Scalp Micro Pigmentation Alternative To Concealer

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i currently wear my hair very short due to thin crown. I tell my barber to buzz the horseshoe right down so it blends well with my thin crown. I further apply a bit of concealer to the crown to get a pretty good result. I'm wondering if i should consider scalp micro pigmentation in the crown, in amongst the thin coverage there, to try and achieve a similar effect? What have i got to lose? I'm fed up with Toppik getting everywhere in the bathroom.

diffuse_thinner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, i currently wear my hair very short due to thin crown. I tell my barber to buzz the horseshoe right down so it blends well with my thin crown. I further apply a bit of concealer to the crown to get a pretty good result. I'm wondering if i should consider scalp micro pigmentation in the crown, in amongst the thin coverage there, to try and achieve a similar effect? What have i got to lose? I'm fed up with Toppik getting everywhere in the bathroom.
If you do it be sure it's a temporary one not permanent.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd love to know, seems like the ultimate fall back option if all else fails.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I just got a very close buzz cut and i reckon i could rock this look if i added coverage with smp. It sounds like a no brainer.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got a very close buzz cut and i reckon i could rock this we look if i added coverage with smp. It sounds like a no brainer.

Great idea. I was thinking about doing this. Getting a short buzzcut with an smp in thinning areas. And absolutely not touching the hairline or temples. All the filling will be beyond the hairline. From what Ive seen the smp that look most suspect are the onee that had their hairline/temples reconstructed, i've seen a few guys like that in my gym and i didnt have the heart to tell them i can smell their smp from a mile away. But if ur hairline is still alright and u have thinning areas then i also think its a look one can rock.

My biggest concern is if you sre getting an smp diffuse thinning areas can it cause shock loss existing hairs nearby or is it totally safe from that aspect?