Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
100ml of the vanicream should last you ages. You're over complicating this. Just mix the 1% in the 100ml and that's it. Apply a squirt or 2 every day to areas effected
I’m sorry I know I’m being really stupid here, I just don’t understand. So you just add 1ml of sandalore to some vanicream, every day?
Or you add 1ml of sandalore into 100ml vanicream, and that 1ml of sandalore lasts you until the vanicream is gone?

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I know I’m. Ring r

I’m sorry I know I’m being really stupid here, I just don’t understand. So you just add 1ml of sandalore to some vanicream, every day?

when you prepare a 1% solution, you add 1ml of active compound to 100mL of vehicle only once and store it.
Sandalore seems to be very stable, so you can do this for large quantities.
On the other hand, cetirizine is apparently unstable in ethanol, so I prepare one bottle of 50mL every four days.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when you prepare a 1% solution, you add 1ml of active compound to 100mL of vehicle only once and store it.
Sandalore seems to be very stable, so you can do this for large quantities.
On the other hand, cetirizine is apparently unstable in ethanol, so I prepare one bottle of 50mL every four days.
Thank you!

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's happening guys, just wanted to post some progress pics. I've been using Sandalore for a little over 3 months now. Maybe not as much progress from the 2nd to 3rd month as I've tapered a little off minoxidil to every other day. Hoping to see the full results at the 6 month mark, will post more pics until then if I see a pretty significant increase. Most recent pic is the one ending in 228

Attachments

• IMG_20190130_191228.jpg
    IMG_20190130_191228.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_20181210_194254.jpg
    IMG_20181210_194254.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_20181120_181446.jpg
    IMG_20181120_181446.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 637

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's happening guys, just wanted to post some progress pics. I've been using Sandalore for a little over 3 months now. Maybe not as much progress from the 2nd to 3rd month as I've tapered a little off minoxidil to every other day. Hoping to see the full results at the 6 month mark, will post more pics until then if I see a pretty significant increase. Most recent pic is the one ending in 228
Wow these are some serious results! I’m going to have to jump on board and do this right! I’ve read over a few of the pages. Could you please give me a detail of your ratio/vehicle/mixing technique and any one else who is having success. Thanks guys

hailbrotzu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but this is in advanced fibrotic loss. We’re talking after years and years of loss. Before I started using minoxidil, I had areas of completely smooth and bare skin where I’d receded. That all grew back. So rerowth is always possible depending on how advanced and how long standing the loss is. However yes, you are right in saying they once he arrector pili is detracted, your only option is cloned/transplanted hairs

Doesn't Follica's research about neogenesis as well as Dr. Choi's research, prove that the hair follicle can regenerate as if a new one is being created? I may be wrong as I really don't know a lot about the science of all of this.

Also don't adults create new follicles in for example chest hair development? If that is true then there must be a way to bring about this process in the scalp.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow these are some serious results! I’m going to have to jump on board and do this right! I’ve read over a few of the pages. Could you please give me a detail of your ratio/vehicle/mixing technique and any one else who is having success. Thanks guys
Thanks, I take an empty bottle of minoxidil and do a half and half mixture of 93% rubbing alcohol and propylene glycol and add in 5 drops of Sandalore.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m assuming your hair is wet in that very first photo. How long have you been using minoxidil and why are are tapering off?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where abouts is everyone getting there Sandalore from? It seems a bit of a struggle in Australia!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where abouts is everyone getting there Sandalore from? It seems a bit of a struggle in Australia!
I’m assuming you’re aussie. There’s a place I found called aromatic ingredients, they sell
It here (Australia) but you have to buy it in bulk. If you give me your address I can send you 100ml, I have too much.

turfboy

Reaction score
By the way, the ethanol I use now is 192 proof Everclear bought at the local liquor store. Not as cheap as my previous 70% ethyl rubbing alcohol but I like it better

turfboy

Reaction score
Georgie: "sandalore is the only thing you’re using?"

It's my main topical - others might add a little something hard to say. They include: nizoral shampoo, cod liver oil one or twice a week (topical), peppermint oil daily (topically), massive amounts of black tea (consuming but also topically), vit c, vit d, and some others such as cumin. Try to eat right.

Last edited:

turfboy

Reaction score
Lots of good information from Portaljar (I pasted his post right under my post below the asterisks)

My next formulation will be a 0.5 - 0.6% Sandalore solution. Thus

.5 ml Sandalore
.5 ml ethoxydiglycol (equivalent Sandalore)
Ethanol 70 ml
(shake well and let sit overnight)
dab PEG 40 castor oil
distilled water to 100 ml
(shake well)

I think success with this topical is all about getting the right amount of Sandalore - too much and no good, too little and no good. For me, sometimes it seems to work very, very well. Other times it seems I am going backwards. I am not sure the exact reason.

Portaljar: "I started with 0.5% sandalore three weeks and I have seen how my hair improved in density and the itching almost disappeared, no shedding. Quickly I saw how my temples started to grow slightly, excited I raised my sandalwood up to 1% with headache included then in two weeks my hair looked more stuck and weak again.

Here I thought that maybe the effectiveness curve of sandalor is an "n" and to take it to 1% work little or not... but if 0.25% sandalor is more effective? I have done the test for another three weeks and I do not see results... again and some itching returned

I am applying for 0.5% a week and again I notice the hair with better quality and I am looking forward to reviewing my temples in the coming weeks. in periods of three weeks I have observed for me that 0.25% acts little, 1% little or nothing, and 0.5% is visible to me in many aspects to maintain so... no headache, itching outside, no shedding"

Last edited:

turfboy

Reaction score
By the way, for those that are using castor oil in their solution, be aware that castor oil and PEG 40 castor oil are not the same thing (though castor oil is used in both). The PEG just means polyethylene glycol (PEG) and the 40 is the amount of ethylene oxide used to make it (40 moles)

Last edited:

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what would be the best alcohol to mix with? I want to buy some too to trial in case vanicream isn’t effective.

turfboy

Reaction score
100% ethanol would be good but hard to find locally. Everclear liquor, which I now use, is 95% ethanol. Seems fine. No toxic chemicals like with the ethyl rubbing alcohol.

Last edited: