Scientific Evidence That Edging Increases Hairloss?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I reckon I once read that edging (sexual stimulation extended over time, in my case it's been 60 days since I last ejaculated) that it increases androgen receptor density or something along the lines.

Can someone find actual scientific papers?

It's one of the few things I enjoy in life, just enjoying edging for like an hour, and it helps me practice against my lifelong problems with premature ejaculation. But now , as everything surrounding hairloss, im not able to fully enjoy it thinking that im speeding up my f*****g hairloss. Can I at least take a f*****g break?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score

If it changes androgen receptor sensitivity as I remember reading somewhere, it would speed up balding. Im just not sure if this was a paper or a forum post with people commenting this experience.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
where does the obsession with masturbation come from? so many people think masturbation does this and this..

if you are interested on wikipedia article about hairloss they link studies that is has absolutely zero effect on hairloss

if you bald or not is an exclusiv question of genetics...and even working out in the gym raises your testosterone and dht lvl more than jerking off

BeHereNow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
where does the obsession with masturbation come from? so many people think masturbation does this and this..

if you are interested on wikipedia article about hairloss they link studies that is has absolutely zero effect on hairloss

if you bald or not is an exclusiv question of genetics...and even working out in the gym raises your testosterone and dht lvl more than jerking off

I questioned one of the proponents of this theory on here once and he seemed to be working from the assumptions that men were masturbating more these days (with the ready availability of p**rn) and that more men were going bald and at a younger age.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I questioned one of the proponents of this theory on here once and he seemed to be working from the assumptions that men were masturbating more these days (with the ready availability of p*rn) and that more men were going bald and at a younger age.

post a study that says there are more balding people nowadays compared to 50 or 100 years. anything that isnt just an anecdotal report

and i have another question: do you go bald from sex too according to this people?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I questioned one of the proponents of this theory on here once and he seemed to be working from the assumptions that men were masturbating more these days (with the ready availability of p*rn) and that more men were going bald and at a younger age.

Im talking about edging. That is, sexual stimulation without release. I wonder if that has an impact on your endocrine system and thus hairloss related.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
post a study that says there are more balding people nowadays compared to 50 or 100 years. anything that isnt just an anecdotal report

and i have another question: do you go bald from sex too according to this people?

Only a fool thinks men are not balding earlier these days. Its such a common observation that it doesn't need to be studied.

Example, I have a pub/nightclub and it has many photos of the nightlife in the 80s and 90s, long before I owned it. Hundreds of photos over 20 years, just a few balding heads out of hundreds of people. But I look over the crowd now on a busy night, and holy sh*t, every 5th guy has worse hair than me, even though they are likely 10 years younger than me. And I'm even giving the hat wearers and shaved guys the benefit of the doubt. And the kicker is we have meds and concealer options that didn't exist 20-30 years ago. So yeah, I'm not agreeing with masturbation causes hair loss, but SOMETHING is certainly amiss.

INT

Reaction score
Only a fool thinks men are not balding earlier these days. Its such a common observation that it doesn't need to be studied.

Example, I have a pub/nightclub and it has many photos of the nightlife in the 80s and 90s, long before I owned it. Hundreds of photos over 20 years, just a few balding heads out of hundreds of people. But I look over the crowd now on a busy night, and holy sh*t, every 5th guy has worse hair than me, even though they are likely 10 years younger than me. And I'm even giving the hat wearers and shaved guys the benefit of the doubt. And the kicker is we have meds and concealer options that didn't exist 20-30 years ago. So yeah, I'm not agreeing with masturbation causes hair loss, but SOMETHING is certainly amiss.

Only a fool takes anecdotal observations like that serious. As long as there is no data, it is only an assumption

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
GMOs in our food came.out in the 90s. Also adding hgh to increase production in meat And dairy may unbalance our hormones . And more p**rn at our fingertips. Im old enough to notice the increase i see in male pattern baldness today in younger males

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
GMOs in our food came.out in the 90s. Also adding hgh to increase production in meat And dairy may unbalance our hormones . And more p*rn at our fingertips. Im old enough to notice the increase i see in male pattern baldness today in younger males

There's nothing wrong with GMOs and p**rn. There is no increase. It's been steady forever.
a) you're just more exposed to photos through the media revolution
b) people tend to be more vocal about this issue and they are generally more focused on their image (thanks to a))
c) you notice it more because you're affected yourself and want to have a reason why you are affected. It's genetics. Accept it. You're coping right now.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with GMOs and p*rn. There is no increase. It's been steady forever.
a) you're just more exposed to photos through the media revolution
b) people tend to be more vocal about this issue and they are generally more focused on their image (thanks to a))
c) you notice it more because you're affected yourself and want to have a reason why you are affected. It's genetics. Accept it. You're coping right now.
Do more research on GMOs . And than get back to me