Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read his thread, he says he lost a lot of hair before the topical duta.

That's not what the pictures show. After dozens of hair transplants I don't know how he could've had any thin spots left.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
so how many drops of sandalore would I need for 15ml? since it's 1 drop for 30 right?

You: Okay Google how many drops in milliliter?
Answer 20 drops

Okay Google 15 times 20?
[Answer left as an exercise to the reader]

You got the picture (me hope)

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progress update:

Day 1, first two photos

Day 18, 3rd photo

Day 27, 4th photo

Day 44, 5th photo

Day 48 (today), last 3 photos

Its working. You can see the large velus hairs growing. My original hair is growing faster than it did before. My hair feels stronger. I've been applying dilution 1% with unscented lotion for 35 days now, then switched to 0.75% because I feel like the less I put on, the more it works (applying it twice a day). You can really see the velus hair growth in the last pictures. I don't see why anyone wouldnt start using this. I'm just hoping my velus hairs continue to grow at this rate and I'll have a full head of hair (albeit it would be very light hair). I'm not planning on shaving my head soon, but i will post updates when i get a hair cut (short on sides, high on top).

Hey the balding god, you had some great results in just 48 days from Vanicream + Sandalore.
Do you have an update for us now that it's been quite a while?

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Both perfumersapprentice and perfumesupplyhouse are getting their Sandalore from the company which originally held the patent for it (Givaudan)- they appear to be a legit source. pellwall is getting it from a different company but the shipping is just too expensive.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nioxin released as well, a hair treatment with Sandalore. I think it's new on the market? I am wondering what is the percentage of Sandalore.

Product Description:

Discover NIOXIN Sandalore Anti-Hairloss Treatment , a leave-on hair treatment that thickens the hair from the 1st use and reduces hair loss in 8 weeks thanks to improved hair anchorage and therefore thickening your hair.

This hair loss serum contains caffeine, lauric acid, niacinamide and Sandalore™, a clinically proven formula that thickens hair, increases hair anchorage, and reduces hair fall.

Sandalore is a trademark of Givaudan. (So, they are using the correct one I guess)

Ingredients List:
Alcohol Denat., Aqua/Water/Eau, Niacinamide, Caffeine, Sandalore, Parfum/Fragrance, Lauric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Alcohol, Linalool, Tocopherol, Citric Acid

Anyone who used it or is using it?

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nioxin released as well, a hair treatment with Sandalore. I think it's new on the market? I am wondering what is the percentage of Sandalore.

Product Description:

Discover NIOXIN Sandalore Anti-Hairloss Treatment , a leave-on hair treatment that thickens the hair from the 1st use and reduces hair loss in 8 weeks thanks to improved hair anchorage and therefore thickening your hair.

This hair loss serum contains caffeine, lauric acid, niacinamide and Sandalore™, a clinically proven formula that thickens hair, increases hair anchorage, and reduces hair fall.

Sandalore is a trademark of Givaudan. (So, they are using the correct one I guess)

Ingredients List:
Alcohol Denat., Aqua/Water/Eau, Niacinamide, Caffeine, Sandalore, Parfum/Fragrance, Lauric Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-35 Castor Oil, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Alcohol, Linalool, Tocopherol, Citric Acid

Anyone who used it or is using it?
Update:
From the study: (https://www.morressier.com/article/...cebocontrolled-trial/5d4980cc8fb7e44098e72d08)

Patients treated daily with Bioscalin S-R® containing 1% Sandalore® showed reduced hair shedding, increased hair volume and increased percentage of anagen HFs significantly more than placebo. Treatment with Bioscalin S-R® containing 1% Sandalore® seems to prevent the reduction of hair shaft thickness and increasing the ratio of terminal/vellus hairs over time. Hair density was also tendentially increased, but just as in placebo. Most of the anti-hair shedding effects were seen already after 8 weeks and maintained at week 24.

Bioscalin S-R Information:

Ingredients​

Intensive strengthening and redensifying treatment:
Aqua, alcohol denat., PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol, ethoxydiglycol, disodium EDTA, alcohol, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, citric acid.

pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol -> It is the Sandalore I guess according to PubChem.

So, it's pretty much the same formula with Nioxin. Actually, Nioxin has a plus from Caffeine and Niacinamide. I guess then, that Nioxin it contains (probably) 1% of Sandalore like the study.

Last edited:

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
I would wait for a little (I have the article, see attached). Not all odorants are safe for application.

View attachment 99377

This was pointed out earlier in the thread as being a potential concern...I am not sure. What I get out of it - Sandalore activated OR2AT4 (we already knew that from the title of the study), and 5 other odorants couldn't be tested since they damaged cells. I don't see anything concerning from this paragraph.

Thor9

Established Member
Reaction score
Update:
From the study: (https://www.morressier.com/article/...cebocontrolled-trial/5d4980cc8fb7e44098e72d08)

Patients treated daily with Bioscalin S-R® containing 1% Sandalore® showed reduced hair shedding, increased hair volume and increased percentage of anagen HFs significantly more than placebo. Treatment with Bioscalin S-R® containing 1% Sandalore® seems to prevent the reduction of hair shaft thickness and increasing the ratio of terminal/vellus hairs over time. Hair density was also tendentially increased, but just as in placebo. Most of the anti-hair shedding effects were seen already after 8 weeks and maintained at week 24.

Bioscalin S-R Information:

Ingredients​

Intensive strengthening and redensifying treatment:
Aqua, alcohol denat., PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol, ethoxydiglycol, disodium EDTA, alcohol, sodium hydroxide, tocopherol, citric acid.

pentamethylcyclopent-3-ene-butanol -> It is the Sandalore I guess according to PubChem.

So, it's pretty much the same formula with Nioxin. Actually, Nioxin has a plus from Caffeine and Niacinamide. I guess then, that Nioxin it contains (probably) 1% of Sandalore like the study.

So can we conclude 1% is safe? I would probably still start with 0.1% - 0.5% and maybe increase over time if I don't see anything negative.