Saw Trichologist Who Recommends Me Vitastim + Biostim / And To Go Of Propecia & Minoxidil.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, met a new trichologist last Friday in London

He examined my hair and showed me my crown which didn't look good and compared it to past patients of his who are similar to me and have had great recovery for hair loss using his services.

He thinks that me being on Minoxidil and Finastride is wrong and he would never have put me on it. He's asking me to get off it and is recommending his natural prescription which is drops done into the scalp twice a day.

He says 3 months, stablization. 1 year growth.

This is what he recommends:

Vitastim 15% Hair Regrowth Stimulant and Hair Loss Stabiliser

This stimulant is recommended to help stabilise hair loss and strengthen existing hair. It is a natural hop-based solution that works as a vasodilator to increase blood circulation in the scalp and so enable healthy hair growth. It also contains a multi-vitamin complex to help catalyse the process of conversion of amino acids into keratin hair cells and accelerate growth and diameter of the hair from the dermal papilla.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Alcohol Denant, Humulus Lupulus Cone Extract, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Aesculus Hippocastanum Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Calcium Pantothenate, Linoleic Acid, Inositol, Biotin.

Biostim 15% Hair Regrowth Stimulant and Hair Loss Stabiliser

This stimulant contains a very effective, natural 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. It reduces the amount of 5-alpha reductase in the scalp and thereby reduces the formation of DHT, stabilising hair loss and encouraging a healthy growth cycle.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Alcohol Denant, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Aesculus Hippocastanum Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Calcium Pantothenate, Linoleic Acid, Inositol, Biotin, Cl 47005, Cl 16185.

-

Has anyone heard of this and does it make sense? So I would go off finastride which I've been on for 1 year and I would go onto this. I would also cut out Minoxidil. He says transplant I don't need it.

He said if I go off Finastride and onto this, there would be no shedding etc

The price is expensive, 3 Months = £940

-

Does this sound legit or make sense to anyone?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So he’s claiming his vitamin lotion is more effective than proven medications? It’s been said before but trichology is pure bullshit, this experience I think only confirms that.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He was asking for £960 for 3 months of his lotion with once a month meeting.

He had great examples of clients...but of course that's just pictures

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you interested in purchasing some snake oil?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the DHT inhibitor lotion I am unsure what in there actually inhibits 5AR...

ljb118

Reaction score
It's always a shame to see people prey on others' vulnerabilities with no regard for their short or long-term wellbeing. £960 to potentially f*** somebody's hair up.

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months was cheap, he was trying to sell me the 1 year package which was 1800

Yeah please don't buy that man. That is way too much to spend on unproven undocumented products that are not FDA approved for hairloss.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He spent 45 mins with me, trying to be friendly, telling me loads of jokes etc etc - I was just like get to the point I got work to get to after this.

He starts teling me Finastride is a no go and Minoxidil is a no go.

He told me is is one of the founding members of Belgravia Centre in London and he resigned and set up his own practice as he said he doesn't agree with their methods and what they charge people.

He showed me lots of amazing hair transformations

All the time he is constantly always trying to be funny and joking always.

Then he calls his secretary to bring his special solution, shows it and explains how to use it then at the end after 45 mins comes to me with his price sheet.

I told him upfront it's expensive, so he said he will give 2 months for free if I go for the package. He does 1 month, 3 month, 6 month and 12. Then I said "I think I would be more comfortable with 3"

As soon as I said that he got up and tried to really pressure me suddenly all fast like "Ok let's go and get you sorted young man and get your hair back!" and quickly takes me to the next room and starts telling his secretary book him in for this appointment next month and give him these bottles now

So then I quickly interupted and said I like to research all these things before I make a decision so leave me your information like business card and then when I'm ready I'll call you guys up to make payment then of course he was like "Fine no problem"

That's when I came back and wanted to check his details online and also the ingredients he is saying