Scientist says he found definitive proof that God exists.

Jacob

Reaction score
If anyone has listened to this guy over the years..it's a bit surprising coming from him.

http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist-says-he-found-definitive-proof-that-god-exists-2/

- - - Updated - - -

“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence”, he affirmed. “Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore.”
“To me it is clear that we exists in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
If God exists then he's a ****. To paraphrase Stephen Fry, any god that could create an insect who's lifecycle involves living in then burrowing out of children's eyeballs, is a monstrous God. If he can allow such a thing, then he's surely having a good old laugh at us. Maybe male pattern baldness is God's version of a sitcom.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Jacob

Reaction score
If God exists then he's a ****. To paraphrase Stephen Fry, any god that could create an insect who's lifecycle involves living in then burrowing out of children's eyeballs, is a monstrous God. If he can allow such a thing, then he's surely having a good old laugh at us. Maybe male pattern baldness is God's version of a sitcom.

And of course every person wants to play God and say how they'd do things. And yet I can guarantee none of them do so when it comes to their own personal life- how they treat some people..etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Recently Elon Musk said that we might be living in a simulation; http://www.vox.com/2016/6/2/11837608/elon-musk-simulation-argument.

Other highly intelligent people back him in this Neil DeGrasse Tyson etc; http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...-its-very-likely-the-universe-is-a-simulation.

Yeah I've read that. I guess things are just so complex and impossible to figure out people think "outside the box".

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

exactly. any God that would submit an entire continent to starvation, disease and slow death by parasites has to be a complete f*cking scumbag. Even worst, child sex trafficking and child rape... you say this to any devote christian and their responses are hilarious at best. "everything happens for a reason. God has a plan". for what reason, or for what plan would a CHILD have to slowly pull a 4ft long worm out of her leg slowly to avoid death. What is the plan behind a child getting raped and murdered. f*ck God.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My belief is that there is a god who created everything, but he does not intervene with any of our worldly matters. Just created the universe and said "Go".

Different from any major religion who cares about who is banging who and who is eating or drinking what.

Jacob

Reaction score
You don't find it possible? What do you believe in?

Not really. They both seem to be saying that we're created by somebody(they just make it more interesting by saying we're in a "video game" or "simulation")- Tyson says: "And if that's the case, it is easy for me to imagine that everything in our lives is just the creation of some other entity for their entertainment". Kind of ironic coming from someone who loves to mock those who believe in Creation- which is what I believe. I guess as long as you stay away from "God" and "religion" it's ok. You can believe aliens or whatever created us and all the evil etc that goes on is just part of their crazy game or simulation they've created, but mention God and Creation and sin causing evil etc and you're a loony and God's a sick you-know-what. Hey, even I pretend I'm God sometimes. Question a lot of things.

Reaction score
mention God and Creation and sin causing evil etc and you're a loony and God's a sick you-know-what.
God is (ancient) man's creation; man created god(s) to his own image. Very apparent so.
When people talk about "god", they never define what they (exactly) mean by that word, it is an empty word/phrase. And, if you force them to define it, then they (apparently) start to make up things (create their personal god, whatever) from hearsay and wishful thinking.
The other possibility is they refuse to define anything, and it remains an empty phrase.
Anyway, without ancient scriptures of mythology, there would not be a concept of "god" like it is in widespread use today (or derivatives thereof, i.e. id, creationism, but also more "scientific" variants). Because such a concept is by no means self-evident.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm agnostic and I find these discussions of metaphysics pointless.

Jacob

Reaction score
God is (ancient) man's creation; man created god(s) to his own image. Very apparent so.
When people talk about "god", they never define what they (exactly) mean by that word, it is an empty word/phrase. And, if you force them to define it, then they (apparently) start to make up things (create their personal god, whatever) from hearsay and wishful thinking.
The other possibility is they refuse to define anything, and it remains an empty phrase.
Anyway, without ancient scriptures of mythology, there would not be a concept of "god" like it is in widespread use today (or derivatives thereof, i.e. id, creationism, but also more "scientific" variants). Because such a concept is by no means self-evident.

Everything you said there could be said about those others we were just talking about. "Start to make up things from hearsay and wishful thinking" as in- being in a video game or simulation or created by aliens, etc? It is not just wishful thinking. There's logic involved...seeing how complex things are and the lack of actual macro-evolution evidence(which is why people are moving away from everything just happening by "chance") as well as what theoretical physicist Michio Kaku said in the link above. Some are even in another way making things God-like..saying the universe has no beginning or end: http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantum-equation-universe.html

- - - Updated - - -

"Ancient scriptures of mythology"? Dream on. Grab just one issue of Biblical Archeology or go to their website. Or even watch such evidence being shown on National Geographic or in their magazine- far from a religious source. A concept of God started long before scriptures as well.

resu

Reaction score
exactly. any God that would submit an entire continent to starvation, disease and slow death by parasites has to be a complete f*cking scumbag. Even worst, child sex trafficking and child rape... you say this to any devote christian and their responses are hilarious at best. "everything happens for a reason. God has a plan". for what reason, or for what plan would a CHILD have to slowly pull a 4ft long worm out of her leg slowly to avoid death. What is the plan behind a child getting raped and murdered. f*ck God.

If it was a simulation why would it matter? Same thing as killing someone in a video-game. Although I don't think we're living in one or that there is a God in the classical sense.

Jacob

Reaction score
LMFAO !!! Almost spilled my coffee just reading the title of the thread!!

I have that same reaction every time I read that they have evidence for the big bang. Even more so when that evidence gets thrown out the window or they move on to other things such as- the universe has no beginning.

The title probably shouldn't even say "God" btw..it's what the article uses but he seems to be saying any kind of higher intelligence.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was raised to believe in a God, but no longer do for a while. The reason is because there is no credible evidence for the existence of any God. Michio Kaku is a great scientist, although a scientific theory possibly pointing out the existence of God just isn't enough, for me at least.

Reaction score
There's logic involved...seeing how complex things are and the lack of actual macro-evolution evidence(which is why people are moving away from everything just happening by "chance") as well as what theoretical physicist Michio Kaku said in the link above.

Complexity is no indication of the existence of an intelligent creator.
Complexity can derive (or derives) from repeated application of simple rules to the result (and postulating a creator turns things upside down: starting of from maximum complexity out of nowhere).

More to the fact is that man created a creator as a tool to exert power.
Man belives in a creator in the hope of being able to change "fate".
Obviously a creator is only meaningful as long as it is useful..
An anthropocentric concept, and all such concepts have been debunked, a superflous concept, cut by Occam's razor.

Ok, people fabulating about the oh-so "complex" universe, somehow deriving thereof the necessity of a creator.. If we look at some creations of the only known (higher) intelligence - man's - we find nothing like the universe; instead we find purpose, direction, decreasing entropy, decreasing redundance. I cannot see how the known universe can be attributed with any of these. It appears like the dullest thing imaginable - it's an unimaginably big space ever extending, with a negligible amount of matter thrown in, exhausting its "free" energy and "dying" a thermal death asap... oh well.

Btw, this new forum is awful - not a product of intelligence apparently..

Last edited:

Jacob

Reaction score
You're going to also have to tell that to those(some mentioned above) who believe we're part of a video game or simulation or aliens are involved or any other # of things - because the odds and complexity have everything to do with it. People are moving away from the silly notion that everything came about by "chance". Complexity is plenty enough evidence for the existence of an intelligent creator or creators or God. There is no credible evidence that things came about from nothing- and evolved into what they are today. I've asked elsewhere for just one transitional fossil record showing a transition from one critter to another or to humans. It doesn't exist. The best you'll find are bones and fossils here and there and then a major leap of faith with artists' depictions of what they want it to be. Nearly complete or complete skeletons and fossils are claimed to be transitional examples yet even evolutionists argue over them and there's nothing before or after each one showing any transition, or the plant or animal is found to still be around/alive and unchanged after all those millions of years. One could also post numerous examples of scientists or the military etc studying critters because of how insanely complex they are- no way to explain them via "chance" An example: "These organs have caught the attention of the U.S. Air Force. Beetles have reputedly been observed flocking to fire zones miles away. Such sensitivity to infrared heat radiation, if true, would be far beyond the power of modern instruments. Not surprisingly, the U.S. military is interested in developing better ways to detect enemy aircraft and hide its own aircraft. So several research programs are seeking to understand and mimic the long-range infrared sensitivity of Melanophila beetles and similar insects."

On the odds: "If you take into consideration everything that came together to make life on Earth happen, the odds are truly mind-blowing. For some perspective, the odds of all the cards coming together to deal a royal flush in five-card poker is one in 649,740. The odds that all factors came together in the right order, at the right time, to create life are Earth are, according to Dr. Ali Binazir, one in 102,685,000. That’s as likely as two million people each rolling the exact same number on a trillion sided die"

Edit: But yeah..this forum is going to take a bit of getting used to. Didn't see a way to put things in quotes option..and I'm still not seeing this showing up as a new post.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the odds: "If you take into consideration everything that came together to make life on Earth happen, the odds are truly mind-blowing. For some perspective, the odds of all the cards coming together to deal a royal flush in five-card poker is one in 649,740. The odds that all factors came together in the right order, at the right time, to create life are Earth are, according to Dr. Ali Binazir, one in 102,685,000. That’s as likely as two million people each rolling the exact same number on a trillion sided die"

The odds of things coming together in such a way as to create life are actually quite good. Things could've come together in any number of ways and still created life, it would just be different than the kind of life we know. Life as we know it is only special to us because that is the life that we know. Just like when you deal five cards, all of those 1 million+ different combinations are all equal. It is only we who place an extra value on that one particular outcome that we call a royal flush.