Scalp Threading With Polydioxanone Monofilament Threads: A Novel, Effective And Safe Modality.

neronero

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not just a small study. theres a plethora of studies that correlate wounding to hair regrowth

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
God, what makes me feel so sad is that we get all of these studies, things that look SURE to work in theory and in small-scale testing. We hype about it, maybe it’s the end to our misery, but it turns out to be just another “yeah.. it didn’t turn out quite how we expected”. If we applied all the theories that should work, we would be getting amazing regrowth from the microneedliny, T-flavanone, Seti, RU, dutas, f*****g castor oil, but it’s always hit and miss. I hate being so negative but I feel doomed.

If even HALF of the things that "prove" results in studies gave results in real-life, baldness would be already cured by now because we would be able to pick from 50 different cures. But the sh*t never translates from paper to practice. It makes me wonder just what the hell these studies are even measuring or doing, but it doesn't make them seem very legitimate.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
If even HALF of the things that "prove" results in studies gave results in real-life, baldness would be already cured by now because we would be able to pick from 50 different cures. But the sh*t never translates from paper to practice. It makes me wonder just what the hell these studies are even measuring or doing, but it doesn't make them seem very legitimate.
Sometimes I read the term “statistic difference” or “measurable difference” and wonder if they mean 1 f*****g hair per 10 square centimetre of scalp. Going of the studies we’ve had, carnitine should be useful, so should t-Flavanone, niacin, needling, Apple stem cells, adenosine, stemoxydine, taurine, arginine, f*****g ginkgo biloba.. god where do I stop? So far it’s a big ol’ nada on all accounts, and the ones we know DO work (finas, spironolactone, Duta, minoxidil) are effective in regrowing hair in a marginal percentage of the hairloss population. We’re doomed mate.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will amaze me if the solution does turn out to be this simple. But, it's early days yet as far as this little test is concerned.
It’s going to have to be something stem-cell or neuro-pathway altering. Like a blend of brand new hair cells and restructuring of normal growth signalling. I can’t see a way around this unless we literally start again.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok, 8 weeks post procedure is nearly here. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point nothing is happening. There has definitely been no regrowth. It's also pretty safe to say maintenance has not happened either. While I haven't seen the temple or hairline recede much over the past 2 months the back of my head is definitely a little thinner than it was.

I do not think I will go for another round of threading. What scares me the most about this is I've tried micro-needling and now this. Both are forms of wounding and neither seems to help, at least in my situation.

If Follica does get released I now have little hope it will help my hair loss. The only way I could see follicas wounding method w helping is if they actually have a new compound that stimulates the growth, as the combo of wounding + minoxidil does not seem to do jack sh*t for me.

Sorry guys, but this is probably a fail.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, 8 weeks post procedure is nearly here. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point nothing is happening. There has definitely been no regrowth. It's also pretty safe to say maintenance has not happened either. While I haven't seen the temple or hairline recede much over the past 2 months the back of my head is definitely a little thinner than it was.

I do not think I will go for another round of threading. What scares me the most about this is I've tried micro-needling and now this. Both are forms of wounding and neither seems to help, at least in my situation.

If Follica does get released I now have little hope it will help my hair loss. The only way I could see follicas wounding method w helping is if they actually have a new compound that stimulates the growth, as the combo of wounding + minoxidil does not seem to do jack sh*t for me.

hi champy wait a bit longer for final judgement normally all hair loss trials check results earliest 12 weeks or 6 months. it depends how fast your hair grows naturally ? i.e fast or slow ? my hair normaly grows slow so i can get haircuts every 2 month's or 3. even when i had a hair transplantation it took over a year to see results and peak results in 18 months and i dont think anything is quicker than a hair transplant results. the other thing is yes maybe minoxidil would help speed it up.. but probably need a pge2 booster and pgd2 blocker at same time to stop immune response attacking new follicles

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score

The conditions weren’t right... :rolleyes:

But seriously thank you for trying this and sharing with all of us.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you please tell me the name of the clinic now?

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

CHampy one other thing i was thinking since Dermarolling didnt work and this is most likely the same mode of action around wound response.

Eg. for some people plain old dermarolling helps on its own, on others you need minoxidil and propecia as well.

I.e how severe your case is and what its related to determines how many modes of action you need.

Maybe it's the same case as per folica with the additional things needed to get regrowth. i.e Pge2 booster and PGD2 inhibitor etc.

So without seeing any other results i am thinking this procedure is the same as dermarolling but just a lot easier then doing dermarolling once per week.

But in combination with another treatment i.e minoxidil, finasterdine, Pge2 booster, PGd2 blocker etc may be needed to get good results like dermarolling.

what i think would be quite interesting with this procedure is if you also did Dutasterdine mesotherapy. the recent study i saw was once every 3 months injections to scalp and no change to serum test/DHT levels. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

So this threading is helping on wounding basis and Dutasterdine meso is working on the DHT. Maybe if you have zero results at 3 months you could add that ? Together i think they could be an awesome combo easy low risk and high results ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
CHampy one other thing i was thinking since Dermarolling didnt work and this is most likely the same mode of action around wound response.

Eg. for some people plain old dermarolling helps on its own, on others you need minoxidil and propecia as well.

I.e how severe your case is and what its related to determines how many modes of action you need.

Maybe it's the same case as per folica with the additional things needed to get regrowth. i.e Pge2 booster and PGD2 inhibitor etc.

So without seeing any other results i am thinking this procedure is the same as dermarolling but just a lot easier then doing dermarolling once per week.

But in combination with another treatment i.e minoxidil, finasterdine, Pge2 booster, PGd2 blocker etc may be needed to get good results like dermarolling.

what i think would be quite interesting with this procedure is if you also did Dutasterdine mesotherapy. the recent study i saw was once every 3 months injections to scalp and no change to serum test/DHT levels. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

So this threading is helping on wounding basis and Dutasterdine meso is working on the DHT. Maybe if you have zero results at 3 months you could add that ? Together i think they could be an awesome combo easy low risk and high results ?
My dht went up after taking duta. I’m sceptical about its mechanisms of use for dht inhibition

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't know man I'm on finasteride dutasteride minoxidil and now this threading crap and nothing has helped. If I had to do it all over again I never would have started dutasteride as that's when I started noticing more loss. Could have been coincidental but I'll never know.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah same. Reckon I should stop taking it?
Im cutting back. I was taking it almost every day. I know the half life is long enough that even 1 or 2 pills a week should suffice. Im going down to 1 time a week.
I still do finasteride everyday though.

Now Georgie, if you and i do end up sharing a room in japan while waiting for Tsuji, i suggest we both jump back on dutasteride while we're there;)

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im cutting back. I was taking it almost every day. I know the half life is long enough that even 1 or 2 pills a week should suffice. Im going down to 1 time a week.
I still do finasteride everyday though.

Now Georgie, if you and i do end up sharing a room in japan while waiting for Tsuji, i suggest we both jump back on dutasteride while we're there;)
Lol I’ll look disgusting by then. Good luck trying to get it up. Here’s a sweet momento for you from the other day.

Attachments

• 3FF53FE6-1B81-4C60-9E67-ADBAC82B0617.jpeg
    3FF53FE6-1B81-4C60-9E67-ADBAC82B0617.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 607
Last edited: