Sandovalusa's Story - (24 /Rogaine Use - Now Shaved w/pics!)

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
reminds me of the video where the young guy shaves his head and by all modern standards it looks very good...then he shows his (old school, traditional) parents and they absolutely freak out. Its just ignorance on their part...they still equate it with the the look of "thugs" or "skinheads" when in reality some of the most regular, non threatening people you can find shave their heads nowadays.

I'm lucky that my family was either positive or neutral about it...only my grandmother really didn't like it at first...but considering its likely her husband who is responsible for my aggressive hairloss gene, she should be more considerate...luckily she hasn't said anything since in 2 and a half years. Overall its just not a big deal...I can't see how people who live in urbanized areas can still regard a shaved head as something abnormal or extreme anymore.

I think I mainly got that reaction from my parents because my mother is one of those few women who absolutely loathe baldness. She openly admits she thinks baldness is extremely unattractive. The irony is of course that she is most likely carrying the bald gene as all her sons are bald or balding. It's also somewhat amusing that my dad is now a norwood 5 (she married him when he had long, thick hair like a rock star).

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sumaiya said:
sometimes you will see,people with long hair?? Do you know the secret beyond this??

yeah, actually i do know whats the secret : they dont have male pattern baldness

and it would be perfect if someone would ban you btw. :whistle:

sandovalusa

Established Member
Reaction score
its been forever since ive been on here. hair loss isnt an issue in my life anymore. noone mentions it, noone says anything. i think the initial shock was just because everyone was surprised to see me when i first shaved it and that made me insecure and uncomfortable.

now its a non-issue!

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Great to hear that. But to be honest, I think it (also) just suits you well. So that's killing 2 bird with 1 stone. :)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
sandovalusa said:
its been forever since ive been on here. hair loss isnt an issue in my life anymore. noone mentions it, noone says anything. i think the initial shock was just because everyone was surprised to see me when i first shaved it and that made me insecure and uncomfortable.

now its a non-issue!

That's how I think it is for most that lose a lot early and have to shave their heads. It's a bit of a shock at first to people that know you, but then everyone gets used to it.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if he reads these boards anymore but Sandovalusa's attitude is not only inspirational but it's fascinating how differently he's dealt with it compared to say uncomfortable man. The latter considers being bald the bane of his existence yet both are in the same situation and it's truly night and day in regards to mindset and feeling adequate.

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your adjusting pretty well mate :punk: You seem to have a good social life, and from what I can tell you're a decent looking guy. Your head shape isn't bad, either.

Out of interest, what was your pattern loss? Receding, thinning, crown?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea, i hope he comes back with an update

he had a great personality and perspective on things overall