Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I take an empty bottle of minoxidil and do a half and half mixture of 93% rubbing alcohol and propylene glycol and add in 5 drops of Sandalore.
What's happening guys, just wanted to post some progress pics. I've been using Sandalore for a little over 3 months now. Maybe not as much progress from the 2nd to 3rd month as I've tapered a little off minoxidil to every other day. Hoping to see the full results at the 6 month mark, will post more pics until then if I see a pretty significant increase. Most recent pic is the one ending in 228
Isopropyl or ethanol alcohol? Also where I live standard concentration of rubbing alcohol is 91% this shouldn't be a problem right?

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isopropyl or ethanol alcohol? Also where I live standard concentration of rubbing alcohol is 91% this shouldn't be a problem right?
Isopropyl, I don't know where to find straight up ethanol if not from a chemical supplier. 91% should be fine, the goal is to limit the amount of water as Sandalore is insoluble in water.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isopropyl, I don't know where to find straight up ethanol if not from a chemical supplier. 91% should be fine, the goal is to limit the amount of water as Sandalore is insoluble in water.
That makes sense. Therefore I should shoot for 100% if available? Also where are you getting your sandalore from? Is there a specific formulation I should be looking for? How will I know if what im buying is the right stuff?

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see how many are using ethanol vs isopropyl.
Why are some people here using like 4/5 ingredients? Is there any benefit to that rather than just the 1 (ethanol or isopropyl)?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m assuming you’re aussie. There’s a place I found called aromatic ingredients, they sell
It here (Australia) but you have to buy it in bulk. If you give me your address I can send you 100ml, I have too much.
Yeh I’m Aussie Georgie and I did stumble across that page and thought those amounts were huge! That would be amazing thank you so much! Send me through a private message and I’ll give you my address :)

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are some people here using like 4/5 ingredients? Is there any benefit to that rather than just the 1 (ethanol or isopropyl)?

Ethyl alcohol or ethanol is more safer alcohol for health in applications such as lotions, creams, etc. isopropyl is not recomended for this

same is 1 ingredient that 20...
you can make your formula only with alcohol if your skin resists it

all togeher seek the best disolution, penetration and persistence but that does not harm your skin drying up or leaving your hair greasy.

More alcohol evaporates too fast and dries your skin, more water will not dissolve sandalore, pg is solvent and moisturizer but there are allergic people. Dmso is a powerful solvent with penetration into skin...
Sandalore aprox 0.5ml (mixed in 100ml of other things) and all focused on disolution, penetration and persistence

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ethyl alcohol or ethanol is more safer alcohol for health in applications such as lotions, creams, etc. isopropyl is not recomended for this

same is 1 ingredient that 20...
you can make your formula only with alcohol if your skin resists it

all togeher seek the best disolution, penetration and persistence but that does not harm your skin drying up or leaving your hair greasy.

More alcohol evaporates too fast and dries your skin, more water will not dissolve sandalore, pg is solvent and moisturizer but there are allergic people. Dmso is a powerful solvent with penetration into skin...
Sandalore aprox 0.5ml (mixed in 100ml of other things) and all focused on disolution, penetration and persistence
Thank you, much appreciated. Can I ask why ethanol is recommended over isopropyl? And where can I buy some 90% ethanol?

Are these ingredients easy to buy? What is DMSO? Thanks again.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That makes sense. Therefore I should shoot for 100% if available? Also where are you getting your sandalore from? Is there a specific formulation I should be looking for? How will I know if what im buying is the right stuff?
I got mine from perfumers apprentice. I don't think there exists a pure 100% alcohol solution as this is extremely difficult to make and it would absorb some moisture from the air.

thejuiceman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Propylene glycol is used to slow down the drying of alcohol, otherwise it would just dry in a matter of seconds. This is why minoxodil has pg as well.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got mine from perfumers apprentice. I don't think there exists a pure 100% alcohol solution as this is extremely difficult to make and it would absorb some moisture from the air.
Awesome. And one more question if you don't mind, about how much do you use per day?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, much appreciated. Can I ask why ethanol is recommended over isopropyl? And where can I buy some 90% ethanol?
Are these ingredients easy to buy? What is DMSO? Thanks again.
please read again... Ethyl alcohol or ethanol is more safer alcohol for health in applications such as lotions, creams, etc. isopropyl is not recomended for this.

nobody has confirmed that the dmso improves the lotion. There is no magic formula yet. Please, use Internet search. Dmso (always pharmaceutical grade) is an organic solvent, preservative, anti-inflammatory with penetration power. Use carefully and very low concentration

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
please read again... Ethyl alcohol or ethanol is more safer alcohol for health in applications such as lotions, creams, etc. isopropyl is not recomended for this.

nobody has confirmed that the dmso improves the lotion. There is no magic formula yet. Please, use Internet search. Dmso (always pharmaceutical grade) is an organic solvent, preservative, anti-inflammatory with penetration power. Use carefully and very low concentration
Thanks, so should I use Ethanol or isopropyl to mix with sandalore? I’m confused

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, so should I use Ethanol or isopropyl to mix with sandalore? I’m confused
isopropyl could be absorbed through the skin and cause intoxication symptoms
ethanol is the preferred vehicle of the two

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

Is this a good lotion to mix with the sandalore ? Its says ethanol at 70 %

Attachments

• 15489824667741401762868194369550.jpg
    15489824667741401762868194369550.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 274

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

Is this a good lotion to mix with the sandalore ? Its says ethanol at 70 %

what % are you going to use?
in that solution, 30% is water and other denaturating agents.
it should not be enough to ruin sandalore solubility
if you want to be very sure, just add the drops shake and wait 24h in a transparent container
if you see droplets of sandalore isolated, floating around or near the surface, 70º is not good and 96º should be used instead.