Scalp Protector? Will It Help With Adhesion?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who uses it?

I've no issues with irritation to my scalp, but no tape so far has given me the hold I've been looking for.

Will scalp protector truly enhance the quality of the bond? It sounds a bit gimmicky to me...

Noah

Reaction score
I don't think it will, unless you are having issues with perspiration or an oily scalp spoiling your adhesion. It's only functions are (1) stopping the glue from irritating your skin and (2) stopping your sweat/oil from spoiling your bond.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a gimmick at all. It's like a primer, but for your scalp.

Noah is correct, it really only helps guys who have skin issues or sweat, like me.

In my experience, when I forgot to use it, my system slide off my head an hour or two after a bond.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a gimmick at all. It's like a primer, but for your scalp.

Noah is correct, it really only helps guys who have skin issues or sweat, like me.

In my experience, when I forgot to use it, my system slide off my head an hour or two after a bond.

Wait, @BaldBearded, are you saying that you can't achieve a bond that lasts for longer than 2 hours if you omit the scalp protector?

Which product do you recommend?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, @BaldBearded, are you saying that you can't achieve a bond that lasts for longer than 2 hours if you omit the scalp protector?

Which product do you recommend?

Just to clarify, and emphasize what @Noah said in his post.

"unless you are having issues with perspiration or an oily scalp spoiling your adhesion".

This is my main issue!!!

I live in a hot climate, Israel. Add to that, I sweat, from my scalp. Even if I use the "No sweat" antiperspirant, I usually still have issues.

Since the first few hours of the bond is most critical, I find that in an extreme situation, when I have forgotten to use scalp protector, I have had the bond fail (glue or tape), right after I attach.

I also noticed a difference when I switched from the Scalp Protector Thick to the Max Hold Sport, I now NEVER have issues with my tape bond. I can go out, during midday, when the sun is highest, and the temps are over 30ºC, and I don't have a problem. I can also walk 3-4 km after work, and also, not have problems. The bond gets a bit sticky, but once I am back in the A/C, it firms up.

I think part of it is acclimating to the climate and the fact that once the bond is set... it's set well, now.

I have three clients, here in Israel and none use scalp protector and none have bond issues.

The CEO of the company where I get my hair from wears UTS, works out in the gym EVERY day, lives in Madrid, goes to the beach, sails, etc He never uses scalp protector. He also probably has a BMI of 2%, and never breaks a sweat.

S.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, @BaldBearded. I do sweat quite a lot. I'll try the Max Hold Sport!

Wholesale, there are two options, dab on, or brush. I use the brush. Not sure if it's available retail. You can always pull off the dabber, and use a brush. Just don't go crazy with it. A very light layer.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190823-201634_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190823-201634_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 113

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's half that price at Hair Direct. Amazon might have cheaper shipping, domestically.
I always just spend over $50 and get free shipping with HD.... otherwise if that's all you order from HD you will come out the same with shipping

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it buy 50+ to get free shipping? I'd rather buy piece by piece from Amazon.
HD is free shipping on orders over $50.....Its silly to go piece by piece on amazon....Prices are often double that of HD..... Get all your products at once and your good for a while....