Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know if anyone has seen but there’s a sandalore with valproic acid on eBay. It’s 50$. It seems to have a few other ingredients that help with regrowth.

Attachments

• 897B5438-B7EF-460C-ADCD-0169FBCEFD55.png
    897B5438-B7EF-460C-ADCD-0169FBCEFD55.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 131

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
No thanks..

Yeah, too expensive and easy to make on your own. I would make my own by adding the following to liquid min: Peppermint oil, Sandalore, Vitamin B12 (instead of Valproic acid), Castor oil, Taurine; and make a separate one with just Cetirizine and water since it doesn't seem to be stable in ethanol.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, too expensive and easy to make on your own. I would make my own by adding the following to liquid min: Peppermint oil, Sandalore, Vitamin B12 (instead of Valproic acid), Castor oil, Taurine; and make a separate one with just Cetirizine and water since it doesn't seem to be stable in ethanol.
How would I make a Sandalore and peppermint oil topical?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adding it to liquid min would be the easiest. If you are not using that, then I would add them to castor oil and ethanol + polysorbate 80.
I’ve added them to ethanol & pg last night.. will top up with distilled water now.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone had success with sandalwood or sandalore? If so, how much do you apply? 0.1% solution?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's it. I wasn't taking anything else. as soon as sandalore failed for me, i started playing around with the mix, but that failed also. eventually i jumped onto the micro needling / rogaine bandwagon.... that gives me mixed results. I see good thickening / regrowth followed by weeks of sh*t looking hair. This whole thing is a joke.
What was your sandalore regimen? Daily? Once or twice? How did you make your mix and where or which sandalore brand?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only sandalore has shown to help with hair growth...not sandalwood.
So only the synthetic version? I guess that is good as sandalwood is super expensive. What is the topical formulation for sandalore?

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
I use 1/2ml but I disssolve it in10 ml of 95% Ethanol first then add it to my 60ml minoxidil bottle the next day .

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used & have Sandalore in different ways hasn’t done a thing.Perhaps added to a minoxidil cream might be a plus.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got my sandalore and mixed it with minoxidil. I'll be using 1% everyday and will report back.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would anyone be so kind as to tell me where Sandalore can be procured (ideally in Europe, but not necessarily) so I don't have to go through the whole thread?

I would wait for a little (I have the article, see attached). Not all odorants are safe for application.

View attachment 99377

Damn, was not aware of this. Kinda worrying. So there might be a concentration of Sandalore that is high enough to do damage. Anyone know more about this topic?

Anyone got a link to that study so we can see what concentration of Sandalore they used, which would presumably be safe.

EDIT: Found the study: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15365386

Update:
From the study: (https://www.morressier.com/article/...cebocontrolled-trial/5d4980cc8fb7e44098e72d08)

Patients treated daily with Bioscalin S-R® containing 1% Sandalore® showed reduced hair shedding, increased hair volume and increased percentage of anagen HFs significantly more than placebo. Treatment with Bioscalin S-R® containing 1% Sandalore® seems to prevent the reduction of hair shaft thickness and increasing the ratio of terminal/vellus hairs over time. Hair density was also tendentially increased, but just as in placebo. Most of the anti-hair shedding effects were seen already after 8 weeks and maintained at week 24.

Bioscalin S-R Information:

Ingredients​

Intensive strengthening and redensifying treatment:
Aqua, alcohol denat., PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol, ethoxydiglycol, disodium EDTA, alcohol, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, citric acid.

pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol -> It is the Sandalore I guess according to PubChem.

So, it's pretty much the same formula with Nioxin. Actually, Nioxin has a plus from Caffeine and Niacinamide. I guess then, that Nioxin it contains (probably) 1% of Sandalore like the study.

Kinda frustrating that they don't give the concentration, given the quote from the study above.

Where did you find the Nioxin ingredients? I can't find them on Amazon nor the link you gave.

I don’t know if anyone has seen but there’s a sandalore with valproic acid on eBay. It’s 50$. It seems to have a few other ingredients that help with regrowth.

Is the full list of ingredients available anywhere? They don't give it on ebay, as far as I can see, they just mention certain things like caffeine, but don't give the full list.

Last edited:

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi, i use Sandalore at 1% since more of 1 year. No changes at all, will finish the bottle and not re-order. Like a lot of hairloss studies...a lot of bullshit.

The balding god

My Regimen
Reaction score
The balding god here, anyone looking at this forum after all of this time, I quit the sandalore brigade even though i helped start the discussion with updates. Growth starting with miniature small hairs and stopped. Shaved my head gave up smelling like a nasty christmas tree spreading that stuff on my head. I would pursue other methods.