Scalp Micropigmentation For Adding Density

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

I have had some great results with dutasteride + minoxidil + nizoral over the past 11 months (see below)

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...asteride-today-heres-my-log-with-pics.102864/

I'm going to go for SMP on Friday just to add the appearance of density to some of the thinner areas. At the consult the technician/artist said my hair is pretty good and I could get away with not doing it (all the other's I saw seemed to play on peoples insecurity like some of the shonky hair clinics). He said he can help out with the hairline and add some density through the top and at the crown, and would only need one session instead of three like some guys who are at a later stage of balding.

I have a few questions about optimising the post care. I will ask again when I go in but just want to hear some other opinions:

-Bepanthen (antiseptic/moisturiser) cream is recommended 3 times a day for 5 days. It's recommended that a thin layer be applied as being too greasy can be an issue. Since I'm getting in done on long hair this might be difficult and get too greasy, could a course of antibiotics and perhaps a lighter, less greasy low chemical moisturiser be applied?

-My instructions say to avoid heavy sweating. This means no gym for me which is fine, he did say a little light sweating is not a problem. It's almost summer here in Australia and I tend to sweat more than others even when not exercising. I'll try to stay indoors as much as possible but would something like medicated gold bond talc be okay if I'm heading out? I would then apply the bepanthen when I return so the scalp doesnt dry out too much.

-I was told not to use any alcohol based minoxidil (forever, and to switch to the foam version as it's alcohol free) I've seen lots of alcohol free minoxidil solutions available but do we know that the transdermal delivery would be the same as the alcohol based version? Any brands people could recommend?