Saw Palmetto Topically

Maxine

Reaction score
Hi. This is probably a "dumb ***" idea but please do not assume I am a Cretin! I'm just desperate to try anything! I am a female attempting to win a desperate battle with Androgenetic Alopecia hairloss and can't use Minoxidil anymore because I am one of the "5%" that absorb it systemically. (Yes, I had pitting edema and I looked like a f*****g circus side show queen from all the facial hair) DARN!!! There went my last CHEAP hope of hair loss solutions. So now, I am trying Saw Palmetto capsules. I'm breaking one open and massaging the oil into my scalp every day with hopes it might block the DHT. I know it sounds like bullshit but women (and men) who are losing there hair sometimes resort to desperate and irrational measures. I don't give it much hope but it's worth a try. Will let yall know what happens.

G

Maxine said:
Hi. This is probably a "dumb ***" idea but please do not assume I am a Cretin! I'm just desperate to try anything! I am a female attempting to win a desperate battle with Androgenetic Alopecia hairloss and can't use Minoxidil anymore because I am one of the "5%" that absorb it systemically. (Yes, I had pitting edema and I looked like a f*****g circus side show queen from all the facial hair) DARN!!! There went my last CHEAP hope of hair loss solutions. So now, I am trying Saw Palmetto capsules. I'm breaking one open and massaging the oil into my scalp every day with hopes it might block the DHT. I know it sounds like bullshit but women (and men) who are losing there hair sometimes resort to desperate and irrational measures. I don't give it much hope but it's worth a try. Will let yall know what happens.

Is DHT implicated in Female Hair Loss? I thought it was not. If that is correct, how will the SP help?

Maxine

Reaction score
YES DHT is a factor in Female Androgenetic Alopecia

Yes, Bruce. DHT can also be responsible for causing hairloss in women with Androgenic Alopecia which is what I have. It's a shame I can't use Rogaine. :cry: That sucks because atleast it gave me a little more hair than I have now. I feel sorry for men. I feel even sorryier for women. People say things like, "damn! Your hair is thin! I can see right through your hair!" Boy, does that ever suck. I just wanna beat the sh*t out of snotty, thick-haired women for saying that! What do they think???? I ENJOY having hair like this? Or, I go to my stylist and say, "would you make my hair thin, hun, so people can see right through it?" Sorry, but I am just pissed off about my condition and really need to vent. I don't know WHAT to do.

G

Re: YES DHT is a factor in Female Androgenetic Alopecia

Maxine said:
Yes, Bruce. DHT can also be responsible for causing hairloss in women with Androgenic Alopecia which is what I have. It's a shame I can't use Rogaine. :cry: That sucks because atleast it gave me a little more hair than I have now. I feel sorry for men. I feel even sorryier for women. People say things like, "damn! Your hair is thin! I can see right through your hair!" Boy, does that ever suck. I just wanna beat the sh*t out of snotty, thick-haired women for saying that! What do they think???? I ENJOY having hair like this? Or, I go to my stylist and say, "would you make my hair thin, hun, so people can see right through it?" Sorry, but I am just pissed off about my condition and really need to vent. I don't know WHAT to do.

Would not topical spironolactone be a natural?

Maxine

Reaction score
Hmmmm...where can I get topical spironolactone? My doctors here are VERY uneducated and conservative. The only thing my derm will recommend is Rogaine. I asked her about spironolactone once and she said it is dangerous and only experimental. She said other than that, there is nothing she can do for me.

G

Maxine said:
Hmmmm...where can I get topical spironolactone? My doctors here are VERY uneducated and conservative. The only thing my derm will recommend is Rogaine. I asked her about spironolactone once and she said it is dangerous and only experimental. She said other than that, there is nothing she can do for me.

Check out http://www.minoxidil.com.

This is Dr. Lee's web site. He can help you out.

Good luck! :lol:

Maxine

Reaction score
Hey Bruce!

Thanks loads!! You're a real gem!!!!! :)

hairwoes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, did you have any success with the topical saw palmetto? Also, any chance it can cause facial hair growth in women?

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, did you have any success with the topical saw palmetto? Also, any chance it can cause facial hair growth in women?

Well... she disappeared 15 years ago so finger crossed it worked for her!