Sandalore - Chemical Used In Perfumes To Mimic Sandalwood Triggers Growth?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
some people use 0.1% or 0.2% and another 0.5% and others 1%...
Please, after first month of testing, today and now is possible to say which is most appropriate or effective amount or amount that we should discard?

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
some people use 0.1% or 0.2% and another 0.5% and others 1%...
Please, after first month of testing, today and now is possible to say which is most appropriate or effective amount or amount that we should discard?

A month is not long enough, especially with the limited sample size that we have. 0.1% is what the study used, so that should be fine.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 109771 View attachment 109772

In December I posted a pic of new hairs growing on my bald spot after just six weeks of sandalore. Here is my 10-week update pic, where some new hairs are getting up to a respectable length. I wish I had some freckles or moles up there to use as points of reference, the new is starting to blend with the old. To me what distinguishes the new hairs is that they're brown (my hair is mostly gray) and they're sparser than the old hairs on the edge of my bald spot.

I'm amazed at the regrowth I'm getting in this barren area after so short an interval and such a trivial expense. FWIW, my sandalore vehicle is liquid minoxidil. I've been using minoxidil for years, once per day, in the evening. That routine hasn't changed, the only difference is that when I open a new 60 mL bottle of minoxidil I add four drops of sandalore. I give the bottle of vigorous shake every time I use it, half a minute or so. I've always done that with minoxidil, though I've heard shaking it isn't necessary.

I have no idea if you guys would have similar results. It seems I'm not a typical member of this forum - my balding didn't start until my mid-40s ( I'm 60 now), mainly in the crown/top of my head, not the hairline.
I'm also seeing couple of my grey hairs have now turned back to original colour. Very odd.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've recently made alcohol and pg solution for day time application but I've been getting ear ache last couple of days. Does anyone think this could be related to the new solution?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've recently made alcohol and pg solution for day time application but I've been getting ear ache last couple of days. Does anyone think this could be related to the new solution?
What are your mix proportions and alcohol type?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was testing a small amount of Sandalore at 1% and it does not seem to do anything significant in 3 weeks so I continue with my 0.25% because I have see effects from the beginning.
I think that this molecule needs to be very diluted and I have see that increasing 1% seems to smell less time or is less persistent than 0.5% or 0.25%
What do you think of this?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Short update form me, I started sandalore at end of November ( in minoxidil all the time, just that i started using trinov 2 weeks ago, so now i'm adding it in trinov).. Up until now, I noticed, that the hair, which i'm shedding become way thicker. Didn't notice any reduction is shedding, but hair seems thicker. Also, my hairdresser told me the same thing today. I really believe that sandalore is good addition to hair loss regimen.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
I was testing a small amount of Sandalore at 1% and it does not seem to do anything significant in 3 weeks so I continue with my 0.25% because I have see effects from the beginning.
I think that this molecule needs to be very diluted and I have see that increasing 1% seems to smell less time or is less persistent than 0.5% or 0.25%
What do you think of this?

Oh it works at 0.25% but not at 1% for you?

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Short update form me, I started sandalore at end of November ( in minoxidil all the time, just that i started using trinov 2 weeks ago, so now i'm adding it in trinov).. Up until now, I noticed, that the hair, which i'm shedding become way thicker. Didn't notice any reduction is shedding, but hair seems thicker. Also, my hairdresser told me the same thing today. I really believe that sandalore is good addition to hair loss regimen.

How much are you adding in trinov? And any idea if this could mess with the liposomes in there?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh it works at 0.25% but not at 1% for you?
I can only say that in the same period of time (3 weeks) can work but I have not observed proportional results mix to 1%. I would have expected a large increase that I have not seen.
that is why I will continue with a lower 0.25% simil to study for several months. another poster said ... it seems that at less sandal % more works.
maybe... Maybe

Last edited:

inmyhead

Reaction score
I can only say that in the same period of time (3 weeks) can work but I have not observed proportional results mix to 1%. I would have expected a large increase that I have not seen.
that is why I will continue with a lower 0.25% simil to study for several months. another poster said ... it seems that at less sandal % more works.
maybe... Maybe

This is nonsese. Study had cells in sandalore all the time, it's not the same when applying topically.

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is nonsese. Study had cells in sandalore all the time, it's not the same when applying topically.
Sorry, I did not explain well. the study is 0.01% too low and here we try to see effectiveness between 0.1%, 0.2, 0.5... 1%.
In my own tests i have applied 0.5% for 3 weeks and I see positive results then I increase to 1% and I do not perceive progress and I feel my hair worse.
So I restart the application from 0.25% for one month and I will increase again to 0.5% to verify this

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not explain well. the study is 0.01% too low and here we try to see effectiveness between 0.1%, 0.2, 0.5... 1%.
In my own tests i have applied 0.5% for 3 weeks and I see positive results then I increase to 1% and I do not perceive progress and I feel my hair worse.
So I restart the application from 0.25% for one month and I will increase again to 0.5% to verify this

So you got results with 0.5% or 0.25%?

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score

Million $ question.. we need more people to test different Sandalore regimens and report back. @portaljar I would not stop experimenting at 3 weeks mark, maybe 6-8 weeks. And its IMPORTANT TO TAKE CLOSE photos to detect tiny changes or tiny new hairs or villus hairs if any. I'm currently at week 6 Sandalore 1% dissolved in alcohol and PG and DMSO twice daily. No visible results but then again foolish me started taking photos at week 4 and noticed tiny new hairs in close up shots, tiny new hairs that could be the result of Sandalore or other stuff. Also try to calibrate photo parameters (angle, distance from the same spot, light, resolution, focus etc).

freebiefan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking to adding sandalore to my routine. But I'm wondering why some people are mixing their sandalore in vanicream, others in alcohol. Is it purely preference? Is it that vanicream users have longer hair that hair is easier to hide in? Is it that the alcohol solution more closely resembles the study?

portaljar

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you got results with 0.5% or 0.25%?
0.5% for me it works.
In my case I have seen in 3 weeks ... thickening, more density and better appearance and excited I went up to 1% thinking about duplicating result but it as not worked as I expected and my hair looks worse, for that reason I want to start from below 0.25% and if I am not satisfied with the result I will return to 0.5% that work for me

staresatwalls

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm looking to adding sandalore to my routine. But I'm wondering why some people are mixing their sandalore in vanicream, others in alcohol. Is it purely preference? Is it that vanicream users have longer hair that hair is easier to hide in? Is it that the alcohol solution more closely resembles the study?
Nobody knows what carrier is best, its up to you. Choose a carrier, choose a percentage/dose and start a regimen. Take photos of your baseline, and keep taking and posting photos as you progress.

Last edited: