Saw palmetto users. In here please

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Would like to hear from people who've been on it a good amount of time. Have you experienced any of the following side effects:

1. Gyno
2. testicular pain
3. increased water retention
4. puffy face
5. dark circles under eyes
6. more wrinkles (or increased visibility of existing ones)

Also, if you're taking propecia AND saw palmetto, this question does not apply to you. I'm simply trying to find rare side effects for Saw

Thanks

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
that's dissapointing. I was looking forward to seeing your tits at the first annual HairLossTalk.com meet.
boobies.gif

Anyone else. Come on guys

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
SP isn't a highly utilized treatment for hair loss. If there were a study for it on hair loss, we could look at some of the listed side effects reported there. Problem with asking here is not many guys are using it, and side effects are really subjective.

A guy could get a headache one day which is actually from stress, and attribute it to the SP. That's why larger groups of people reporting side effects in clinical trials are really the only way to determine if its a drug related side effect.

Looking at Propecia side effects might help a little, but these are two different drugs, so again you introduce the major issue of innaccuracy.

The only thing we do know about SP is that it is a potent hormonal modulator, and side effects *are* associated with it. I personally experienced things like intense mood swings, over emotional-ness, increased libido, very very oily face, and shedding, shedding, shedding. It was not worth all of that to me to stay on it when I had a proven alternative and I had no assurance SP was doing anything for my hair.

It would be very difficult to accurately label less frequent ones directly to use of the drug with so few people using it, and no controls in place.

You may be able to find mention of side effects in controlled clinical trials for use of Saw Palmetto with prostate and other conditions by searching in pubmed:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/

HairLossTalk.com

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used Saw Palmetto for 3 months, and a week, it has decreased my shedding and the ONLY side effect I have had is increased Libido, nothing else! I think it may have affected my titties but can't be sure..

Saw palmetto is all I used within that 3 months before trying revivogen and some other herbs/MSM powder.

Hope thats of some help!

Now, time for Propecia VS Saw palmetto!

:box:

Redbone

Reaction score
Stabber I have looked over your regiem and you are doomed, doomed I say.

Saw Palmetto is a freakin waste of time and money.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Stinger122 said:
I think it may have affected my titties but can't be sure..

:box:
Please elaborate

Stingray

Reaction score
I'm taking more anti-androgens than anyone on this board and I still haven't had a single side effect...

Redbone

Reaction score
How old are you maybe you have become Immune. Also there are guys who take 5mg finasteride a day for enlarged prostate with no sexual sides. Yous guys is blowing the Propecia thing way out of proportion, the average guy will never get any sides- come on get real.

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Well my tits feel a bit bigger, as in you know.. man tits? Not BIGGER BIGGER. But just a bit more, but thats all I have had from it.. Nothing else :)

Hope that helps!

wheresmyhair

Reaction score
2 and half months...no side effects except like stinger an increased libido!!! Nothing on my tits, but i go to the gym and box very frequently so there quite big already...
P.S i read someone on this site say that they take it at night to avoid any emotional side effects ( maybe stingray sed it ) which I do to and no side effects to report in this department... :wink:

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
I brought 50kg worth of weights to make my tits more firmer lol...

Stinger122

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha im a 34DD lol :p

Only messin, you know im gonna ask my girlfriend to take measurements :)

When I started SP I never had flat tits, I was a bit flubbery on the ttitys to begin with :p lol (Oh god do I feel weird saying all of this!)

But im sure if I made them firmer they wont be noticeable :p

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Enjoy the side effects with zero benefit to your hair boys!

:stupid:

HairLossTalk.com

wheresmyhair

Reaction score
U know i read somewhere that native american women used it for firming their breasts through history...

does ur girl play with ur tits stings lol....

...and why if ur getting results with Saw are u wanting to try Propecia.?? I mean if it works for u who cares what these guys say...

G

Some selected Saw Palmetto research. See bolded text

From: http://healthmall.com/newsletter.cfm?ty ... &id=247&a=

Many European studies have shown that saw palmetto improves symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) , an enlargement of the prostate that causes uncomfortable urinary symptoms as men get older. Now the first American randomized clinical trial of saw palmetto shows that the plant also reduces swelling in enlarged prostate tissue. The study was published in the March issue of the peer-reviewed journal Urology, followed by a presentation at the Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association in Dallas, Texas from May 1-6, 1999. The study was also chosen from among 1500 others as the feature article in the June issue of Urology Times, a leading magazine for urologists.

During the six-month double-blind, placebo-controlled study, researchers randomly assigned 44 men to take either 320 mg of saw palmetto and nettle root or placebo daily. The herbal treatment led to a modest reduction in symptoms of BPH, such as difficult urination, incomplete emptying of the bladder, and a frequent urge to urinate. The most novel finding in the study was saw palmetto's effect on prostate swelling which improved to a statistically significant degree. Using two different tests (Prostate MRI and ultrasound-guided biopsy), researchers concluded that the most marked effects were on the epithelial tissue, especially in the inner part of the prostate. Although researchers have not determined exactly how saw palmetto works, a hormonal action has been ruled out. This is especially good news for men who have tried conventional therapies for BPH and experienced a decline in sex drive and performance.

According to Dr. Leonard Marks, the study's lead investigator and clinical associate professor in the Department of Urology with the University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, "The 21 participants who supplemented their diet with saw palmetto were satisfied with the results. In fact, 19 elected to continue supplementing after the study concluded. I believe urologists may now consider saw palmetto a viable, natural, alternative treatment for many men with BPH."

G

not sure what saw does for hair yet. but I do know that it has reduced my body hair. So I would have to say that it does block dht.