SAY NO TO CONCEALER ADDICTION!

easy1234

Reaction score
SAY NO CONCEALER ADDICTION. Ultimately, I used concealers for 3 years. It started off with a bit of dermatch, then dermatch/toppik, then couvre/toppik. I have now trimmed it off real short with zero guard.
Concealers are ok, but they are NOT ok if you are ADDICTED – if you have to use them every morning, if you have to use them even when you come out of the gym/swimming pool – if you cannot be seen by friends/colleagues without them - This is a major problem. Truth is, most people who use concealers become addicted because the concealer becomes part of WHO they are. This is the dangerous part – if something fake (concealer) becomes part of WHO you are – then you yourself are a fake.
It will affect your personality. Your personality becomes vain. You cherish image – you cherish the concealer you use everyday or even twice a day if you go to the gym or swimming pool that day. Like the women who cherish make up and material items, you cherish image and materials just the same. You are then a weak man, a man who is shallow and not deep.
This is why Buddhists shave their heads – they symbollically become free from vanity and materialism.
So if you are addicted to concealers – you really need to have a long hard think.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Very true.

Thinning plus a Norwood 3. I use(d) still do a bit them and it was not just the addiction, the hassle of it all.

It actually affected my life in the sense that I would only 'wear' my hair on special events like weddings, nights out etc.

You also have the tricky situation of it fitting your hair color, someone touching it, wearing a white t-shirt, your pillows being 'dirty looking'.

Don't get me wrong. They are great, but it does need a huge dash of salt with them. They become a crutch, because they look so fantastic. I've seen my thinning mess with and after and I look 10x better with the concealer.

jazzcat

Reaction score
I would say yes to it. It does somehow relieve my confusion about the hair issue at this moment.

But at the same time I am getting more and more mentally ready to shave my hair one day - just not today.

I think the main point is to clearly understand what you are doing to yourself.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
When you have messed up hair transplants and further hair loss, concealers are the only thing that allows you to go to work and not look like a freak.

Sure, at first they gave me confidence but after a couple months I realized I was a fake. It hasn't helped my social life because of the eventuality of being discovered as a fake. I just don't let people get close to me. Don't think it is fair to lead someone on only for them to be repulsed when they see me without concealers.

However, to use them so I can go to work and not have people laugh at me or be sickened by my appearance? Yeah, I'll keep using them.

robinhood

Reaction score
I m just about to start using the concealer kmax and now that i'm reading this... i dont know i would probably just let people know who i am, specially that i am runner and a swimmer, and this powder is going to come off at some point when i m doing sport. :geek:

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
I m just about to start using the concealer kmax and now that i'm reading this... i dont know i would probably just let people know who i am, specially that i am runner and a swimmer, and this powder is going to come off at some point when i m doing sport. :geek:

try dermmatch (depending on your hair loss)
I train/sweat hard on a daily basis and can assure you that it will not run down your face.

hmm

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree Dermatch is a crutch and would never suggest someone starting it. Eventually you will become addicted and dependent on it and it will control you just like your hairloss did but worse, since now you are a fake as well with all this crap on top of your head. It's damn hard to break free from this cycle once you begun, best to just cut hair short, stick with current treatments and hope for a cure.

acwelen

Reaction score
I guess everything is an addiction this days.

Bull****... you have the coice between using concealers or shaving your head. it has nothing to do with addiction.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
Some people just dont have enough hair to see the benefit of a concealer, they just need to shave the rest off.
If you sill have a decent amount of hair then a concealer can do wonders.

takenick2

Reaction score
Got sick of using dermmatch. Buzzed my head. Felt liberated (woo!). Now I'm trying hairdye.

Goal image: buzzed head, facial hair, shredded frame, tats, mma. Cliche as **** but it's my destiny.

Embrace your destiny.

Travalanche

Established Member
Reaction score
My destiny is to be a 5'10'' medium build NW5 (if my family is anything to go by) I tried the whole working out thing but it's too much work, I mean everyone dies anyways so whats the point in getting buff as hell.

Then again I drink twice as much alcohol as anyone I know so I'm a really bad judge of character. I'll probably look like a less ugly version of Trevor from GTA 5 so things could be worse but I'd much rather be Brad Pitt or George Clooney so wtf genetics.

takenick2

Reaction score
My destiny is to be a 5'10'' medium build NW5 (if my family is anything to go by) I tried the whole working out thing but it's too much work, I mean everyone dies anyways so whats the point in getting buff as hell.

Then again I drink twice as much alcohol as anyone I know so I'm a really bad judge of character. I'll probably look like a less ugly version of Trevor from GTA 5 so things could be worse but I'd much rather be Brad Pitt or George Clooney so wtf genetics.

Just change your diet, and it's ok to have a cheat day. But honestly unhealthy food make me feel sick now. It's an acquired taste and a sign of maturity I think to eat healthy.

I don't want to be buff either. If I could look like Conor McGregor I'd be happy. My BF% is 15% and I'm trying to get it down to like 8%.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
You're kind of right, guys, applying concealer every morning gets you crazy after some time.
I did it for 3-4 months, and i don't know, i was becoming more and more obsessed to get a perfect coverage. In the beggining all was ok, i just used a bit, took 5 minutes to apply, but somehow every time i was getting more and more greedy, and apply more and more, and the time needed was increasing, etc.
That's because i kept the hair longer, and longer=more concealer and more difficult to apply, and much more time consuming in the morning.
So now i cut the hair shorter, and only a little concealer is needed,or not at all, my morning routine now takes less time .

But, concealers are really useful, because, at a close inspection of my hair, i have , perhaps thousands of thin, incolor hairs, which get color when using concealer.