

Of course this is only one example, but I see it all around me in my personal life, everybody getting divorce, there is literally only one couple I know that stayed married for long term (30 years). And as statistics say - 80% of divorce are intiated by the woman. Well, I dont blame them, I would do it too if I found my partner getting really unattractive to me, and I thought I cant get something better outside, this is life.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, we live in a shallow and narcissitic society now, and it sounds like you're part of the problem if you'd divorce someone because they are getting older. I don't know where you live, but around me there are lots of marriages that work out, but of course half don't. It's hard to find true love these days because people only love themselves now. Isn't post-modernism wonderful?
first, I forgot to mention, I live in a relatively conservative society, so Im sure the situation is worse in others places (dont know where you are from).
But you really say Im "part of the problem"? The fact that society go toward (maybe) a worse path, doesnt say nothing about the individual. I dont go to women and tell them they are stupid for leaving their partners and end up lonely with cats, everyone makes his choices, and if they prefer to be alone than with someone they dont like, so it be. If they regret about their decisions? their problems, everybody do whatever the f*** he wants and deal with the consequences. blaming people for making decisions that YOU think is bad for them is just ignorance.
Of course I didnt mean that im going just to leave my partner if she gets old, of course there is much more than that, it is much more complex, there are lots of variables, and maybe even in the future I put much less emphasize on looks. But bottom line I do what I think is best for me, I dont appologize for no one, even if people think it shallow, who cares. 5 years ago I actually broke with my past gf for 2 years, and one of the reason was that I wasnt attracted to her anymore. I dont regret it at all, it was good decision.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I was kinda ok with what you said, until you called me ignorant, cause Im not actually.
I dont know how you define shallow, but caring about partner's look or my look isnt shallow. For me shallow is more like someone who doesnt have anything going for him beside his look, and all his life surrounds meaningless stuff.
But I actually have alot going on- Im software engineer working in high paid job in a successful startup as senior developer, I studied CS in the top university in my country and graduated with honors, I have knowledge in many areas and different hobbies, I do sports etc etc.
And still care about look, of mine and my partner.

So of course you can judge, you can do whatever you want, but calling me shallow, in my opinion, is not quite true. And calling me ignorant is just objectively wrong.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok you didnt understood what i was saying, I didnt mean I gonna dump my woman as soon as she add 3 pounds, its was just simple way to put it. As I said it is more complex than that and it's hard to explain or discuss it over messages, Im sure if we would talk face to face you will understand better. But it's too of topic and I actually dont have interest to keep this argument, Im in this forum mainly for the general discussion about society, hairloss and stuff, not to discuss my private life and the decisions I make.