Sandovalusa's Story - (24 /Rogaine Use - Now Shaved w/pics!)

CBF

Established Member
Reaction score
what is your volume of head if is not a secret? I have the same shape of the head...and i want shave my head...

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
CBF said:
what is your volume of head if is not a secret? I have the same shape of the head...and i want shave my head...

What do you mean volume of head?

By the way, I am very pale because my doctor who removed my moles told me not to avoid the sunlight until September.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Honestly dude you look fine with a shaved head, it's just a shame you lost it all at 24.

But, there's someone in a similar situation to you. Take a look at Patrick Stewart in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXOK-ZVJMaU

He describes losing it at 19 years old. 19.

Basically as it stands there is no way you're growing all your hair back since you're a NW6 at age 24. Transplants are expensive and will look bad. A hair piece might work for you but I personally would rather stay bald and be known as the bald guy than the guy who wears a hair piece (if its ever discovered).

It seems you have a good head on your shoulders, a lot of people here are doing way better than you and start talking about killing themselves.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
But, there's someone in a similar situation to you. Take a look at Patrick Stewart in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXOK-ZVJMaU

He describes losing it at 19 years old. 19.

Yea I love that interview. I've watched it a few times. The hair loss inhibited him with women, its true, but he didn't let it stop him overall. He has a very down to earth perspective about hair loss.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
shuji123 said:
man, you've got a good attitude. Wish I could be more like you.. instead of being depressed 24/7

I've always been into fashion but now even more so. I just got this outfit tailored. My style is going from urban streetwear to a more mature "business casual" style.

To all of you who say that I'm compensating and that it won't work, $@*% you! Haha. I am going to work out more and dress fashionably and I will feel great about myself, inside and out.

sam0490copycopy.jpg

Halp

Reaction score
We all know you compensating but its a good compensation.

Looks good, keep at it dude. I hope when I have to shave my head I can take it like you. Seriously doubt it though.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Very dapper Sando. I think you look like Guy Richie, if you know who that is?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he looks great and fyi i'm strait! Keepp at it bro! You get your teeth whitened? They look good and i'm thinking aout doing it! Just so darn $$
Ignore any negative people on here as seriously, what do they expect you to dress like a punk and be miserable? Life is about adapting, nothing stays the same and if it did, it woould be pretty damn boring.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
You're right sandovalusa, having some decent looking clothes does improve your image/appearance.
What about those of us who don't aren't into wearing those type of clothes? Fair enough, if there's an occasion that calls for it..but i usually like to wear the same type of jeans, jumpers, random shirts..i know if i ever had to shave my head, such clothes will just degrade my image.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
Draco88 said:
You're right sandovalusa, having some decent looking clothes does improve your image/appearance.
What about those of us who don't aren't into wearing those type of clothes? Fair enough, if there's an occasion that calls for it..but i usually like to wear the same type of jeans, jumpers, random shirts..i know if i ever had to shave my head, such clothes will just degrade my image.

A well dressed man can wear a t-shirt with jeans or a tuxedo, and he will be well dressed either way. It takes effort though. My wardrobe is a work in progress. If you don't wish to put in the effort then that's up to you.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To Sandovalusa, i've seen this pictures you put here! you look very good and refreshing :) (no gay here lol ) your positive energies shines from this pictures.

i think a good tan will be perfect on you, but its not a most! seems you can pull it off as you are. keep it up!

btw, dont forget, its not only because you are well dresses, its because you are fit and have a good vibe, if you were fat and unhealthy then its very unlikely you would be as attractive as you are at this point, dont let your self go and you will be just fine.

theShade

Reaction score
Bro you got a good dress sense! As everyone else says, you got a positive vibe going and I think that's attractive to women too; actually a lot of them would prefer the sophisiticated look you got going to the standard surfer-dude t-shirt/shorts outfit that so many other guys our age go for.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thats the way brother work out and get a prestige wardrobe
your just missing 2 things if i can point it out its only my opinion

a tan

and shades!! maybe some aviators with the outfit would look bosssss
haha

Ecto1

Reaction score
Good for you Sandovalusa. I'm 25 and losing my hair, and as a result I've noticed how many guys choose to shave their head. Wherever I go, I see guys sporting the clean, shaved head look - I think if you have the confidence to rock it, which you clearly do, then it's a helluva look. I might head down that path myself, eventually.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
An elderly woman at the Christmas dinner pulled me aside and warned me:

"You better be careful. People might mistake you for a skin head. You might get attacked on the street."

A man in his 50s at the Christmas dinner said to me:

"It must be cold outside eh? Har har har."

I wore a hat for a few months after I started shaving my head and then one day I decided to stop hiding my head! After I stopped wearing the hat I got a few shocked reactions. Two of my professors asked:

"Have you been bald under your hat this entire time?"

One of my classmates said to me:

"I shaved my head once, but I don't have as many moles as you do."

I wasn't really self conscious while I was balding. I am not at all self conscious amongst strangers but I am very sensitive to the reactions of old friends and family who see me for the first time with my new look. I am always curious how they will react.

The only criticism I've ever had over my buzzed or shaved head is from my family. My parents make no attempt to hide their disgust for it. They say it has 'ruined my looks', made me look like a 'thug' and ruined my chances with girls. When I was job-hunting last year they also said I should grow my hair back because 'no one would hire a skinhead'.

At a goodbye dinner last week (I'm moving abroad next week) one of my grandparents, in front of everyone at the table, said 'is your hair like that naturally or are you doing it on purpose?'. I said it was natural and then another one chirped in with 'he used to have such beautiful black hair'. My response was 'that's ageing for you'.

I think family can give you the hardest time over hair loss because they don't want to see their son/grandson be bald. I'm not sure my parents will ever get out of the denial stage. They still think I'd have a full head of hair if I grew it out. I also have an older half-brother who is a norwood 7. When he turned up at a wedding with a shaved head they told him it was a disgrace. He nows sports the clown look with the hair grown out at the sides.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
sandovalusa said:
An elderly woman at the Christmas dinner pulled me aside and warned me:

"You better be careful. People might mistake you for a skin head. You might get attacked on the street."

A man in his 50s at the Christmas dinner said to me:

"It must be cold outside eh? Har har har."

I wore a hat for a few months after I started shaving my head and then one day I decided to stop hiding my head! After I stopped wearing the hat I got a few shocked reactions. Two of my professors asked:

"Have you been bald under your hat this entire time?"

One of my classmates said to me:

"I shaved my head once, but I don't have as many moles as you do."

I wasn't really self conscious while I was balding. I am not at all self conscious amongst strangers but I am very sensitive to the reactions of old friends and family who see me for the first time with my new look. I am always curious how they will react.

The only criticism I've ever had over my buzzed or shaved head is from my family. My parents make no attempt to hide their disgust for it. They say it has 'ruined my looks', made me look like a 'thug' and ruined my chances with girls. When I was job-hunting last year they also said I should grow my hair back because 'no one would hire a skinhead'.

At a goodbye dinner last week (I'm moving abroad next week) one of my grandparents, in front of everyone at the table, said 'is your hair like that naturally or are you doing it on purpose?'. I said it was natural and then another one chirped in with 'he used to have such beautiful black hair'. My response was 'that's ageing for you'.

I think family can give you the hardest time over hair loss because they don't want to see their son/grandson be bald. I'm not sure my parents will ever get out of the denial stage. They still think I'd have a full head of hair if I grew it out. I also have an older half-brother who is a norwood 7. When he turned up at a wedding with a shaved head they told him it was a disgrace. He nows sports the clown look with the hair grown out at the sides.

reminds me of the video where the young guy shaves his head and by all modern standards it looks very good...then he shows his (old school, traditional) parents and they absolutely freak out. Its just ignorance on their part...they still equate it with the the look of "thugs" or "skinheads" when in reality some of the most regular, non threatening people you can find shave their heads nowadays.

I'm lucky that my family was either positive or neutral about it...only my grandmother really didn't like it at first...but considering its likely her husband who is responsible for my aggressive hairloss gene, she should be more considerate...luckily she hasn't said anything since in 2 and a half years. Overall its just not a big deal...I can't see how people who live in urbanized areas can still regard a shaved head as something abnormal or extreme anymore.