Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls a few points about this:
-Pretty sure this has very good success because the fabric is keeping the wound open for extended periods of time as it slowly dissolves (it is a dissolvable stitch). So the body naturally continues to send growth and repair factors to it to heal it. It just so happens the hair follicles are right there so they reap the benefits for extended periods of time till the stich is dissolved.
-I'm surprised there has been little to no talk of this in the derm community. Maybe it has something to do with daphne (sp) being on the follica board. Honestly I do not think this discovery helps follica one bit, only hurts us, the consumer. I'm sure if we got dermatologists on board with this then once word got out it would spread to other derm offices just like prp. Remember, prp procedure is a quick strike against male pattern baldness but this dissolving stich is like a continue release of growth factors, deep growth factors at that.
-if you search online you will see a couple other pictures. They are not as good as the one shown in this study but still definite improvement! Sorry I don't have the link handy.

itsAlright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys and girls a few points about this:
-Pretty sure this has very good success because the fabric is keeping the wound open for extended periods of time as it slowly dissolves (it is a dissolvable stitch). So the body naturally continues to send growth and repair factors to it to heal it. It just so happens the hair follicles are right there so they reap the benefits for extended periods of time till the stich is dissolved.
-I'm surprised there has been little to no talk of this in the derm community. Maybe it has something to do with daphne (sp) being on the follica board. Honestly I do not think this discovery helps follica one bit, only hurts us, the consumer. I'm sure if we got dermatologists on board with this then once word got out it would spread to other derm offices just like prp. Remember, prp procedure is a quick strike against male pattern baldness but this dissolving stich is like a continue release of growth factors, deep growth factors at that.
-if you search online you will see a couple other pictures. They are not as good as the one shown in this study but still definite improvement! Sorry I don't have the link handy.

I don't see how this could possibly hurt us. If any thing this is a treatment that could be available almost immediately since PDO (polydioxanone) sutures are FDA approved. The picture they provided spoke volumes, there is no way I could disguise the diffuse hairloss that guy had like some awful Histogen comb-over photo.

The science behind wound healing has been shown to be effective, it is not PRP. So, here is to hoping this treatment can buy us time to be saved by Tsuji, Korean Tsuji, or Italian Tsuji.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see how this could possibly hurt us. If any thing this is a treatment that could be available almost immediately since PDO (polydioxanone) sutures are FDA approved. The picture they provided spoke volumes, there is no way I could disguise the diffuse hairloss that guy had like some awful Histogen comb-over photo.

The science behind wound healing has been shown to be effective, it is not PRP. So, here is to hoping this treatment can buy us time to be saved by Tsuji, Korean Tsuji, or Italian Tsuji.

Yes it will only help us, not hurt us, IF..it becomes avavailable. Have you or anyone else heard that this will be available in the near future?? I haven' seen any hint that this will be provided. If I had a dollar every time I saw an effective study, I'd have a large pocket of cash. I WANT this to come out but don't throw a party until it actually becomes available.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really just a techniqe. is that something you can patent ? I mean if someone learns the correct depth of the threading which all the info is in the article, any doctor could learn and perform this , and if it works like we think make alot of money. What maye an hour to do this at 500 bucks a pop. Might pass this on to Dr. Cole ,he's always into new stuff

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really just a techniqe. is that something you can patent ? I mean if someone learns the correct depth of the threading which all the info is in the article, any doctor could learn and perform this , and if it works like we think make alot of money. What maye an hour to do this at 500 bucks a pop. Might pass this on to Dr. Cole ,he's always into new stuff

500?! thats wild, way too expensive. I don't see why you'd need a doctor, couldn't a beauty therapist do it?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys if you want this to be available then you have to advertise it to doctors. Scream it from the roof top. Let them know how easy and inexpensive it is. But if we don't advertise it, lwt them know how easy it is to perform, it will pass us just like the hundred other "novel" treatments that have never been available despite theit effectiveness. I think Dr. COLE is a great place to start. Any Dr. That does prp need to be pushed to do this as they will be more open minded.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys if you want this to be available then you have to advertise it to doctors. Scream it from the roof top. Let them know how easy and inexpensive it is. But if we don't advertise it, lwt them know how easy it is to perform, it will pass us just like the hundred other "novel" treatments that have never been available despite theit effectiveness. I think Dr. COLE is a great place to start. Any Dr. That does prp need to be pushed to do this as they will be more open minded.
What's his email

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
500?! thats wild, way too expensive. I don't see why you'd need a doctor, couldn't a beauty therapist do it?
I don't
know who could do it, not much more invasive than a tatoo. I said 500 because a Doctor won't do anything for less

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the mode of action is similar to wounding dermarolling does this continous wounding benefit. Also imply that we should dermarol deeper amd more often to get better results ? I.e weekly or even quicker and deeper 1.5mm to 2.5mm ?

Or somewhere inbetween as we arr constantly breaking the skin ?

I read online someone got good results dermarolling 1mm every 3rd day... thats close to continous wounding.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strong competition hopefully, it'll make Follica release their product sooner, that's what a lot of these hair loss companies don't have COMPETITION.

I did find it interesting a while back when a bunch of companies came out with late 2017 - 2019 releases date in quick succession, after years of nothing except "We're doing trials". It was Histogen that went first I think.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score

There isn't a member on these boards who wouldn't pay $500 for something that could produce that sort of result. If this is genuine anyway. If this treatment doesn't set the internet alight soon I won't have much faith in that being the case.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since the mode of action is similar to wounding dermarolling does this continous wounding benefit. Also imply that we should dermarol deeper amd more often to get better results ? I.e weekly or even quicker and deeper 1.5mm to 2.5mm ?

Or somewhere inbetween as we arr constantly breaking the skin ?

I read online someone got good results dermarolling 1mm every 3rd day... thats close to continous wounding.

Yes i'm wondering the exact same thing. Does anybody with an understanding of the science have an opinion on this? I'm thinking maybe I should start derma rolling 3 times a week.

And since this treatment was so successful,safe and easy shouldnt this procedure be getting marketed/offered by dermatologists/doctors almost immediately? It's like getting a good transplant for 1/20 of the cost.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i'm wondering the exact same thing. Does anybody with an understanding of the science have an opinion on this? I'm thinking maybe I should start derma rolling 3 times a week.

And since this treatment was so successful,safe and easy shouldnt this procedure be getting marketed/offered by dermatologists/doctors almost immediately? It's like getting a good transplant for 1/20 of the cost.
This thread is the best news i have seen on hairloss treatments for the last 15 years i have been reading ! People should be jumping up and down that this has been found. No sides no chemicals and results better than dermarolling 1/20 the cost of a hair transplant and endleedlessly repeatable.. results lasting 18 month's is awesome minimal maintenance maybe annual dermarolling and this method everty 3 to 5 years is a functional cure.. this is huge news and blows most other treatments out of the water

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is the best news i have seen on hairloss treatments for the last 15 years i have been reading ! People should be jumping up and down that this has been found. No sides no chemicals and results better than dermarolling 1/20 the cost of a hair transplant and endleedlessly repeatable.. results lasting 18 month's is awesome minimal maintenance maybe annual dermarolling and this method everty 3 to 5 years is a functional cure.. this is huge news and blows most other treatments out of the water
Thanks. New ALTERNATIVES will be here soon. AGAIN.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I m sorry but figure 2 just looks like a massive combover. its extremely easy to manipulate how your hair looks on pics with long hair. they just combed the hair on thicker areas (sides, back) towards the sides and back in the before pic, and then all towards the middle in the after one. why not show a guy with short hair under the same light and angle if there was such an increase?

this is highly unethical and posting such low quality pics in studies should be sanctioned. maybe more companies would turn to looking for an actual product instead of just trying to scam people then.

do you guys seriously not notice it? i understand the desperation and hope, but come on.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Vernon I understand your points. Yes it is a bit of a combover however you can't deny that it helped. If you want better picS do a search online and you will see there a couple of more pics from the study floating out there. It' not a cure, there isn' complete regrowth or anything like that but it 100% definitely helps and provides more coverage. I would say it gives back about 20% of your hair which is a win in my book considering what we have available today. This will fly by the waist side unless we make it know to the public (doctors) that we want this fyi. Doctors are happy right now making hand over first with prp.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Remember this was done on people who previously used 10% minoxidil and finasteride with no results. So this alone could be better than those for some and excellent for those who respond to them. Again, assuming it would be around 500 bucks it's damn sure worth a try

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So who’s gonna bite the bullet and be the first one to ask a surgeon to do this for them? Anyone? ;)