Scalp Of My Head, Very Stressful For Me

mip

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my second time posting here about my hair, I am now 16 years old and the scalp of my head can be easily seen, because you can see through my hair. I tried alot of medicines, like vitamins and all, but after 3 years I still see no difference. Should I be afraid because I am that young? Or is a hair transplantation recommended even though it’s very expensive. I really care about my hair and went to the hospital but they said I was healthy so I don’t know what to do.. i am losing hope :(

here are pictures of my hair:

Attachments

• 6093D00D-84E8-4493-AAA1-7A52D9E6DC8F.jpeg
    6093D00D-84E8-4493-AAA1-7A52D9E6DC8F.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 309
  • B78E0B47-427B-44D6-B8B0-7A8120FB49C4.jpeg
    B78E0B47-427B-44D6-B8B0-7A8120FB49C4.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 289
  • B7A29405-2943-4A1C-A04F-A01624EEC943.jpeg
    B7A29405-2943-4A1C-A04F-A01624EEC943.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 306
  • 13190CBF-1BC8-4B37-9BCC-E8EEBCCEFADF.jpeg
    13190CBF-1BC8-4B37-9BCC-E8EEBCCEFADF.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 290

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have male pattern baldness my man, time to start treatment. I would hold off on finasteride till you're at least 18, might want to try saw palmetto in the meantime.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a Norwood 2a pattern. You may be healthy, but your hair is not. Use minoxidil in the mean time and when you hit 18 get on finasteride.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Minoxidil.

That's really bad. You are headed to a Norwood four. It might be even too late for
Minoxidil. That's really agressive.

You're just starting, and you are treating it early. Good results may or may not come.

Unfortunately, people who bald young, go faster/harder than people who start thinning later
in life.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try Minoxidil.

That's really bad. You are headed to a Norwood four. It might be even too late for
Minoxidil. That's really agressive.

You're just starting, and you are treating it early. Good results may or may not come.

Unfortunately, people who bald young, go faster/harder than people who start thinning later
in life.
Not entirely true, i started going bald at 14 and still have 3/4 of my hair at 20.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not entirely true, i started going bald at 14 and still have 3/4 of my hair at 20.

What Norwood are you? Also, did you treat it with anything.

Was it from stress or traction alopecia? That definitely makes a difference. Stress hair loss is usually temporary, and
can start a few months after the event.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look, let's be realistic here. Unless @mip went bald from traction alopecia, or stress, he's
going to be a Norwood six, and really soon. In fact, at the rate he's going, it's going to be
in his twenties.

I'm just being honest, and keeping it real.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood are you? Also, did you treat it with anything.

Was it from stress or traction alopecia? That definitely makes a difference. Stress hair loss is usually temporary, and
can start a few months after the event.
I am a norwood 2.5. Admittedly he is quite a bit worse off than me even at 16. I got on treatments at 19 but finasteride failed miserably.. now on oral minoxidil and i am slowly gaining ground again. minoxidil very well could help him as his loss is recent. Lets both be real, we've seen NW6/7s get back significant amounts of hair with treatments, why should he be any different?
Not arguing because his loss IS aggressive but he does still have options and a chance at maintenance

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a norwood 2.5. Admittedly he is quite a bit worse off than me even at 16. I got on treatments at 19 but finasteride failed miserably.. now on oral minoxidil and i am slowly gaining ground again. minoxidil very well could help him as his loss is recent. Lets both be real, we've seen NW6/7s get back significant amounts of hair with treatments, why should he be any different?
Not arguing because his loss IS aggressive but he does still have options and a chance at maintenance

It's true, but he is much worse when I started visibly losing my hair.

A lot of those people went on very agressive medications, some even using estrogen based medication.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like people said, get on minoxidil and then get on finasteride as soon as you can. Pretty aggressive for 16 and you said you have been losing for 3 years. I hate to tell you this, but if you don't start finasteride and minoxidil asap there's a good chance you might be NW5-7 in your early 20s. I have seen it happen to people.

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get on minoxidil now and you could get good regrowth as your follicles should still be alive. Finasteride at 18. Best of luck. And try your best to enjoy your teens

mip

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all, can you maybe recommend me a site where I can get Minoxidil and 2% or 5%?
Get on minoxidil now and you could get good regrowth as your follicles should still be alive. Finasteride at 18. Best of luck. And try your best to enjoy your teens
Like people said, get on minoxidil and then get on finasteride as soon as you can. Pretty aggressive for 16 and you said you have been losing for 3 years. I hate to tell you this, but if you don't start finasteride and minoxidil asap there's a good chance you might be NW5-7 in your early 20s. I have seen it happen to people.