Sara Ferguson on Larry King....

lisaG

Reaction score
Did anyone see Sara talk about "Carbs" and hair loss. For 3 weeks all my hair is sheeding. AND my blood work is good.(auto,harmones,def.)

And all the derms say" Telogen Effluvium " big deal I need some real help! I've been on a low carb diet for a year now and feel great untill my hair started falling out.
LisaG

G

lisaG said:
Did anyone see Sara talk about "Carbs" and hair loss. For 3 weeks all my hair is sheeding. AND my blood work is good.(auto,harmones,def.)

And all the derms say" Telogen Effluvium " big deal I need some real help! I've been on a low carb diet for a year now and feel great untill my hair started falling out.
LisaG

I have been low carb for 6 months. Hair is doing fine.

Keep in mind that Sarah has a financial deal with weight watchers and they dont do low carb.

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
LisaG, do a search on this site. I know that MarieJoe posted a bunch of stuff several months ago about low carb diets leading to hairloss in women and I think she said she was on a low carb diet when her hairloss started. If you can't find it, send her a personal message and contact her. She posted a bunch of links and resources about it.

Make sure you're getting all your nutrients and vitamins. I know that on some of these diets, you avoid a lot of veggies and fruits. Nutritional deficiencies can very easily lead to hairloss.

Good luck.