Sandovalusa's Story - (24 /Rogaine Use - Now Shaved w/pics!)

HeHateMe23

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Nowadays I am completely comfortable going out in public. I went bar hopping with friends last night and met up with a young woman I haven't seen in years. She briefly mentioned the shaved head and said "everyone's shaving their heads these days!" I guess she thought I did it for stylistic reasons. I guess that means I pulled off the look.
That's awesome man.

Your confidence didn't seem to take a hit at all.

And regarding the comment from the girl, I think you're spot on with her thinking it was for style reasons.

It sucks that your mole scars are kinda visible.. I think some people's skin are just more sensitive than others. I had one removed at the front hairline, and one removed under my eye, and there is no visible scar.

Anyways just wanna say congrats on the new look, the confidence is definitely inspiring.

guitar66

Reaction score
I had a pre-cancer taken out of the tip of my nose. The Doctor took a good sized chunk out, and it left a gnarly scar. I used pure vitamin e oil, with nothing else in it. Its a little sticky, but just put it on at night. Also, if you water it down a bit in your hands, it isnt as sticky. I've recommended this stuff to a few friends for random skin problems, and they all dig it. I'll check which company it is later when i'm home from work. It might help out those mole scars.

G

hey man if you're comfortable with going shaved mroe power to you... i did it for a little bit before i started treatment.

however if there is a part of you that still wants to have hair, you would be the PERFECT candidate for a nice hairpiece. i would go over to that section and do some reading....

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
he's right...you'll have an impact having hair again...an I mean positive...just give it a try...in time you will see that you will spend the same time as you shave your head...or reataching the hairpiece...don't wory about the detection...just follow the link to see how natural is a hairline...good luck!
it is really a shame to lose your look because of this crap...but...if you are happy with your appearance now...it is ok!

this is the link...
http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/t ... est+for+Ba

vikings1234

Reaction score
Sand

I don't know what type of scar it is or what you take for it(even if it is an older scar) But mederma is a WONDERFUL product. I used it for a scar and it is completely gone. The scar was directly below my eye too. I had a fantastic plastic surgeon do the stitches but I thought I would let you know if you haven't already heard/used or can use it for them.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah right, and he'll be like surprise I grew a full head of hair overnight! He looks good with the shaved head and to be honest it made me feel better. (We'll maybe you could lie you had a transplant when you go away for like a summer, I think 80% of the population doesn't know anything about those things).

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
80%...you are very optimistic...I was talking with some friends...and they told me why I am not making a hair transplant...because an hair transplant can make you nowdays a norwood 0 with high density:)) this is what they are thinking...so lying people is easy...this is not the problem...anyway this guy has already told that people are asking him why is shaving his head...because they are thinking that he still has hair...so that is not the problem I think to come with a full head of hair...the problem is the maintainance...but I think as long you are not comfortable about hairloss...it deserve a try...to be honest...If I wasn't bothered of hairloss I won't try it...but I already told you can be shocked how good you will look again...:)till something it will come on the market you can live this way...keep in mind that in 5 years histogen will be available...so it is not so far away...

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, just watched. Think this is a real system or is it his real hair? Maybe it is a different guy? Damn that looks good!

Boondock

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
lol...his thin brother? no...is the same guy!

Jesus, man - you've got to realize that different people have different mindsets when it comes to this.

You might be terrified at the level of loss sandoval has, but he's clearly not. Why suggest a hair system when he's dealing so well with going bald?

I say fair play to the guy. He's taken the ultimate solution in tough circumstances, and even if he has to put in a bit more effort on the dating side, I'm sure this won't hold him back in life. Congrats!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first of all i wanted to say twin up there...second...I wasn't the guy who told him first about that...it was a suggestion from another guy...I just added some...I also wrote to him...that if the bald look makes him feel comfortable is more than ok...anyway...I am trying to not visit this site any more...it looks like me and you bandook and some few guys are the desperate ones from here...I'am trying to forget for a while...I will try the buzz cut to 0 this summer and maybe then I will post a pic!take care...

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
You might be terrified at the level of loss sandoval has, but he's clearly not. Why suggest a hair system when he's dealing so well with going bald?

Thanks for having my back but I do appreciate all the suggestions. I really would prefer hair. I hope one day I come to this thread and someone gives me a solution. Until that day I will keep shaving my head and making the best of it. I haven't come across any solutions yet:

A Piece isn't really an option. I used to do jiu jitsu and I still wrestle around with my jiu jitsu buddies - having a piece doesn't seem to fit my lifestyle. Maybe later in life when I settle down a little bit I would consider one.

Hair transplants obviously aren't an option because my area of hairloss is so big that the transplanted hair would be spread very thin across a large area and I would suffer a scar.

Rogaine - I threw in the towel with Rogaine about a year ago. I could have kept using it longer but I was still losing my hair while using it. Meh.

Propecia gave me sexual side effects so I stopped after a couple months. That was a few years ago.

Boondock

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
Boondock said:

Thanks for having my back but I do appreciate all the suggestions. I really would prefer hair. I hope one day I come to this thread and someone gives me a solution. Until that day I will keep shaving my head and making the best of it. I haven't come across any solutions yet:

A Piece isn't really an option. I used to do jiu jitsu and I still wrestle around with my jiu jitsu buddies - having a piece doesn't seem to fit my lifestyle. Maybe later in life when I settle down a little bit I would consider one.

Hair transplants obviously aren't an option because my area of hairloss is so big that the transplanted hair would be spread very thin across a large area and I would suffer a scar.

Rogaine - I threw in the towel with Rogaine about a year ago. I could have kept using it longer but I was still losing my hair while using it. Meh.

Propecia gave me sexual side effects so I stopped after a couple months. That was a few years ago.

Exactly. To be honest, I think you've got a great attitude and you'll be someone who moves forward in life - with or without hair. Sure, it'd be nice to get it back with technology in 5 years' time, but you don't need to rely on that.

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
I am really impressed by your matter-of-fact attitude toward hair loss. Personally I find it to be devastating but you just seem to be taking it in your stride.

Just a quick question, what were the reactions of your friends and family when your hair first started to thin? Were you self-conscious about it?

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
Vanzzzz said:
Just a quick question, what were the reactions of your friends and family when your hair first started to thin? Were you self-conscious about it?

It seemed like I didn't get much reaction when I was balding (age 19-23). I got a few comments here and there but in hindsight they seem few and far between compared to the reaction I got from people when I started shaving my head completely.

I went to a Christmas dinner with a bunch of family and friends I had not seen in a year and I was sporting the shaved head. People refereed to my head being shiny. Some family friends started jokingly tugging on each others hair to demonstrate that they were not wearing wigs. An elderly woman at the Christmas dinner pulled me aside and warned me:

"You better be careful. People might mistake you for a skin head. You might get attacked on the street."

A man in his 50s at the Christmas dinner said to me:

"It must be cold outside eh? Har har har."

I wore a hat for a few months after I started shaving my head and then one day I decided to stop hiding my head! After I stopped wearing the hat I got a few shocked reactions. Two of my professors asked:

"Have you been bald under your hat this entire time?"

One of my classmates said to me:

"I shaved my head once, but I don't have as many moles as you do."

I wasn't really self conscious while I was balding. I am not at all self conscious amongst strangers but I am very sensitive to the reactions of old friends and family who see me for the first time with my new look. I am always curious how they will react.

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
The completely shaved look (using a blade) seemed to be getting a lot of comments. It gets annoying attending dinner parties and having people ask me polite questions about why I chose to shave my head. I have decided to go with a new look. I use an electric razor to shave my entire head and beard. The electric razor doesn't give me a close shave. Instead, it leaves stubble on my head and face. Below my jaw line I use a blade. I think my head looks more normal now and it doesn't seem to attract as many comments as the shiny shaved head does.

07052010head.jpg