seeing people you haven't seen for a while

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
You know, if it weren't for the possibility of bumping into people I used to know, I probably would just shave my head and let it be obvious to the world that I'm losing my hair. I dread running into an old friend, or old girlfriend and getting the inevitable "wow, where did you hair go" look/comment. Then they'll tell their little group of friends, pretty soon the entire world thinks I'm just some bald loser.

Is this an irrational fear, or does anybody feel similar?

Trebor

Reaction score
It is a rational fear, of course, but one that you, like many others, have to face and conquer one way or another.

s.a.f

Reaction score
This is one of the things that made me stay at home every friday and saturday night throughout my 20's. :cry:
Dont make the same mistake bud.

CCS

Reaction score
sgfdsgfd

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
This is one of the things that made me stay at home every friday and saturday night throughout my 20's. :cry:

but you had a ball every other night of the week, right???

CCS

Reaction score
ginald said:
s.a.f said:

but you had a ball every other night of the week, right???

hahaha!

CCS

Reaction score
to sum it up, looks matter but you don't have to stay home. fix what you can fix and you can get decent lookig women, though maybe not the really pretty ones.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
askas said:
ceee said:
You know, if it weren't for the possibility of bumping into people I used to know, I probably would just shave my head and let it be obvious to the world that I'm losing my hair. I dread running into an old friend, or old girlfriend and getting the inevitable "wow, where did you hair go" look/comment. Then they'll tell their little group of friends, pretty soon the entire world thinks I'm just some bald loser.

Is this an irrational fear, or does anybody feel similar?

I shaved my head.I have similar repulsion to public places.What can I say...it's complete crap.Everybody stares at you.But...if you go every time you can, they'l get used to you perhaps.But I don't enjoy it as I did before.I just don't have attention from girls, they don't treat me now, I even don't want to go there.

I'm not repulsed by public places, I just don't like the idea of seeing an ex and being bald. It's kind of along the same lines of how you don't want an ex to see you with a woman that is less attractive than her. Not really about being bald at all, I guess.

:?

CCS

Reaction score
askas said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
to sum it up, looks matter but you don't have to stay home. fix what you can fix and you can get decent lookig women, though maybe not the really pretty ones.

What about mw6?

If a NW6 used to be able to get 8's back when he was a NW1, and he shaves his head, he will probably be able to get 7's. Though if his head shape is bad enough, his prospects may drop 1.5 points. It sucks, but it does not mean the end of daing. It is unlikely he can get 8's again unless he gets in much better shape or makes more money without working crazy hours. If his head shape is good enough, he might only drop half a point. NW6 is a lot worse than NW2, but a lot of the difference can be made up for after shaving the head. He'll never be as good looking as at NW1, though. Even vin disel has all his roots in front. He looks like a NW1 or NW1.5 to me, unless the avatar I saw was of him younger, and he saved then too. Money can raise you almost a point. So can muscle. But if your face is messed up, the best body will only get you so far. A skinny guy with a perfect face will do better than an inshape guy with a below average face, usually, unless the skinny guy is broom stick skinny. Fat is generally worse because the fat goes on the face too and messes that up.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
askas said:

What about mw6?

If a NW6 used to be able to get 8's back when he was a NW1, and he shaves his head, he will probably be able to get 7's. Though if his head shape is bad enough, his prospects may drop 1.5 points. It sucks, but it does not mean the end of daing. It is unlikely he can get 8's again unless he gets in much better shape or makes more money without working crazy hours. If his head shape is good enough, he might only drop half a point. NW6 is a lot worse than NW2, but a lot of the difference can be made up for after shaving the head. He'll never be as good looking as at NW1, though. Even vin disel has all his roots in front. He looks like a NW1 or NW1.5 to me, unless the avatar I saw was of him younger, and he saved then too. Money can raise you almost a point. So can muscle. But if your face is messed up, the best body will only get you so far. A skinny guy with a perfect face will do better than an inshape guy with a below average face, usually, unless the skinny guy is broom stick skinny. Fat is generally worse because the fat goes on the face too and messes that up.

At first I thought you were talking out your arse with your 1-10 ratings system, but honestly, it's starting to grow on me.

As for Diesel, he's been bald for a while. Any appearance of a hairline in films is all makeup.

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
omg CCS... still doing it huh.
how do you know if some dude has hair what ? drops 1.5 points?
where do you come up with these stuff?
howard stern is doing the wack pack audition. you should try.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I do have to admit to being shocked if I see an old classmate eg their picture in the local newspaper and they are bald.

Yeah but how frustrating is it being with a 6/7 and knowing that its only your hair thats preventing you from being with that 9 you really want to be with.
Ps Bet your mate Josh ain't bald.
PPs Was'nt having a ball monday-thursday either. :cry:

G

This obsession with female appearance is starting to become really disturbing. Why the heck do you guys care if you're with a 9 over a 7? Is it really that big of a deal? If the 9 has a stellar personality and the 7 is a wack job I can understand your point, but appearance is only a portion of what makes a woman appealing.

If all I went by was posts on here I would get the impression that appearance is 99% and you are a failure if you don't have a 10 inch penis or a NW1 hairline. Again, just really disturbing.

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
If all I went by was posts on here I would get the impression that appearance is 99% and you are a failure if you don't have a 10 inch penis or a NW1 hairline.

A true voice of reason in this thread.

You guys should realize that looks are just one factor when you are scoring women. In my opinion confidence and just a little bit rude (in a good sense) behavior turns women on.

You should always remember that women are like puppys. If you run towards one it will most likely try to run away. If you try to run away, it will run after you :lol:

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
If all I went by was posts on here I would get the impression that appearance is 99% and you are a failure if you don't have a 10 inch penis or a NW1 hairline. Again, just really disturbing.

i can sympathise with that viewpoint, jayman and i hope that i dont sound patronising when i say that.

mind you i have a 10 incher and a full head of hair so i guess i can afford to be flippant around you lesser men.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

This is a little hypocritical, isn't it? You have more hair than anyone here, yet have 1500 posts in a few months. I don't think you're in a position to criticize anyone for how much value they put on their hair.

Just an observation. :)

G

ceee said:
JayMan said:

This is a little hypocritical, isn't it? You have more hair than anyone here, yet have 1500 posts in a few months. I don't think you're in a position to criticize anyone for how much value they put on their hair.

Just an observation. :)

I spend most of my time on here helping other peopel out with their situations.

I've never said I'd feel like a failure without either.

Oh and bubka has more hair than I do by the way. :wink: