Scientist says he found definitive proof that God exists.

Jacob

Reaction score
They are not good because many scientists say and understand that. Even those that don't think it's impossible really have a hard time explaining it with those odds. "all the ingredients for life"- what are the odds of them coming from nothing? Then they'd have to miraculously come together- and this is after dust just miraculously clumped together to form the earth(imagine how much would be needed for just a small rock)..water, etc..the sun just happens to be the correct distance..the moon...on and on. Then the link I just posted on DNA.

I'm assuming you mean the first link- the interview. I've posted other things since..but if he stands by what was quoted:
“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence”, he affirmed. “Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore.” and “To me it is clear that we exists in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”.....then it's pretty clear(I did say "God" probably shouldn't be in the headline of the article).

Last edited:

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My belief is that there is a god who created everything, but he does not intervene with any of our worldly matters. Just created the universe and said "Go".

Different from any major religion who cares about who is banging who and who is eating or drinking what.

"God is a spectator, Scully. He just reads the box scores."

Reaction score
I've asked elsewhere for just one transitional fossil record showing a transition from one critter to another or to humans.
Scientists at suiss chem corporation Ciba-Geigy were able to revert wood fern (a contemporary species) among other to a far, far precursor by exposing it (spores) to a static electric field.
On the odds: "If you take into consideration everything that came together to make life on Earth happen [...]"
It is unsound (requires proof) to assume the universe to have the purpose to create (earthly) life.
A classic in creationist's faulty logic.
The initial point can only be that there is no such purpose; in this case odds do not matter and (earthly) life is indeed a product of chance (and it suffices that probability is greater than zero); and an 'alive' form is no different than a 'non-alive' form, governed by the very same physical laws. As member pegasus2 said earlier in the thread, it is only (some) humans who put an (emotional) emphasis to (their own) existence.

Last edited:

Jacob

Reaction score
Perfect occasion for a shrugging(with the hands going up)and face palm smiley. Or an arrow pointing to my previous(#18) post.

Last edited:

Jacob

Reaction score
Of course the Earth is the perfect distance from the sun for our kind of life. The only way life could evolve on earth was if it evolved in such a way to be able to survive this climate. There is bound to be life elsewhere in the universe that would not be able to survive on a planet like ours, because it evolved in a much different environment. Which environment is perfect, ours or theirs? Any environment is perfect to the life that evolves in it.

"Of course"...but the point is- the odds. And it starting from nothing..and the earth miraculously forming into what it is(remember, it's not just rock..it has that spicy hot core, etc) It's not just the distance either. It's the size. Same with the moon. On and on. We could pretend life has evolved on the sun too- nuclear bugs keeping things working up there ;) And there's a reason why scientists/astronomers look for certain things to determine if a planet can sustain life.

Did I mention that DNA issue? :D

BTW..here's an interesting tidbit on Plate Tectonics

Unlike on Venus and Mars, the crust of the Earth is constantly being recycled. This keeps the carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere from getting too high or too low. If the levels become too high, (as they did on Venus) they act as a greenhouse gas and the planet becomes too hot. Liquid water evaporates and the surface of the planet dries up. If the levels become too low, the planet cools and an ice age begins. This has happened several times in Earth’s history, but each time, because of the motion of the plates and the continued recycling of the carbon in rocks, carbon was released into the atmosphere eventually raising the levels of carbon dioxide and allowing the planet to warm again. Without this carbon cycle, planets don’t seem to be able to maintain a climate balance appropriate to sustain life.

Yep..just another coinkadink. Just like the earth's core...all the million other things....

Last edited:

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait, Creationism is still a 'thing'? I remember when I got online in the mid '90s and was actually astonished that such a belief set actually existed.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Wait, Creationism is still a 'thing'? I remember when I got online in the mid '90s and was actually astonished that such a belief set actually existed.
the earth IS 6000 years old. carbon-dating is just a fascist's tool used to convince others into believing their lies. -sarcasm-

Jacob

Reaction score
bekims cousin..what are you referring to?

lickawrist..my favorites are those carbon-dated to be millions of years old and then found to be frauds. Or it's millions and millions of years old and extinct..yet later found to still be around/alive and unchanged- no evolution.