Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but from your explanation, it doesn't sound to me like you gave hair loss treatments a fair shake.

First of all, 1 month is nowhere near enough for dutasteride or finasteride, at the very least wait 3 months to see anything, preferably 6 months.

It sounds like you are trying out treatments for 1 month and since they don't work in 1 month you chalk it up to being a non-responder.

Imagine you're overweight, and you exercise for 1 month, trying out only one method of exercise, and you don't see any changes in the mirror. Would you say exercising just isn't for you? That it will never work because that one exercise you tried for 1 month didn't make you look better in the mirror? You have to try different exercises for a certain number of months, take pics, and be patient. It's the same with hair loss treatments, even harder, growing hair is more stubborn.

I guess I'm very paranoid so if I start using something and it causes more shedding I tend to freak out and assume I'm having an allergic reaction or something. The only thing I've tried long term was finasteride (1mg./day for around 11 months). Had bad shedding even towards the end so I discontinued.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess I'm very paranoid so if I start using something and it causes more shedding I tend to freak out and assume I'm having an allergic reaction or something. The only thing I've tried long term was finasteride (1mg./day for around 11 months). Had bad shedding even towards the end so I discontinued.

Did you take pics during these 11 months?

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but from your explanation, it doesn't sound to me like you gave hair loss treatments a fair shake.

First of all, 1 month is nowhere near enough for dutasteride or finasteride, at the very least wait 3 months to see anything, preferably 6 months.

It sounds like you are trying out treatments for 1 month and since they don't work in 1 month you chalk it up to being a non-responder.

Imagine you're overweight, and you exercise for 1 month, trying out only one method of exercise, and you don't see any changes in the mirror. Would you say exercising just isn't for you? That it will never work because that one exercise you tried for 1 month didn't make you look better in the mirror? You have to try different exercises for a certain number of months, take pics, and be patient. It's the same with hair loss treatments, even harder, growing hair is more stubborn.

Unless you start to get erictile dysfunction in that time. Or watery puffy skin. Then I’d say get off it as quick as you can.

Anyway back to @champpy...
finasteride, the destroyer of your hard on is the wrong thing to be talking about in a post to do with Champpy and his experiment.

Hang in there mate, we all respect what you’re doing.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you take pics during these 11 months?

No I didn't. When looking in the mirror it didn't look like there was any noticeable difference. I didn't expect to experience much growth, but I was expecting a slow down of loss, and based on the increased shedding that took place during the months I was taking it I figured it either caused me to shed more hair or it failed to stop my aggressive shedding. I just figure an anti-dht drug should at the very least siginificantly reduce the amount of shedding.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Never tried minoxidil because I heard it can cause dark circles under eyes and I already have dark circles and am aging pretty badly to begin with. I have tried dutasteride but only for about a month. I didn't feel it was doing anything and I figure with something as potent as dutasteride I should have at least experienced a reduction in shedding, although I admit one month probably wasn't long enough. I have tried a pre-mixed RU formula from Anagen and it felt like I was shedding more hair when I was using it. Maybe I should have bought the powder and mixed it myself? I also have allergies so I tried using zyrtec because I read cetirizine may help reduce hair loss. On my 4th day on I experienced the heaviest shed I ever experienced in my life so I discontinued. I just figure my hairloss is way too aggressive at this point and there's nothing I can do about it but hope that maybe a new treatment comes out soon (brotzu, replicel, etc). Of course, there's probably a good chance I won't respond to those treatments either. I'll still be more than willing to give those a try, though.

@Jk1, how do you mix the cetirizine into a topical formula?
i use kids oral drops cetrizine 10mg/ml i.e 1 percent... been 3 weeks testing on half my scalp lol. . whats funny before i thought i had no itchy scalp ! but after i apply to half it stops 100pcnt any itch for half a day and then it feels like other side is itchy in comparison ! maybe small increase in growth speed that side but too early to tell

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i have a half baked theory why this threading or wounding in general isnt working.
Ok, so when there is a wound the body will try to heal itself wherever the wound occurs. It will aslo try to recreate whichever tissue was damaged.
So with wounding/threading, im damaging the skin on my scalp. Hair is already thin there and not dominant. Whats becoming more prevalent is the hairless skin.
So to me it makes sense that when the body is wounded on the scalp, whats going to happen is the scalp skin is regenerated, not the hair.
So what's needed is something to help direct the cells to form hair and not skin, because on their own they're more than likely just going to form skin. That's the missing factor here I believe. Those cells have to be directed. Hopefully this is something follica has figured out as I believe their wounding is going to need a topical that directs regeneration to form hair because as I see it right now wounding alone will only cause the scalp skin to fix itself.
am I way off am I way off base with this?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's most likely what happens, otherwise we'd have dozens of threads with regrowth from dermarolling/wounding, but it has not happened.

The rare results we've seen were probably excellent responses to minoxidil.

Actually success "stories" with dermarollers are mostly people with diffuse type of hairloss. And that type of hairloss is less common on male even though there are more and more cases.
I experiment dermaroller myself on my diffuse kind of hairloss. it makes hairs thicker. so this works. Now that's not what most people hear look for.. they want "new" regrowth or scientically said "hair follicle neogenesis".
if you can't see miniaturized follicles, if you try to have regrowth on temples (slick bald) I doubt this will be magic treatment if used alone. Even in the dermaroller study pictures showed cases who had result on diffuse pattern overall. To regrowth slick bald crown or temples which are bald for years I guess you need the combo(coumpound/wounding) like follica which obviously uses a more advanced wounding device already

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i have a half baked theory why this threading or wounding in general isnt working.
Ok, so when there is a wound the body will try to heal itself wherever the wound occurs. It will aslo try to recreate whichever tissue was damaged.
So with wounding/threading, im damaging the skin on my scalp. Hair is already thin there and not dominant. Whats becoming more prevalent is the hairless skin.
So to me it makes sense that when the body is wounded on the scalp, whats going to happen is the scalp skin is regenerated, not the hair.
So what's needed is something to help direct the cells to form hair and not skin, because on their own they're more than likely just going to form skin. That's the missing factor here I believe. Those cells have to be directed. Hopefully this is something follica has figured out as I believe their wounding is going to need a topical that directs regeneration to form hair because as I see it right now wounding alone will only cause the scalp skin to fix itself.
am I way off am I way off base with this?
champy

maybe emu oil is one such substance tp enhance wounding neogenesis see this study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4812284/

but maybe it is like someone said above.. dermaroller or this threading mainly work on their own for diffuse style thinners.

somewhere i was reading frontal loss is more due to androgen hormones hence only estrogen works up front..

and crown hairloss correlated with heart disease and finasterdine type drugs work best.

general thinning is thyroid.

what type do you have ? as maybe you also need that as well... im thinking something is blocking your regrowth.. do you have scalp itching or redness ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
champy

maybe emu oil is one such substance tp enhance wounding neogenesis see this study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4812284/

but maybe it is like someone said above.. dermaroller or this threading mainly work on their own for diffuse style thinners.

somewhere i was reading frontal loss is more due to androgen hormones hence only estrogen works up front..

and crown hairloss correlated with heart disease and finasterdine type drugs work best.

what type do you have ? as maybe you also need that as well... im thinking something is blocking your regrowth.. do you have scalp itching or redness ?
Can confirm that wounding does f*** all for diffuse thinning (in my case)

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can confirm that wounding does f*** all for diffuse thinning (in my case)

Wounding on its own is largely worthless. It's good for increasing absorption of other USEFUL topicals though.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So @whatevr,

What is your hair regimen like these days?

Why don't you give us some input into what you are doing?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So @whatevr,

What is your hair regimen like these days?

Why don't you give us some input into what you are doing?

I'm using 830 nm and 660 nm LED lights.
I've also ordered TEMPOL and Baicalin.
Thinking of getting into Seti group buy.
And getting PGE2 as well.

I'm focusing on INFLAMMATION and GROWTH FACTORS these days.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
champy

Im fucked all around. Was a diffuse thinner until like two years ago, not the front is receeding, back is going fast and thinning all over like crazy.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score

I keep wondering where the private groups are getting all their reliable sh*t from. Seems almost impossible to trust anyone apart from the most expensive online chemical compound traders like sigma. Anyway, I agree with you for the most part. I do feel like hormones have their role to play, but for some of us it’s not enough. I think for aggressive hairloss you really need to take a multifactorial approach which means the dht/androgen, fibrosis, inflammation and PDG angles all at once. Your best possible chance at stopping loss I believe would be <dht (fina, duta, estrogen if you’re insane enough) <androgens (ru, spironolactone, cb, bical, flut etc), <inflammation (ceti, keto, sulfa, curcumin etc), <fibrosis (wounding), <pdg2 (seti, fevi, TM, castor, sulfa), >pge2 (actual pge2, castor, sulfa, stemox), >growth factors (LiCl, VPA etc), >vasodilation and blood flow (minoxidil, wounding, peppermint, massage).
List goes on, but aggressive hairloss means an aggressive approach. I think for men MTF regimens actually seem to work the best, but that’s totally impractical for the regular male who wants to keep his penis. Could always try Pantostin or estriol cream but there are always mild risks of systemic absorption. For women, well no one seems to give enough of a f*** to delve deep into the problem to see what works beyond anti androgens and minoxidil. So I guess I’m going to TRY to find out. I’m jumping on the seti bandwagon myself soon. I’m also making my own topical estrogen. Probably gonna get da cancers because I already take the pill but oh well. Anyway so I reckon I’m going to start low at 200mg seti 100mg 2 x daily and gradually up it to see if there’s a sweet spot maybe to stop shedding. I can grow hair, I know that, but I also have a f*** load of shedding which has never stopped, not for 4 years, and I do have a lot of miniturisation.. hopefully the duta, estrogen and “daro” (gonna switch to 8% ru prolly), kicks that sh*t to the curb. I read stories about how seti totally stops shedding and I makes me salivate. I think the day that I lose less than 150 hairs I will cry. With joy. And then probably have a panic attack about the posibility of it returning the following day.
f*** I hate this sh*t.

Last edited:

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Where did you pick up Tempol?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have some on the way from Chemyo.

Oh yeah, they sell it at a very affordable price I see.

How are you planning on using it (dosage, vehicle ect..)? I remember Swoop talking it up for combating oxidative stress. Maybe another thing to try for the extra desperate...

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they sell it at a very affordable price I see.

How are you planning on using it (dosage, vehicle ect..)? I remember Swoop talking it up for combating oxidative stress. Maybe another thing to try for the extra desperate...

Seems very soluble in ethanol. I might do a mix of ethanol and distilled water in a 1:1 ratio or something like that. Probably use it twice a day, 10 mg / mL or something for a total of 60 mg a day. I just wonder if I can mix other stuff with it or if that would be a bad idea.

I'm mainly interested if it succeeds in stopping that damn morning itch that I get every day.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is Chemyo the go to website now and not anageninc? And is there a thread on what TEMPOL is?

Thanks.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried to sign up to Chemyo, and there was already an account with my email. Lol, I logged in using the password I thought it would be and I logged in. I had no idea I had an account with his website. What was the former name of this website?